Activity Managers onboard Royal Ships

Updated  5/14/19  ---

My hope is to put update this thread every few days or at least once week.  To do that, I need cruisers (or others that somehow have 'insider information') to let me know who they come across on sailings.  HAPPY CRUISING!

What Activity Manager have you come across?  Post the name, ship and sailing date to help keep this thread as accurate as possible.

****Adventure OTS – Cian MacCormaic  (pronounced Key-in) is on board as per as cruiser on the sailing during the week of 3/14.  Keyan is from Ireland, and has been reported as ‘very entertaining’.

****Allure OTS – Flavio Maeda has returned from vacation and will be onboard until sometime in July.

****Anthem OTS –  Hanaha (unknown last name) came on board 1/6/19,  not sure if 2 or 4 month contract.

****Brilliance OTS – TT  has been reported as onboard on the completed sailing 4/20/19 and still onboard for the May 4 – 19  transatlantic sailing.   No information on when he started to guess how long he might be onboard. 

****Empress OTS –Eric Lopez has been spotted doing the morning show with Elvis the CD.

****Enchantment OTS – Mosese Vatuloka was onboard as of mid January 2019 sailing, based on a cruisers report to me.

****Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova is onboard from information by a cruiser who sailed on Explorer in early March 2019.

****Freedom OTS – Jerry Kubli is currently onboard.  No timeline for contract period.

****Grandeur OTS – Katrina Blair  has returned on 2/23  for a 4 month contract until  6/13.  June 13 she starts vacation and returns on 8/13 until 11/30.  Do not know who will fill in  from 6/13 until 8/13 when she is on vacation.

*****Harmony – Daniel Dornas is onboard.  No timeline for contract period.

****Independence OTS – Allison Hasler  from the UK  is onboard until June when she goes on vacation and Daniel Edwards takes over….don’t know exact date of handover.

*****Jewel OTS – Luana from Brazil will be onboard until 3/29, then Marvin Wilson (aka Marvelous Marvin) will be taking over.  Luana returns on 5/17.

*****Liberty OTS –   Kim is now on Liberty, unsure of start date…

****Majesty OTS – Mauricio Diaz is confirmed to be onboard.  I hope a current cruiser might be able to ask him how long his contract is for.  That would be helpful.

*****Mariner OTS –  Alex Paul signed on to the ship on 3/25/19 for a 4 month contract.

*****Navigator OTS –  Daniel Edwards is onboard. Probably started with the relaunch after drydock.  He is scheduled to move to Independence in June….but we will see what happens then.

*****Oasis OTS –  Nick has taken over for Tresha Robb who might be on vacation currently. 

***** Ovation – Angelle took over from Christopher Turdo on 5/13 when Chris left for vacation.

*****Quantum – Who is currently onboard.

*****Radiance OTS –  Emma from the UK (unknown last name) has been spotted in Early February 2019.  No information on when she started….just that she and her CD Cuddy worked well together.

**** Rhapsody OTS – Gemma Frances was onboard the sailing that completed on 3/2/19.  No information on when started or for how long.

**** Serenade OTS – Elizabeth Hackett was on the March 25th sailing. She may have arrived in mid February, and could be on a 4 month contract until June.  Looking for more info from cruisers on this.

**** Symphony OTS – Katy McCullagh  returned on 2/23 for a 4 month contract.

***** Vision OTS – Palo has been identified as onboard, unsure when his contract began.

*****Voyager OTS – Troy Zhang is onboard until May 3, when  Kitty takes over and Troy goes on vacation.

Updated  5/17/19  ---

My hope is to put update this thread every few days or at least once week.  To do that, I need cruisers (or others that somehow have 'insider information') to let me know who they come across on sailings.  HAPPY CRUISING!

What Activity Manager have you come across?  Post the name, ship and sailing date to help keep this thread as accurate as possible.

****Adventure OTS – Cian MacCormaic  (pronounced Key-in) is on board as per as cruiser on the sailing during the week of 3/14.  Keyan is from Ireland, and has been reported as ‘very entertaining’.

