Hi ladies!

The 2015 Brides! thread was so helpful (I read the whole thing the day after my engagement) and so successful that now that I am booked for a 2016 wedding, I thought I would start a new thread for our year! Anyone booked in 2016 yet?

I am officially getting married on the Carnival Sensation on March 24, 2016! We booked the cabin and the Time to Celebrate Big package last night and thanks to the 2015 ladies, secured the DJ so that I will know my reception is in the Kaleidoscope nightclub.

Cheers to the 2016 brides! The next year should be a lot of fun getting everything planned. I can't wait to meet you all!

Yay! Im so excited!! We have not booked yet, pending a few money matters looking to book within a few weeks..probably Norwegian Breakaway Spring 2016!!! How is the planning coming along???

Hello! We are booked on the Carnival Dream for February 14. We booked the luncheon. We were tossed between that and Time to Celebrate Big. My fiance thought it would be better to do this based on our guests and their ages. I'm excited, but also this is my second marriage.

I'm not sure yet how I feel about The Wedding Experience. I feel that they have already tried to talk me out of some things I want to do, such as centerpieces. I know what I want specifically. I'm waiting on a price quote now. I don't want to bring a bunch on the ship. Just simple elegance.

Hi ladies!

The 2015 Brides! thread was so helpful (I read the whole thing the day after my engagement) and so successful that now that I am booked for a 2016 wedding, I thought I would start a new thread for our year! Anyone booked in 2016 yet?

I am officially getting married on the Carnival Sensation on March 24, 2016! We booked the cabin and the Time to Celebrate Big package last night and thanks to the 2015 ladies, secured the DJ so that I will know my reception is in the Kaleidoscope nightclub.

Cheers to the 2016 brides! The next year should be a lot of fun getting everything planned. I can't wait to meet you all!

Congrats on your booking!! I should be booking mine within the next week or so and I will let you know what we decide! How many guests are you having? And what are you bringing with you for the ceremony/reception that you aren't doing through Carnival?

Congrats on your booking!! I should be booking mine within the next week or so and I will let you know what we decide! How many guests are you having? And what are you bringing with you for the ceremony/reception that you aren't doing through Carnival?

For right now, we invited 35 parties to sail with us. Based on who books the cruise with us will determine if we expand the guest list. We are holding the "non-sailing" info to ourselves and plan on using that option for family.

We were surprised that within a few hours of announcing the official trip details, we had 6 cabins (14 guests) booked.

I am pretty much thinking that I will bring a little ribbon for the cake and a family friend will be making my bouquet and my flower girl bouquet. My MOH will take the hand tied one that comes with the package. I am thinking that is about it. I thought a lot about what I remembered about weddings I attended and really can't remember details...just the fun times we had. I am putting my money into food and the DJ and using the ship as my decorations.

Congrats again ladies. I don't plan on using the provided bouquet either. I want to have them use the roses for our rose ceremony. I plan on having a brooch bouquet for myself and bridesmaids at this point.

Hi all,

I booked my cruise and sent save the dates to 45 family members and friends for a wedding aboard Norwegian Escape April 2016. Escape is a new ship so very little information is available and they are not accepting wedding bookings until the ship sails in October 2015. I would like to have a symbolic ceremony at sea with all my guests, hire a photographer for an hour and a dinner at one of the speciality restaurants to follow.

Anyone else booked for a wedding on a Norwegian ship?

Congrats to all the brides of 2016!

I am excited for you guys now!!! But I'm also very sad because a 2016 board means we are all getting close to our weddings and it feels like it's been forever since I started the 2015 Brides. So it's a happy thing and a sad thing LOL Good luck in the planning!

Hi Ladies!

We are booked on the NCL Spirit for April 23, 2016. We will be getting married while in port since the majority of our guests will not be sailing with us. We met on the Spirit TA back in 2012 so it was a no-brainer to get married on her and take the TA as our honeymoon. 447 days to go :D

Lori

We are booked for April 30, 2016!! I'm like a giddy little school girl! I'm super excited and since Carnival handles most everything now I'm worried I'll run out of things to keep me busy until then ;-)

Woo hoo! Looks like a lot of April Brides!! We are just a month earlier on the Carnival Sensation on March 24, 2016!!

Some things that I learned:

• We can have different flavors for each cake tier.
  • There are 3 menus to choose from for the Time to Celebrate...Big - one is vegan
  • We can do a signature cocktail - just need to send the color/flavor

I also got some info from TWE and an thinking about more flowers. Corsages/boutonnieres for parents and best man as well as a bouquet for my MOH.

