janie315

Skier 52 - Cabin Question

Hi Skier - Wondering if you have any information on Cabin 9219 on the Divinia? Thanks!

9219 is a standard balcony cabin of 192 sq ft ( 168 living ; 24 bathroom) and a 42 sq ft balcony.

It is however in the rearmost , and narrowest recessed area which will limit the field of view somewhat, and the view downwards will be the top of a life boat, but that is not too much of a problem (it's more of a problem for deck 8)

Pete

Not Skier 52 but I can tell you your room is 191 sq ft and the balcony is 42 sq ft and you will have limited visibility to the right and left from your balcony. He will probably point out where your room will be from the outside of the ship.

Just as riclop said

this is where 9219 is, in the rear recess

If you want to enlarge the image on screen press "Ctrl" and "+" together a couple of times.

"Ctrl" and "-" to go back

9219.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Pete - Thanks a million for that picture! This is my first time sailing on MSC! Stepping out of our comfort zone but thought we'd give MSC a shot. We are big Princess cruiser (Elite) but would like to try a new line for a change. Thanks again - appreciate your time in sending me this picture.

Edited by janie315

Wow! That's pretty awesome that you're able to point out where the cabin is in the pic! Can I hijack this thread pretty please? :)Do you know where 10235 would be? Thanks!

Wow! That's pretty awesome that you're able to point out where the cabin is in the pic! Can I hijack this thread pretty please? :)Do you know where 10235 would be? Thanks!

10235 added as requested

Fabulous position on the corner of the rear hump.

Full 180 degree view, no lifeboat directly below.

9219-1.jpg

Thank you so much!!! This is our first cruise. We're really looking forward to it! :)

Thank you so much!!! This is our first cruise. We're really looking forward to it! :)

You will enjoy it, especially as you going straight into the balcony cabins level and missing out the usual inside, ocean view balcony route.

next time go Yacht Club, it's a completely different experience and well worth it.

Have a great cruise, looking forward to your review

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Can I be cheeky and ask you to point out 9154?

Will my view be spoilt by a lifeboat? And is it a small balcony?

Thanks in advance! :)

Can I be cheeky and ask you to point out 9154?

Will my view be spoilt by a lifeboat? And is it a small balcony?

Thanks in advance! :)

9154 is a standard balcony cabin 192 sq ft with a 42 sq ft balcony

your view won't be spoilt by a lifeboat but you will be able to see some of one , but not all of a lifeboat when looking down. Nothing to worry about

Here it is on an image

9154.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Just back and a few updates on this cabin! No couch, quite location, it had a bathtub and not the walk in shower. A million kids on board last week and more to come we told the next few weeks. Food I though was great! Pizza outstanding, pasta to die for. I do not no what all the negative posts are. Guess they don't no good Italian food! lol...

Just back and a few updates on this cabin! No couch, quite location, it had a bathtub and not the walk in shower. A million kids on board last week and more to come we told the next few weeks. Food I though was great! Pizza outstanding, pasta to die for. I do not no what all the negative posts are. Guess they don't no good Italian food! lol...

Thanks for the update , all the info duly noted.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise and hoetfully you will go with MSC again.

make sure you register for the MSC club and get a discount on your next cruise with them ( unlerss it is one of the special offers that don't allow the discount)

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks Pete! Yes, I would cruise MSC Divina again for sure!!! But not durning school vacations. It turned out that several European schools and US schools have Spring break for the next several weeks. On my wish list for the Divina would be an Adult Pool. Kids took over every pool!

Pete, I was looking at moving to cabin 10021 does that have a better balcony than 10015?

Thanks

Jeff

Interested in this as we have pre-booked 10031!

Pete, I was looking at moving to cabin 10021 does that have a better balcony than 10015?

Thanks

Jeff

10021 is next dooor to 10015 and therefore has the same type of balcony

cabin 10037 is the cabin with the half steel half plexiglass panel on the balcony. so 10041 is the first all plexiglass balcony.

