Which Asian itinerary is most appealing?

Iamthesea

Yes, Arno. You would be correct. Although, I thought the "coffee shops" offered weed, not women. :confused:

Cathy, not disgusted with Amsterdam. We liked Amsterdam proper. It was the Red Light district "ladies" that he thought distasteful. After seeing a couple of them in their "acts", he said he felt like he was getting a disease. LOL :D I just looked the other way as much as I could. Anyway, that's another subject. ;)

:eek: That's it...we are not going shopping! :D

Oh, okay. We are headed there on the Silhouette TA, never heard of it being 'disgusting' before! But now I understand. Thanks for clarifying.

If you decide, for whatever reason not to go to Bangkok, there is an incredible zoo where you can have your picture taken with a (live) baby tiger, with a (live) full grown tiger and so on. If you love animals, it's an incredible experience (how many places in the world can you have your arm around a fully grown tiger?).

Do some research on the tiger temple. It is controversial.

There is also an open zoo and pretty good zip line tour as part of the zoo.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Oh, okay. We are headed there on the Silhouette TA, never heard of it being 'disgusting' before! But now I understand. Thanks for clarifying.

The "red light district" is part of Amsterdam culture, and can easily be avoided. It is a specific section of the city. If you don't go there, you won't be disgusted. We strolled down the street just to see what it was all about. Not any more revealing than the display signs outside an ordinary Victoria's Secret store in any mall.

data=U4aSnIyhBFNIJ3A8fCzUmaVIwyWq6RtIfB4QKiGq_w,IFF1ms17RZweG_z6i9lXdRCqPLSeKZRMDdkSKlNmF14-2a8RfSAiXm_d7pJJPmpVD3w-Io1DIGVDWBd2ErWUxDoWlw_ctGi8yyu6EP4IrwwLCbn5bE343Wbszuba5cArkibbkndpEpfZNmCR01iYDdw7GWInKmLic_fGVNe2aSaHzNOcsys1y1JG17a4PhLiQ0Ye2weJBe-3BpGb3172JKSmo4n-8RkckN5UJ0kbkw-dv8X5Ld_9zPCWNnphGlk

Edited by SantaFeFan

Do some research on the tiger temple. It is controversial.

There is also an open zoo and pretty good zip line tour as part of the zoo.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I was not suggesting the tiger temple...there is a zoo excursion offered by celebrity and that zoo has crocodiles that you can feed, a baby tiger you can have on your lap for picture, and a full grown tiger where you can enter the cage and hold him for pictures (for nominal fees). I am sure the full grown tiger is drugged but he looked well cared for (I love animals) and between you and me, I think it was better that he was drugged given my speed and teeth vs his. He was chained by the way...but even on that chain, I would have made a good meal for him.

Really! I walk by Victoria Secrets windows fairly often while in our mall. I don't ever remember seeing an unclothed woman with legs sprawled while reclining in a dentist chair. I can't mention on here what else she was doing, but you should get the picture. We also went to the district, with some German friends, to see what the district was all about. We saw, we blushed, we left. :D

The "red light district" is part of Amsterdam culture, and can easily be avoided. It is a specific section of the city. If you don't go there, you won't be disgusted. We strolled down the street just to see what it was all about. Not any more revealing than the display signs outside an ordinary Victoria's Secret store in any mall.

I agree and I think it's pretty judgmental for some to say Amsterdam is "disgusting"...it's the oldest profession and it is a profession, a legal profession in Amsterdam.

You realize that the "disgusting" comment I made was over the "prurient delights" comment that you made about an area in Bangkok. It was not about Amsterdam proper. We loved Amsterdam, which I mentioned in an earlier post. :) Please, I do not want to get into a debate over this, so let's not mention it again. ;)

Thank you to those that answered my question on the Asian cruise.;) I have printed it out and taking the itinerary with us on our cruise in a couple of weeks. We will book onboard.

Edited by Iamthesea