Diana, did you see that the Galveston ships are re-positioning? Will this change things?

The ship we booked is part of the re-positioning (I think?). I think she (Freedom) is currently sailing out of FL but she will going out of Galveston. Did you see an article on it? I'm just wondering if there is any info I may have missed?

Kelly... how soon after you booked did you hear from TWE. My coordinator has yet to call me. I got a ton of information and forms sent to me via 2 separate emails but I haven't heard from anyone.

A couple things... the form I got for the cake didn't mention having different flavored tiers... did you ask specifically about that? And also... I'm assuming you had to ask for the additional menus? The one that was sent to me was very short.

I looked at the flower options and sadly wasn't very impressed. Their prices seemed high and they didn't have a lot of options so I'm thinking of making silk arrangements myself and taking them with me. I figured I could play around with some and see how they turn out. I want to make one for each of the columns and a bouquet for myself but I haven't thought of any other flowers that I might want yet.

Oh yes... and thanks to pinterest and my imagination I'm now thinking of doing OOT bags which may be pricey once I have all of the things I want for them. What is everyone's opinion on the bags? A nice gesture? Will people use them? Wasted money?

Hi!! I was originally booked for 12/31/15, but due to scheduling issues we moved the date to 4/7/16 on the Carnival Victory (celebrate big package)!! I am very excited!! Congrats to all you other 2016 brides!

I have a few questions that maybe someone will know:

- does anyone know what the bridal bouquet looks like that comes with the wedding package? I've been trying to find pictures on here, but they all look like upgrades.

- so I know you can do a signature cocktail.. would that be considered an upgrade? If so, does anyone know the price??

Kelly... how soon after you booked did you hear from TWE. My coordinator has yet to call me. I got a ton of information and forms sent to me via 2 separate emails but I haven't heard from anyone.

I looked at the flower options and sadly wasn't very impressed. Their prices seemed high and they didn't have a lot of options so I'm thinking of making silk arrangements myself and taking them with me. I figured I could play around with some and see how they turn out. I want to make one for each of the columns and a bouquet for myself but I haven't thought of any other flowers that I might want yet.

Oh yes... and thanks to pinterest and my imagination I'm now thinking of doing OOT bags which may be pricey once I have all of the things I want for them. What is everyone's opinion on the bags? A nice gesture? Will people use them? Wasted money?

I booked over a month ago and have not received a call. I did get some emails. There are other flower options if you want fresh flowers. Your contact through TWE can get a price quote for you if you have samples of what you want. If you decide to make some arrangements just remember that you have to get them on and off the ship.

At this point I am not doing OOT bags like those I've been seeing. Depending on how things go, I want to design shirts for those who go on the cruise. My aunt owns a shirt company so I would get a great deal. I might do a little snack bag with local treats for anyone who stays in the hotel the night before.

Hi!! I was originally booked for 12/31/15, but due to scheduling issues we moved the date to 4/7/16 on the Carnival Victory (celebrate big package)!! I am very excited!! Congrats to all you other 2016 brides!

I have a few questions that maybe someone will know:

- does anyone know what the bridal bouquet looks like that comes with the wedding package? I've been trying to find pictures on here, but they all look like upgrades.

- so I know you can do a signature cocktail.. would that be considered an upgrade? If so, does anyone know the price??

The signature drink is included in your package. You need to tell them that you would like to include it to your guests and ask them to send you a list of your options.

I attached a picture of the bouquet that comes with the package that was sent to me by Carnival.

2134234408_8rosebouquethandtiedwithgreeneryandlimonium.jpg.72757d5255b5ef35ca4fec777eadbb6e.jpg

A couple things... the form I got for the cake didn't mention having different flavored tiers... did you ask specifically about that? And also... I'm assuming you had to ask for the additional menus? The one that was sent to me was very short.

I got an email from TWE last week and then a call to follow up the next day. We booked on January 23 so it was about 3 weeks. I pretty much didn't have anything to talk to them about so I told her that I would call her back in a few months.

I asked Elizabeth (my coordinator with Carnival) about the cake tiers and menus and she sent me the menus and confirmed the cake tiers. TWE posted some pics on their Facebook page of some decent looking silks a few days ago. I haven't really checked into pricing yet but got a price list from them for their fresh arrangements. Again, still too far out to make those decisions. :)

I was thinking t-shirts rolled tightly into plastic Tervis-like cups. I learned to bring my own cups on cruises years ago and think that my guests would like that as a gift since most are Floridians and regular cruisers so they know what to pack.

