2016 Brides!

I got an email from TWE last week and then a call to follow up the next day. We booked on January 23 so it was about 3 weeks. I pretty much didn't have anything to talk to them about so I told her that I would call her back in a few months.

I asked Elizabeth (my coordinator with Carnival) about the cake tiers and menus and she sent me the menus and confirmed the cake tiers. TWE posted some pics on their Facebook page of some decent looking silks a few days ago. I haven't really checked into pricing yet but got a price list from them for their fresh arrangements. Again, still too far out to make those decisions. :)

I was thinking t-shirts rolled tightly into plastic Tervis-like cups. I learned to bring my own cups on cruises years ago and think that my guests would like that as a gift since most are Floridians and regular cruisers so they know what to pack.

Ok... now I HAVE to find the TWE facebook page! I didn't know that existed.

I was also thinking of provided personalized cups for our guests. Most of them have not sailed before and like you, I found that having my own cup was a must on any cruise.

Excited to see this thread started! I too am a 2016 bride and we are wanting to sail Carnival.

We are waiting for the rest of 2016 itineraries to be released so we can decide on the sailing. We are going to do our wedding ceremony in one of the ports and have our reception afterwards onboard. BTW, what does TWE stand for and what is the Facebook page to look up?

I see someone has already sent out their Save-the-Dates. I know sending out the Save-the-Dates should be sooner than a traditional wedding: but is there such a thing as too soon? THANKS

Excited to see this thread started! I too am a 2016 bride and we are wanting to sail Carnival.

We are waiting for the rest of 2016 itineraries to be released so we can decide on the sailing. We are going to do our wedding ceremony in one of the ports and have our reception afterwards onboard. BTW, what does TWE stand for and what is the Facebook page to look up?

I see someone has already sent out their Save-the-Dates. I know sending out the Save-the-Dates should be sooner than a traditional wedding: but is there such a thing as too soon? THANKS

I have seen so much re-positioning lately and know some news is coming soon regarding Port Canaveral. Hopefully my ship, Sensation, will remain there but in all reality, whichever ship takes us will be fine with me.

TWE stands for The Wedding Experience. They are the 3rd party vendors that handle the coordination of the weddings for Carnival and a LOT of other lines. Their FB page is The Wedding Experience.

As soon as we got engaged, we started to get questions about our date. It was no secret that I have wanted to do a wedding on a ship. Once my fiance and I made the decision and chose our date, even more questions started to come in. We made a Facebook group to direct people to our Website 13 months prior to the wedding. My Aunt just adores the fact that I am such a "modern bride". To be honest, that group has had more activity than the site has. We haven't sent an official save the date but since the original eager guest bookings have been made, we are now sending a "save the date in May (10 months out) to encourage more bookings. Our plan is to follow up with official invites in September (6 moths out). That way we sent 3 notifications, 3 months apart.

• 2 weeks later...

We ordered our save the dates. I'm just waiting for them to come in. I booked my makeup/hair artist today. I'm giving my bridesmaids the option of if they want to use her or do their own. I've used her before so I know her work.

When are you ladies going to start shopping for your gowns?

Hi I'm getting married Feb 12. I already put a deposit on my dress and actually sent out invitations about a week ago. I figure it wouldn't hurt to provide people with details so they will have time to save and know the deadlines. And I'll send reminders as we get closer. I haven't even started really looking for people to do hair and makeup, I guess I should get on that!

Hi!

I'm getting married May 8, 2016 on board the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda! It's round trip out of NJ, and we are getting married in port to allow for non sailing guests to come on board. We also plan on having a secondary reception when we get back from the cruise for those friends and family members who cannot make it.

I've put the $ down on the date. Just started talking it up with my friends and family in the last week and a half, and I've already got 28 cabins on deposit! So very exciting, and looking forward to planning along with all of you over the course of the next year. :)

I'm going to work on doing save the dates so that I can get them ordered and sent out. I already know that my hairdresser is going to do my hair and makeup. I've just contracted a friend who is a photographer to do photos above and beyond the ships photography in exchange for me paying for part of her cruise.

This is really happening!

Future Brides! i dont know where to start! I just got engaged on Sunday! But we already discussed doing the cruise wedding with Carnival next April! Do I call TWE first? or carnival or what? does TWE cost to use their services or they get commission?

TIA!:)

Future Brides! i dont know where to start! I just got engaged on Sunday! But we already discussed doing the cruise wedding with Carnival next April! Do I call TWE first? or carnival or what? does TWE cost to use their services or they get commission?

TIA!:)

OK. First of all, pick what cruise you are interested in. Your second step is to call Carnival Weddings - see their brochure for the number. Once you can see that your date is available, they will hold it for you while you call your PVP and book your cruise reservation and make a deposit. Once the cruise is booked - they will transfer you to the Wedding department and you can secure your wedding. You must pay for the whole wedding at this point.

TWE is the on site coordinator and they do some upcharges. You don't need to give them a penny if you don't want to upgrade anything. You also have plenty of time!! About 2 weeks after you are booked, you will get info from TWE.

If you need a PVP (Personal Vacation Planner) - let me know! Mine is awesome!!

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We ordered our save the dates. I'm just waiting for them to come in. I booked my makeup/hair artist today. I'm giving my bridesmaids the option of if they want to use her or do their own. I've used her before so I know her work.

