Activity Managers onboard Royal Ships

On 6/30/2019 at 6:47 AM, dolphingirl47 said:

The new activities manager on Explorer is called Katie according to the Compass. I will try to find out more over the next couple of days.

Corinna

It is unusual that they list the name of the Activity Manager in the Compass, usually the Compass only lists the Cruise Director.   Sometimes it will list the Morning Show "Hosted by Cruise Director and (guest name or Activity Manager)",   But I am happy you shared what you learned.

Updated  7/1/19  ---

My hope is to put update this thread every few days or at least once week.  To do that, I need cruisers (or others that somehow have 'insider information') to let me know who they come across on sailings.  HAPPY CRUISING!

What Activity Manager have you come across?  Post the name, ship and sailing date to help keep this thread as accurate as possible.

****Adventure OTS – Kelly Leuch, her first assignment as AM.   She was GREAT said a cruiser on board with her….how terrific!

****Allure OTS – Flavio Maeda will be onboard until  July 14 when Assata Young-Mayers takes over. 

****Anthem OTS –  Tresha Robb has posted that she is onboard.  I am trying to find out more on this.

****Brilliance OTS – TT  has been reported as onboard on the completed sailing 4/20/19 and still onboard for the May 4 – 19  transatlantic sailing.   No information on when he started to guess how long he might be onboard. 

****Empress OTS –Eric Lopez has been spotted doing the morning show with Elvis the CD.

****Enchantment OTS – Saini has been onboard, but could be completing a contract and departing the ship. Who is currently onboard?  Gemma Frances will report to EN after the completion of her vacation at the end of July.

****Explorer OTS – Katie (not sure if it is Katie Turner) took over on June 26.  We do not know if this is vacation coverage and Aysy will be returning in two months to Explorer.

****Freedom OTS – Jerry Kubli is currently onboard.  No timeline for contract period.

****Grandeur OTS – Mike Thompson took over from Katrina Blair on 6/13.  She is returning to Grandeur on 8/13 after her vacation.

*****Harmony – Mosese Vatuloka is onboard since May 19.  Then on July 21, Chris Turdo takes over from Mosese.

****Independence OTS – Katie Turner was due to take over from Allison Hasler when she went on vacation  in June.  A cruiser on Explorer has identified a Katie as joining the ship as the Activity Manager. Now it is unclear whether Katie Turner is on Indy or Explorer.  Alison Hasler is expected to return in August after vacation.  Looking to learn who is the AM on Indy.

*****Jewel OTS – Luana from Brazil  should have returned to Jewel in mid May.  Looking for confirmation.

*****Liberty OTS –   Kim is now on Liberty, unsure of start date…

****Majesty OTS –  Who has taken over from Mauricio Diaz who departed the ship on 6/15 for vacation. I have asked Mauricio if he is going to return to MJ when he returns from vacation.

*****Mariner OTS –  Alex Paul signed on to the ship on 3/25/19 for a 4 month contract.

*****Navigator OTS –  Looking to find out who is onboard now?

*****Oasis OTS –  Nick is onboard and probably took over mid March.

***** Ovation – Angelle took over from Christopher Turdo on 5/13 when Chris left for vacation.

*****Quantum – Who is currently onboard.

*****Radiance OTS –  Emma from the UK (unknown last name) has been spotted in Early February 2019.  No information on when she started….just that she and her CD Cuddy worked well together.

**** Rhapsody OTS – Gemma Frances left Rhapsody on 5/25 for vacation.  Who replaced her?

**** Serenade OTS – Elizabeth Hackett was on the March 25th sailing. She may have arrived in mid February, and could be on a 4 month contract until June.  I do know she is still onboard as of 5/30.

**** Symphony OTS – Katy McCullagh  returned on 2/23 for a 4 month contract.

***** Vision OTS – Palo has been identified as onboard, unsure when his contract began.

*****Voyager OTS – Kitty has been onboard since May 3, 2019.  We don’t know if it is a 2 or 4 month contract.

Katie Turner is definitely on Independence right now and doing a great job.

The crew have new silver name badges which now do not have their surname. 

Cheers!

Edited by Slainte!

12 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

It is unusual that they list the name of the Activity Manager in the Compass, usually the Compass only lists the Cruise Director.   Sometimes it will list the Morning Show "Hosted by Cruise Director and (guest name or Activity Manager)",   But I am happy you shared what you learned.