I thoroughly enjoy reading the 2015 thread and I expect that the same will go for this one as well since I'm not getting married til 2017. Who knows, by then, maybe I'll be the one creating that thread. :D

Anyway, looking forward to reading about all of the 2016 Brides progress as time goes on.

We are changing from the Let Us Serve You luncheon to Time to Celebrate Big. The main reason for the change is the cost involved in being able to have the space look the way that I would like it to. The vendor is now only offering one type of small rose centerpiece at $100 each. They have also increased the price of floral upgrades. I received that new list yesterday. Adding up the costs of guests between the two packages saves us $450 between them. I won't have to put out extras for menu cards and the like for the tables and the other item's I was planning on bringing to dress the tables.

I love to host dinner parties at home, so I already knew I would want a specific look. I don't want to worry about lugging a bunch of items on board, which is why I wanted to use the vendor. So now we will just switch gears and plan a less formal event. I'm fine with that. This is my second marriage and I want this wedding to be stress free!

We are getting married Oct 15th, 2016, but not on the cruise. The cruise will be our honeymoon. We are in Maryland and really want to sail on the Carnival Breeze, so to have family and friends attend the wedding, we decided to do it a week before.

I am forgetting if anyone is sailing from Port Canaveral in the "Class of 2016". I think I am going to make a trip over there to look for hotel options and welcome dinner venues within the next month. If anyone wants me to check anything out, in particular, let me know!

I got an email from TWE last week and then a call to follow up the next day. We booked on January 23 so it was about 3 weeks. I pretty much didn't have anything to talk to them about so I told her that I would call her back in a few months.

I asked Elizabeth (my coordinator with Carnival) about the cake tiers and menus and she sent me the menus and confirmed the cake tiers. TWE posted some pics on their Facebook page of some decent looking silks a few days ago. I haven't really checked into pricing yet but got a price list from them for their fresh arrangements. Again, still too far out to make those decisions. :)

I was thinking t-shirts rolled tightly into plastic Tervis-like cups. I learned to bring my own cups on cruises years ago and think that my guests would like that as a gift since most are Floridians and regular cruisers so they know what to pack.

Ok... now I HAVE to find the TWE facebook page! I didn't know that existed.

I was also thinking of provided personalized cups for our guests. Most of them have not sailed before and like you, I found that having my own cup was a must on any cruise.

Excited to see this thread started! I too am a 2016 bride and we are wanting to sail Carnival.

We are waiting for the rest of 2016 itineraries to be released so we can decide on the sailing. We are going to do our wedding ceremony in one of the ports and have our reception afterwards onboard. BTW, what does TWE stand for and what is the Facebook page to look up?

I see someone has already sent out their Save-the-Dates. I know sending out the Save-the-Dates should be sooner than a traditional wedding: but is there such a thing as too soon? THANKS

Excited to see this thread started! I too am a 2016 bride and we are wanting to sail Carnival.

We are waiting for the rest of 2016 itineraries to be released so we can decide on the sailing. We are going to do our wedding ceremony in one of the ports and have our reception afterwards onboard. BTW, what does TWE stand for and what is the Facebook page to look up?

I see someone has already sent out their Save-the-Dates. I know sending out the Save-the-Dates should be sooner than a traditional wedding: but is there such a thing as too soon? THANKS

I have seen so much re-positioning lately and know some news is coming soon regarding Port Canaveral. Hopefully my ship, Sensation, will remain there but in all reality, whichever ship takes us will be fine with me.

TWE stands for The Wedding Experience. They are the 3rd party vendors that handle the coordination of the weddings for Carnival and a LOT of other lines. Their FB page is The Wedding Experience.

As soon as we got engaged, we started to get questions about our date. It was no secret that I have wanted to do a wedding on a ship. Once my fiance and I made the decision and chose our date, even more questions started to come in. We made a Facebook group to direct people to our Website 13 months prior to the wedding. My Aunt just adores the fact that I am such a "modern bride". To be honest, that group has had more activity than the site has. We haven't sent an official save the date but since the original eager guest bookings have been made, we are now sending a "save the date in May (10 months out) to encourage more bookings. Our plan is to follow up with official invites in September (6 moths out). That way we sent 3 notifications, 3 months apart.