When are you ladies going to start shopping for your gowns?

I just bought my gown!! It is so perfect. It comes in June - 9 months before my wedding. Hahahaha. I now need to focus on Save the dates (we already told everyone but want to make it official) and then invites...I can't decide!! I mean WE. Hahahahaha...we can't decide.

Kelly... how soon after you booked did you hear from TWE. My coordinator has yet to call me. I got a ton of information and forms sent to me via 2 separate emails but I haven't heard from anyone.

A couple things... the form I got for the cake didn't mention having different flavored tiers... did you ask specifically about that? And also... I'm assuming you had to ask for the additional menus? The one that was sent to me was very short.

I* can tell you I didn't not hear from TWE at all other than an email asking for money to get my marriage license for me. Once I told them I was handling it myself that was the last I heard until I called them about a month before my wedding because I had seen another bride say she had sent her ceremony outline in. When I called them then they emailed me the outline. I called after I sent it back them to make sure they had it and to see if they needed anything else from me. I heard from the wedding department at Carnival about two weeks before my ceremony where we went over everything and verified my menu, cake, etc. Beyond that The only time they contacted me was if I contacted them first.

Well, I just sent in my paperwork to confirm my wedding date, August 7, 2016 on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas. I see most of you all have booked with Carnival. I'm reading away, because I really don't have a clue as to what I should do now. I am formulating a list of questions I should ask based on what I read here.

Well, I just sent in my paperwork to confirm my wedding date, August 7, 2016 on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas. I see most of you all have booked with Carnival. I'm reading away, because I really don't have a clue as to what I should do now. I am formulating a list of questions I should ask based on what I read here.

I booked with Celebrity, and I have a good friend who got married on the Oasis of the Seas in December of 2013.

My future hubby and I will be sailing on the Carnival Breeze for our wedding. We've booked the June 26, 2016 sailing out of Miami and will hold the ceremony at the first port in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We're having a mini reception (already included in the ceremony pkg) on the island, then a cocktail party back on the Breeze. So far, everything is coming together very well. We are in the process of sending out Save the Dates now.

I have now booked my cruise and paid for the wedding! April 3, 2016 on Carnival Magic. Just received the email with all the paperwork, however they said the contract was included in the email, yet i didn't see it in the 13 attachments. Engagement pictures will be taken soon to get save the dates out earlier than normal.

Edited by beb08

So we were moving right along with planning and picking out things we need and getting ready to print Save the Dates when...we hit our first bump in the road.

The ship we booked, the Carnival Sensation, is being moved to Miami a month before our wedding. The Carnival Victory is being moved to Port Canaveral and will be our ship. The good news is that the Victory happens to be a newer ship. It is also larger and has more amenities. The bad news is that our cabin class is not available on the Victory and we were actually downgraded. Say what?!?!?! Also, the sailing is now more expensive so the 75% of our guests that haven't booked yet will now be paying higher rates.

After several phone calls where I had to remind Carnival who they were speaking with and how much business I am bringing them, they offered me a reduced rate on my cabin. All I was asking for was the rate of the room I was receiving on the day I was booked. $100 difference. That's all but it is the principle of it. Can you believe they actually tried to not give me a lower rate for a lower class of room? Then they tried to offer me a bottle of wine. I don't think so!

Long story short, I finally got a hold of someone with common sense and we are now over that bump. My Aunt actually ended up getting an upgraded cabin and they offered her a bottle of wine, too.

Anyhow, moving right along, we are still looking at Save the Dates. I feel like I am getting behind even though we are getting married in March. However; last week I sold my house and next week I am graduating from college. Phew! This is certainly a year of change!

How is everyone else doing?

My fiance and I are looking into Carnival for our wedding in May 2016. We have picked our destination and sailing out and are just trying to get more information on the pricing before booking. We would like to go with the Island Breeze package on Grand Turk but I just realized that it doesn't mention anywhere that chairs will be provided for our guests. Then I saw that it mentioned in the fine print that each guest is an additional cost. Does anyone know if chairs are provided and what the cost per guest is for the Island Breeze package? I'm planning to call again tomorrow, but just wanted to see if anyone on here had any additional information. So far this thread has been incredibly valuable. Thanks!

Im wondering if anyone has made or is considering making a listof ideas for the photographer? I have seen so many cute options on pinterest and from other brides reviews. Do you know if we have any contact with the photographer before hand to email a list or is that insulting and annoying you think??

Also I'm trying to think of the best time to send out actual invitations. We are getting married April 24th 2016, I have already sent out save the dates but I'm finding that a lot of our relatives really need something in writing to really grasp the concept

What did you guys do for these? / Are going to do for these?

I am thinking of just sending out invitations only, so that way i can include the directions and specifics

Anyone recommend a website/Shop to do the invitations, boarding pass style?

What did you guys do for these? / Are going to do for these?

I am thinking of just sending out invitations only, so that way i can include the directions and specifics

Anyone recommend a website/Shop to do the invitations, boarding pass style?

I would recommend https://weddingpassports.com/ for the boarding pass invites. They can design them for you and get them printed or you can design them and upload the files and they will print them. They are great to work with and super helpful!