Here is an image which will explain what I mean graphically, there are two balconies per opening in the steel. So you can see one complete opening and one partial opening to the right of 10015 plus the half and half balcony; five balconies in all before a wholly plexiglass one

a7e54b5d-90e9-44f6-ad55-132e034a5bda.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

10031 is an INSIDE cabin, so no balcony

Perhaps 10031 is a typo

Sorry Pete, I'm not sure where I got that number from-it's 10028. Thanks

Sorry Pete, I'm not sure where I got that number from-it's 10028. Thanks

Here is an image of where your balcony is, it's just around the area where the steel changes to plexiglass

10028.jpg

ignore the oval near the bridge as that was used in another answer. being very enviromentally conscientious I've recycled an old image. LOL

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Any pics or info about cabin 9173?

Thanks' date='

dd's mom[/quote']

9173 is a balcony cabin on the central hump and can best be described as a small balcony cabin. It is 148 sq feet (124 living area, 24 bathroom) and the balcony is 34 sq ft.

It will have good views left and right . Downwards it will look on to the top of a life boat (as do many cabins, the main exception being those on the front hump which look straightdown to the ocean), but it is less of the top of the life boat than cabins within the recessed areas. It is labelled as a "bella" experience cabin.

For reference a Standard balcony cabin is 192 sq ft (168 living 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq ft balcony

Pete

Thanks Pete. I expected as much ... but for the LOW price we paid .... I don't even care!!! I'm sure some people paid even more for an inside. So ... as long as it's got a bathroom, bed and fresh air ... we're good!

dd's mom

Anyone else working on getting clothes ready to pack? I'm ironing and folding today. (Will be too busy next weekend and we plan to leave home on Monday (driving to Miami).

Thanks Pete. I expected as much ... but for the LOW price we paid .... I don't even care!!! I'm sure some people paid even more for an inside. So ... as long as it's got a bathroom' date=' bed and fresh air ... we're good!

dd's mom

Anyone else working on getting clothes ready to pack? I'm ironing and folding today. (Will be too busy next weekend and we plan to leave home on Monday (driving to Miami).[/quote']

What a fantastic outlook on life. I'm sure you'll enjoy the cruise, so have a good one

Here's where your cabin is

9173.jpg

and this is what it will look like

small%20hump%20balcony%20deck12.jpg

For comparison here is a standard balcony

you can count the immitation planks to get an idea of the relative sizes

your cabin 5 planks plus 2 narrow edges

Standard cabin 6 planks plus 2 wider edges

Not much in it really. both are functional

P1020628-1_zpsce4fb204.jpg

Pete

Hi skier52 reading you comments on 10028, we are on the preziosa in May in 9026 and I was worried it would not have a plexi glass balcony. What do you mean when you say around the area where the steel changed to plexi glass? I rang msc this week and asked about the balcony and the answer was if there are no comments on the Internet the room must be okay. She also said the only restricted balconies were on deck 8. Your advice would be very helpful

Hi skier52 reading you comments on 10028, we are on the preziosa in May in 9026 and I was worried it would not have a plexi glass balcony. What do you mean when you say around the area where the steel changed to plexi glass? I rang msc this week and asked about the balcony and the answer was if there are no comments on the Internet the room must be okay. She also said the only restricted balconies were on deck 8. Your advice would be very helpful

Your advice from MSC is RUBBISH they know nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the balconies on deck 9 on the forward hump on Preziosa (and Divina for that matter, but not Splendida or Fantasia) this includes ALL balcony cabins within the range 9011- 9084 have steel surrounds on the balcony.

NONE have plexiglass

I've labelled all the decks for you.

NOTE;- THERE IS NO DECK 17 ON THE SHIP (it is not an error on my part)

Deck 9 forward hump outlined in red

Feel free to download the image and email it to the MSC ofice in your region

Pete

preziosa%20deck%209.jpg

your balcony will look like this

Image courtesy of cruisetrail

balconyinhull.jpg

Edited by Skier52

Skier52, thank you for the detailed response.

We checked with MSC UK and could only swap to a disabled cabin and DH didn't want that.

I can go back to following preziosa's loop around the Mediterranean, and think 3 weeks from today we will be civitavecchia.

Skier52, thank you for the detailed response.

