Are the terms both being used on the same ship? I know that what HAL calls a veranda most other cruise lines call a balcony. I always thought it was just a matter of terminology.

Could someone tell me the difference between a balcony suite and a veranda suite?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3v8nyrxvuw2zxg/Screenshot%202015-01-08%2016.16.04.png?dl=0

That is a screen shot of the deck with the suites on it. Is the description one that they are using to market the suites? If so, maybe the ones with the lifeboat in front would fit into one of those descriptions depending which they consider better or worse.

Could someone tell me the difference between a balcony suite and a veranda suite?

V-11, 12, 13 and 14 are Balcony Category 3 Suites

V-7, 8, 9 and 10 are Obstructed Category 2 Veranda Suites

V-1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are Category 1 Veranda Suites

By the way, suites V-11, 12, 13 and 14 were added for the Iberia Cruise Lines Renovation and did not exist when I sailed on the Inaugural Carnival Celebration sailing. We were in "Penthouse" Suite V-3 is what is was originally called.

Trust me, the balcony's are just okay, considering there are only 14 on the whole ship. They have metal rungs for railings and every one whether looking right, left or dead center, all face and look at the life boats. They were incredible the first time they premiered......a balcony? Really? On a cruise ship?

Edited by cruiseguys2009

My friend and I booked V9 and to me it's looks like it's an obstructive view but the suite numbers V1-V6 don't look like they have any lifeboats staring at them. Can anyone clarify? I might call the cruise line but I am not sure if at this point they could answer that question. I would consider upgrading if I know that V1-V6 are not obstructed. If they all are obstructed I guess it doesn't matter, it is what it is. :confused:

My friend and I booked V9 and to me it's looks like it's an obstructive view but the suite numbers V1-V6 don't look like they have any lifeboats staring at them. Can anyone clarify? I might call the cruise line but I am not sure if at this point they could answer that question. I would consider upgrading if I know that V1-V6 are not obstructed. If they all are obstructed I guess it doesn't matter, it is what it is. :confused:

I am not sure what amenities will be offered or what kind of furnishings are in this new cruiselines "suites" but just know the size and configuration equates to what would be considered a basic balcony on any post 1998 cruise ship.

Hopefully they will offer some perks which will make up the difference.

V-9 Is Obstructed. I have been in that cabin personally, however, ALL OF THE SUITE cabins are not Full View. If you look outside V-9's balcony to the right, no obstruction, and your neighbors are right there too. If you look straight ahead, a lifeboat, but you can look beyond the life boat, it's really not a big deal.

All of the Suites look out, albeit indirectly for some, at The Lifeboats.

The Suites on The Celebration are technically what as known as a Mini-Suite on Norwegian, or a Deluxe Balcony on Princess, or a Sky Suite on Celebrity. Really just an over sized cabin with a sofa (by the way, no other rooms on The Grand Celebration have a sofa, except Suites). But, it IS on the top deck and it IS convenient to all the outdoor activities. It IS a bigger cabin, on THIS ship. I am sure you will not be disappointed. I wasn't disappointed in 1987. I thought it was amazing. A Balcony! However, by today's mega liner standards, Jerome and I sail in much larger accommodations and they are considered normal, run of the mill. But.....Celebration IS a Vintage Ship and I am sure we both will LOVE LOVE LOVE It!

Edited by cruiseguys2009
So Cruiseguys2009 the more expensive Veranda Suites (V1-V6) are also obstructed views. So basically I should stay in V9 is your educated opinion?

The Life Boats are located right in front of the Balcony Suites. V - 9 just happens to be located where you see the rear of the Life Boat, but it is really not a big deal. I would stay there. It is one of only 14 balcony's on the ship, there is a mini bar, there is a sofa, and you are only on it for two nights. You can see beyond the life boat. That being said, every, I mean EVERY Suite can see the lifeboats. If I am in V - 3 and I look to the right, I see my neighbor (it was before privacy panels were installed) and I can see the lifeboats. If I am in V - 11 and I look left, I will see the lifeboats. Relax, you have a balcony, one of only 14. You will be fine. When the ship sails at 6PM from Palm Beach and then sails the next night from Freeport at 6PM, there is not much to see anyway. Not to worry. They are fine.

Edited by cruiseguys2009
I've seen your pictures before and laughed then. I want to go on that cruise too! I love martinis:):)

We will let you know the exact days we are sailing. I have received all the information, and Bahamas Celebration Cruise Lines are taking bookings, but like everything, I prefer to know that The Grand Celebration is in fact, sailing. I am going to be the guinea pig in any case.

We will let you know the exact days we are sailing. I have received all the information, and Bahamas Celebration Cruise Lines are taking bookings, but like everything, I prefer to know that The Grand Celebration is in fact, sailing. I am going to be the guinea pig in any case.

You mean Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines :D

Don't worry I've said the new company name wrong so many times so I guess we're in the same boat :D

You mean Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines :D

Don't worry I've said the new company name wrong so many times so I guess we're in the same boat :D

I know, I had Bahamas Celebration on the brain, and I also had two martini's as well. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines. Now I feel like I am back in Catholic School and the Nuns are making me write on the black board. I will call it Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines. I will call it Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines, 100 times. Funny!

:D

I know, I had Bahamas Celebration on the brain, and I also had two martini's as well. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines. Now I feel like I am back in Catholic School and the Nuns are making me write on the black board. I will call it Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines. I will call it Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines, 100 times. Funny!

:D

I saw a private advert for the cruise line and the person put in the ad - Bahamas Celebration Cruise Line :eek:

We're all confused :D

I just hope the Captian knows the name of his ship :D

I just hope the captain doesn't hit whatever it was that the captain of the Bahamas Celebration hit!

BobK/Orlando

I'm looking forward to trying this new /old ship. BTW, did they ever figure out what was hit?

Lol, we should do a locals cruise!

-Elizabeth

My mother is turning 90 on 4/7 and my brother in law 70 on 4/4, so we decided this is where we will be for the family get together/birthday parties. We will be in V-4 in celebration of my mother's 90th B-Day. The rest of the family will be in ocean views. Can't wait!

Yes we switched rooms, I kept looking and then rereading Cruiseguys2009 and thought I just didn't want to stare at a lifeboat. I know that rooms are bigger too. If you can why not right! Cant wait:D

Yes we switched rooms, I kept looking and then rereading Cruiseguys2009 and thought I just didn't want to stare at a lifeboat. I know that rooms are bigger too. If you can why not right! Cant wait:D

Yes, I looked at it too and didn't want to be staring at a lifeboat. Now I find out the bathroom is a tub to take a shower. My mother can't get into the tub to take a shower. I called and they do have a spa that she can take a shower.