****Allure OTS – Flavio Maeda has returned from vacation and will be onboard until sometime in July.

****Anthem OTS –  Hanaha (unknown last name) came on board 1/6/19,  not sure if 2 or 4 month contract.

****Brilliance OTS – TT  has been reported as onboard on the completed sailing 4/20/19 and still onboard for the May 4 – 19  transatlantic sailing.   No information on when he started to guess how long he might be onboard. 

****Empress OTS –Eric Lopez has been spotted doing the morning show with Elvis the CD.

****Enchantment OTS – Mosese Vatuloka was onboard as of mid January 2019 sailing, based on a cruisers report to me.

****Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova is onboard from information by a cruiser who sailed on Explorer in early March 2019.

****Freedom OTS – Jerry Kubli is currently onboard.  No timeline for contract period.

****Grandeur OTS – Katrina Blair  has returned on 2/23  for a 4 month contract until  6/13.  June 13 she starts vacation and returns on 8/13 until 11/30.  Do not know who will fill in  from 6/13 until 8/13 when she is on vacation.

*****Harmony – Daniel Dornas will be heading to vacation on Sunday 5/19 when Mosese Vatuloka is taking over.  Then on July 21, Chris Turdo takes over from Mosese.

****Independence OTS – Allison Hasler  from the UK  is onboard until June when she goes on vacation and Daniel Edwards takes over….don’t know exact date of handover.

*****Jewel OTS – Luana from Brazil will be onboard until 3/29, then Marvin Wilson (aka Marvelous Marvin) will be taking over.  Luana returns on 5/17.

****Majesty OTS – Mauricio Diaz is confirmed to be onboard.  I hope a current cruiser might be able to ask him how long his contract is for.  That would be helpful.

*****Mariner OTS –  Alex Paul signed on to the ship on 3/25/19 for a 4 month contract.

*****Navigator OTS –  Daniel Edwards is onboard. Probably started with the relaunch after drydock.  He is scheduled to move to Independence in June….but we will see what happens then.

*****Oasis OTS –  Nick has taken over for Tresha Robb who might be on vacation currently. 

***** Ovation – Angelle took over from Christopher Turdo on 5/13 when Chris left for vacation.

*****Radiance OTS –  Emma from the UK (unknown last name) has been spotted in Early February 2019.  No information on when she started….just that she and her CD Cuddy worked well together.

**** Rhapsody OTS – Gemma Frances was onboard the sailing that completed on 3/2/19.  No information on when started or for how long.

**** Serenade OTS – Elizabeth Hackett was on the March 25th sailing. She may have arrived in mid February, and could be on a 4 month contract until June.  Looking for more info from cruisers on this.

***** Vision OTS – Palo has been identified as onboard, unsure when his contract began.

*****Voyager OTS – Troy Zhang is onboard until May 3, when  Kitty takes over and Troy goes on vacation.

Updated  5/24/19  ---

****Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova is onboard from information by a cruiser who sailed on Explorer in early March 2019 and should be onboard until mid June.

*****Harmony – Daniel Dornas is onboard but he will be heading to vacation on Sunday 5/19 when Mosese Vatuloka is taking over.  Then on July 21, Chris Turdo takes over from Mosese.

**** Serenade OTS – Elizabeth Hackett was on the March 25th sailing. She may have arrived in mid February, and could be on a 4 month contract until June.  I do know she is still onboard as of 5/18.

*****Voyager OTS – Kitty should have taken over on May 3, 2019…..looking for confirmation on this, please.

Edited by Paulette3028

Updated  5/26/19  ---

****Anthem OTS –  Tresha Robb has posted that she is onboard.  I am trying to find out more on this.

****Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova is onboard from information by a cruiser who sailed on Explorer in early March 2019 and should be onboard until mid June.

*****Harmony – Daniel Dornas is onboard but he will be heading to vacation on Sunday 5/19 when Mosese Vatuloka is taking over.  Then on July 21, Chris Turdo takes over from Mosese.