Booked on on the Coral Princess July 16-23rd, Southbound Alaska. We want to get married at the shrine of st. therese in juneau, so we're still figuring out if we need/want to go with the princess Tie The Knot wedding planners.

We ordered our save the dates. I'm just waiting for them to come in. I booked my makeup/hair artist today. I'm giving my bridesmaids the option of if they want to use her or do their own. I've used her before so I know her work.

When are you ladies going to start shopping for your gowns?

Hi I'm getting married Feb 12. I already put a deposit on my dress and actually sent out invitations about a week ago. I figure it wouldn't hurt to provide people with details so they will have time to save and know the deadlines. And I'll send reminders as we get closer. I haven't even started really looking for people to do hair and makeup, I guess I should get on that!

Hi!

I'm getting married May 8, 2016 on board the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda! It's round trip out of NJ, and we are getting married in port to allow for non sailing guests to come on board. We also plan on having a secondary reception when we get back from the cruise for those friends and family members who cannot make it.

I've put the $ down on the date. Just started talking it up with my friends and family in the last week and a half, and I've already got 28 cabins on deposit! So very exciting, and looking forward to planning along with all of you over the course of the next year. :)

I'm going to work on doing save the dates so that I can get them ordered and sent out. I already know that my hairdresser is going to do my hair and makeup. I've just contracted a friend who is a photographer to do photos above and beyond the ships photography in exchange for me paying for part of her cruise.

This is really happening!

Future Brides! i dont know where to start! I just got engaged on Sunday! But we already discussed doing the cruise wedding with Carnival next April! Do I call TWE first? or carnival or what? does TWE cost to use their services or they get commission?

TIA!:)

Future Brides! i dont know where to start! I just got engaged on Sunday! But we already discussed doing the cruise wedding with Carnival next April! Do I call TWE first? or carnival or what? does TWE cost to use their services or they get commission?

TIA!:)

OK. First of all, pick what cruise you are interested in. Your second step is to call Carnival Weddings - see their brochure for the number. Once you can see that your date is available, they will hold it for you while you call your PVP and book your cruise reservation and make a deposit. Once the cruise is booked - they will transfer you to the Wedding department and you can secure your wedding. You must pay for the whole wedding at this point.

TWE is the on site coordinator and they do some upcharges. You don't need to give them a penny if you don't want to upgrade anything. You also have plenty of time!! About 2 weeks after you are booked, you will get info from TWE.

If you need a PVP (Personal Vacation Planner) - let me know! Mine is awesome!!

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We ordered our save the dates. I'm just waiting for them to come in. I booked my makeup/hair artist today. I'm giving my bridesmaids the option of if they want to use her or do their own. I've used her before so I know her work.

When are you ladies going to start shopping for your gowns?

I just bought my gown!! It is so perfect. It comes in June - 9 months before my wedding. Hahahaha. I now need to focus on Save the dates (we already told everyone but want to make it official) and then invites...I can't decide!! I mean WE. Hahahahaha...we can't decide.

I* can tell you I didn't not hear from TWE at all other than an email asking for money to get my marriage license for me. Once I told them I was handling it myself that was the last I heard until I called them about a month before my wedding because I had seen another bride say she had sent her ceremony outline in. When I called them then they emailed me the outline. I called after I sent it back them to make sure they had it and to see if they needed anything else from me. I heard from the wedding department at Carnival about two weeks before my ceremony where we went over everything and verified my menu, cake, etc. Beyond that The only time they contacted me was if I contacted them first.

Well, I just sent in my paperwork to confirm my wedding date, August 7, 2016 on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas. I see most of you all have booked with Carnival. I'm reading away, because I really don't have a clue as to what I should do now. I am formulating a list of questions I should ask based on what I read here.

Well, I just sent in my paperwork to confirm my wedding date, August 7, 2016 on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas. I see most of you all have booked with Carnival. I'm reading away, because I really don't have a clue as to what I should do now. I am formulating a list of questions I should ask based on what I read here.

I booked with Celebrity, and I have a good friend who got married on the Oasis of the Seas in December of 2013.

My future hubby and I will be sailing on the Carnival Breeze for our wedding. We've booked the June 26, 2016 sailing out of Miami and will hold the ceremony at the first port in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We're having a mini reception (already included in the ceremony pkg) on the island, then a cocktail party back on the Breeze. So far, everything is coming together very well. We are in the process of sending out Save the Dates now.