We checked with MSC UK and could only swap to a disabled cabin and DH didn't want that.

I can go back to following preziosa's loop around the Mediterranean, and think 3 weeks from today we will be civitavecchia.

That's a shame DH wouldn't swap as the size of the cabin and especially the balcony make them attractive.

Pete

Pete

I know on here a disabled cabin is considered a bonus.

We stayed in a disabled room at Trump in Las Vegas and the room was very carefully thought through for a wheelchair.

we found the modifications got in our way and made me appreciate how much we take for granted that a person in a wheelchair cannot reach.

I'd love to know something about our room, 10181 on the MSC Preziosa, on a Med cruise this summer. I'm picturing a lovely view of the whole Italian coastline while we head south, and of Spain as we head north. But I have no idea if I'll just be looking at a lifeboat, and the MSC agent isn't telling. Can you help, Pete? Thanks!

Edited by anchors away 15

I'd love to know something about our room, 10181 on the MSC Preziosa, on a Med cruise this summer. I'm picturing a lovely view of the whole Italian coastline while we head south, and of Spain as we head north. But I have no idea if I'll just be looking at a lifeboat, and the MSC agent isn't telling. Can you help, Pete? Thanks!

Your wish is granted. Lovely views to the sides , looking down you'll see part of a lifeboat , but nothing to worry about; plenty of cabins have the view of a top of a lifeboat when looking down. it's some of the cabins on deck 8 which have their field of view limited by a lifeboat.

Here's where your cabin is

10181%20preziosa.jpg

Have a great cruise and enjoy the views, though as the ship moves mostly at night i suspect that what you see will be twinkling lights and the flashes of ligthouses.

Pete

Pete,

You are a wealth of information on MSC Cabins, thank you so much for sharing your information with first time MSC cruisers like myself. We are booked on the Divina in January in Cabin 9085. From deck plans, it looks to be a huge balcony. Any other info or pictures from the expert.

Thanks in advance

Pete,

You are a wealth of information on MSC Cabins, thank you so much for sharing your information with first time MSC cruisers like myself. We are booked on the Divina in January in Cabin 9085. From deck plans, it looks to be a huge balcony. Any other info or pictures from the expert.

Thanks in advance

It is 192 sq ft (living area 168; bathroom 24) and the balcony is 124 sq ft

Here is an image of what to expect from your balcony

It does of course only have a 90 degree field of view backwards along the ship

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Here is an image of what to expect from your balcony

It does of course only have a 90 degree field of view backwards along the ship

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

Pete

Thank you!

All of the information has been amazing, Pete! Do you have any thoughts on Divina 11139?

Nice position midships, decent views forward and aft although slightly less than a full 180 degrees but absolutely nothing to worry about

Will be affected occassionally by the shadow of deck 14 but only when the sun is really high.

It is connected to 11135 so may be affected by a some noise from there.

Cabins above , below , both sides and opposite so no "white space" to worrry about.

I'd have no worries about staying in that cabin but would prefer not to have it connected. I have been in connected cabins and not had any significant noise problems.

Pete

PS a standard 192 sq ft cabin (168 living area ; 24 bathroom) with 42 sq ft balcony

Edited by Skier52

Nice position midships, decent views forward and aft although slightly less than a full 180 degrees but absolutely nothing to worry about

Will be affected occassionally by the shadow of deck 14 but only when the sun is really high.

It is connected to 11135 so may be affected by a some noise from there.

Cabins above , below , both sides and opposite so no "white space" to worrry about.

I'd have no worries about staying in that cabin but would prefer not to have it connected. I have been in connected cabins and not had any significant noise problems.

Pete

PS a standard 192 sq ft cabin (168 living area ; 24 bathroom) with 42 sq ft balcony

Much appreciated Pete! Paid for a Bella interior and the upgrade fairy was very generous! :D:D

I've got a cabin request also, we are sailing out on the llirica cabin 10095 if you could dig up a pic that would be great!!

Couldn't find much info on this ship, found a deck plan but not sure if this is a good spot or a noisey one. As i've found some noise complaints in my searching.

Thanks