**** Serenade OTS – Elizabeth Hackett was on the March 25th sailing. She may have arrived in mid February, and could be on a 4 month contract until June.  I do know she is still onboard as of 5/18.

*****Voyager OTS – Kitty should have taken over on May 3, 2019…..looking for confirmation on this, please.

Updated  5/26/19  ---  (updated)

****Adventure OTS – Kelly Leuch, her first assignment as AM.   She was GREAT said a cruiser on board with her….how terrific!

****Anthem OTS –  Tresha Robb has posted that she is onboard.  I am trying to find out more on this.

*****Harmony – Mosese Vatuloka is onboard since May 19.  Then on July 21, Chris Turdo takes over from Mosese.

*****Oasis OTS –  Nick is onboard and probably took over mid March.

4 minutes ago, Slainte! said:

Paulette

Katie Turner will be doing a 'fill in' on Indy from mid June.

Daniel Edward will be going to Indy next.

Cheers!

Just a little confusion here: Two people can't be going to Indy, when Allison Hasler is scheduled to start her vacation in June and leaving Indy at that time.  From what Daniel Edwards told me he was scheduled to leave Navigator at that time and head to Indy then, but that would mean Katie Turner won't be on Indy at that time.

3 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Just a little confusion here: Two people can't be going to Indy, when Allison Hasler is scheduled to start her vacation in June and leaving Indy at that time.  From what Daniel Edwards told me he was scheduled to leave Navigator at that time and head to Indy then, but that would mean Katie Turner won't be on Indy at that time.

The post was edited to say that Daniel is going to EX. Also, Daniel left Navigator for vacation in April.

Updated  5/28/19  ---

****Adventure OTS – Kelly Leuch, her first assignment as AM.   She was GREAT said a cruiser on board with her….how terrific!

****Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova is onboard from information by a cruiser who sailed on Explorer in early March 2019. Based on what people have uncovered Daniel Edwards will be taking over in June.

*****Harmony – Mosese Vatuloka is onboard since May 19.  Then on July 21, Chris Turdo takes over from Mosese.

****Independence OTS – Allison Hasler  from the UK  is onboard until June when she goes on vacation and it looks like Katie Turner will be taking over in mid June.

*****Navigator OTS –  Looking to find out who is onboard now?

I have tried to keep this thread as up to date as possible.  It is my belief that the Entertainment Staff headed by the Cruise Director and their immediate assistant the Activity Manager have a great impact on my personal enjoyment of a cruise.  Different CD's put different activities on the schedule and both CD and AM and their personalities can make for different experiences on board.

I wouldn't avoid a cruise, just because of the staff assignments, but if the CD and AM onboard an upcoming cruise is one that I have enjoyed in the past, it would make looking forward to that cruise even nice. 

To keep this thread as up-to-date as possible, it takes input from cruisers on the various ships in the Royal fleet.  When you are on a Royal ship, find out the name of the Activity Manager (not all of them use their last names anymore) and where they are from.  It would be helpful to know when they started the contract they are on and for how long the current contract runs.  Make it a pleasant conversation, not an interview.  It is fun for me to learn from them, why they do what they do, and what makes it FUN for them and HOW they got started in their career....most of them love talking about what they do. 

Your help is appreciated!!!!

1 hour ago, scottj789 said:

Currently finishing up on Enchantment and Saini has been our Activity Manager 

Just trying to be sure I understand your post....your sailing on Enchantment is coming to an end.....or are you saying that Saini is also leaving the ship at the end of the cruise you are on? 

Am I the only one who does not go on a ship because of the CD or MD or whatever you call the person who does the announcements and introductions at shows.  I am amazed at how many people are so into who is on the ship.  I know, it is me and I am the one who does not really care who does all that.  So, do not be mean to me, just know that I go for the ship not whoever is on it.

3 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Am I the only one who does not go on a ship because of the CD or MD or whatever you call the person who does the announcements and introductions at shows.  I am amazed at how many people are so into who is on the ship.  I know, it is me and I am the one who does not really care who does all that.  So, do not be mean to me, just know that I go for the ship not whoever is on it.

Did you need to announce this? I'm totally cool if that's your opinion, but the way you said this comes across as unintentionally disrespectful to the people that help give info/update the list. If you aren't interested, then there is no point reading the thread or commenting on it.

Edited by CruisingJoe09
  • Like 1

Updated  5/31/19  ---

****Enchantment OTS – Saini has been onboard, but could be completing a contract and departing the ship. Who is currently onboard?  Gemma Frances will report to EN after the completion of her vacation at the end of July.

****Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova is onboard from information by a cruiser who sailed on Explorer in early March 2019. Based on what people have uncovered Daniel Edwards will be taking over in June.

****Independence OTS – Allison Hasler  from the UK  is onboard until June when she goes on vacation and it looks like Katie Turner will be taking over in mid June.

**** Rhapsody OTS – Gemma Frances left Rhapsody on 5/25 for vacation.  Who replaced her?

**** Serenade OTS – Elizabeth Hackett was on the March 25th sailing. She may have arrived in mid February, and could be on a 4 month contract until June.  I do know she is still onboard as of 5/30.

CruisingJoe---I was not trying to be disrespectful but hoped for some insight.  Did you chastise the people who talked about the P's or make comments about the people who spend money on suites with genies, or the ones who thought the Key was a good idea?  I always see people giving their opinions and this was my opinion.  I contributed to the thread about which genie was on what ship but they are hard to keep up with and I will take any genie.  The first 2 genie's we had on Oasis were on different ships when we went back on Oasis so we enjoyed who we were assigned to.  Again, I do not care if people are interested in who the CD is on a particular ship, it is just not a concern of mine. 

4 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

CruisingJoe---I was not trying to be disrespectful but hoped for some insight.  Did you chastise the people who talked about the P's or make comments about the people who spend money on suites with genies, or the ones who thought the Key was a good idea?  I always see people giving their opinions and this was my opinion.  I contributed to the thread about which genie was on what ship but they are hard to keep up with and I will take any genie.  The first 2 genie's we had on Oasis were on different ships when we went back on Oasis so we enjoyed who we were assigned to.  Again, I do not care if people are interested in who the CD is on a particular ship, it is just not a concern of mine. 

As the OP of this thread let me share my feelings (some already posted in #1590) that "It is my belief that the Entertainment Staff (ES) headed by the Cruise Director and their immediate assistant the Activity Manager have a great impact on my personal enjoyment of a cruise. "  Let me also say and this is MY OPINION (not expecting it to be that of others) that the Entertainment Staff is like a group of 'camp counselors' providing activities for cruisers to participate in if the so want to do so.  If you were in camp as a child, they were required, but not so now.  Let me further add, that NO, I would NOT avoid a cruise because of the CD or AM onboard because timing, itinerary and many other criteria for choosing a particular cruise go into the decision.  However, knowing who is leading the ES could just have me looking forward to a cruise just a little bit more.  We have been fortunate to have some terrific CD's & AM's and when we know we are sailing with them again....it is like seeing 'old friends'....and the anticipation of another GREAT time.

You asked for some insight, I have given you mine.  

• Like 2

Updated  6/2/19  ---

****Enchantment OTS – Saini has been onboard, but could be completing a contract and departing the ship. Who is currently onboard?  Gemma Frances will report to EN after the completion of her vacation at the end of July.

**** Rhapsody OTS – Gemma Frances left Rhapsody on 5/25 for vacation.  Who replaced her?

**** Serenade OTS – Elizabeth Hackett was on the March 25th sailing. She may have arrived in mid February, and could be on a 4 month contract until June.  I do know she is still onboard as of 5/30.

On 5/30/2019 at 7:28 PM, lovescats5 said:

So why are you on this board??? 

I do care a lot who the wonderful energetic and enthusiastic members of the activity staff are; they can make or break the atmosphere on a ship! But again, if you don't care, don't read the messages on this board.

• Like 1