We do actually know her. She was a member of the cruise director’s staff on Ovation last year. So I definitely plan on having a proper chat with her before the cruise is over. It is just that so far we bumped into her by the gangway when everyone was rushing to get off the ship  at St. Petersburg and then again when they were about to start filming for the morning show.

Corinna

3 hours ago, Slainte! said:

Cheers!

She's been an AM for at least 10 years, I wonder if she just does not want to move to CD.

Updated  7/2/19  ---

My hope is to put update this thread every few days or at least once week.  To do that, I need cruisers (or others that somehow have 'insider information') to let me know who they come across on sailings.  HAPPY CRUISING!

What Activity Manager have you come across?  Post the name, ship and sailing date to help keep this thread as accurate as possible.

****Adventure OTS – Kelly Leuch, her first assignment as AM.   She was GREAT said a cruiser on board with her….how terrific!

****Allure OTS – Flavio Maeda will be onboard until  July 14 when Assata Young-Mayers takes over. 

****Anthem OTS –  Tresha Robb has posted that she is onboard.  I am trying to find out more on this.

****Brilliance OTS – TT  has been reported as onboard on the completed sailing 4/20/19 and still onboard for the May 4 – 19  transatlantic sailing.   No information on when he started to guess how long he might be onboard. 

****Empress OTS –Eric Lopez has been spotted doing the morning show with Elvis the CD.

****Enchantment OTS – Saini has been onboard, but could be completing a contract and departing the ship. Who is currently onboard?  Gemma Frances will report to EN after the completion of her vacation at the end of July.

****Explorer OTS – Katie (unknown last name, but not to be confused with Katie Turner) took over on June 26.  We do not know if this is vacation coverage and Aysy will be returning in two months to Explorer.

****Freedom OTS – Jerry Kubli is currently onboard.  No timeline for contract period.

****Grandeur OTS – Mike Thompson took over from Katrina Blair on 6/13.  She is returning to Grandeur on 8/13 after her vacation.

*****Harmony – Mosese Vatuloka is onboard since May 19.  Then on July 21, Chris Turdo takes over from Mosese.

****Independence OTS – Katie Turner has taken over to cover Allison Hasler’s vacation  in June.  Alison Hasler is expected to return in August. 

*****Jewel OTS – Luana from Brazil  should have returned to Jewel in mid May.  Looking for confirmation.

****Majesty OTS –  Who has taken over from Mauricio Diaz who departed the ship on 6/15 for vacation. I have asked Mauricio if he is going to return to MJ when he returns from vacation.

*****Mariner OTS –  Alex Paul signed on to the ship on 3/25/19 for a 4 month contract.

***** Ovation – Angelle took over from Christopher Turdo on 5/13 when Chris left for vacation.

*****Radiance OTS –  Emma from the UK (unknown last name) has been spotted in Early February 2019.  No information on when she started….just that she and her CD Cuddy worked well together.

**** Rhapsody OTS – Gemma Frances left Rhapsody on 5/25 for vacation.  Who replaced her?

**** Serenade OTS – Elizabeth Hackett was on the March 25th sailing. She may have arrived in mid February, and could be on a 4 month contract until June.  I do know she is still onboard as of 5/30.

**** Symphony OTS – Hannah has joined the ship late June when Katy McCullagh’s contract completed.  Unsure if Hannah is just covering for Katy’s vacation or if this is a 4 month contract.

***** Vision OTS – Palo has been identified as onboard, unsure when his contract began.

*****Voyager OTS – Kitty has been onboard since May 3, 2019.  We don’t know if it is a 2 or 4 month contract.

24 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I wonder if she was trying a different job.

Or maybe her 'personal' life needed some attention, that she could not give it from on board a ship.  Shiplife is a tough life.  It amazes me how these folks handle family and work....can't call it a 'work/life' balance.

2 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

Or maybe her 'personal' life needed some attention, that she could not give it from on board a ship.  Shiplife is a tough life.  It amazes me how these folks handle family and work....can't call it a 'work/life' balance.

Agree, it would be very difficult to have a family life being away for 6 months at a time.  Unless of course the family was also onboard.🙂

53 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

She had said to me in a tweet before that she was off on medical leave. Glad that she is well enough to return.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

5 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

She had said to me in a tweet before that she was off on medical leave. Glad that she is well enough to return.

Thanks for the update and good news.

1 minute ago, dolphingirl47 said:

Katie told me today that she will be on Explorer until the end of October. Still working on the family name. 

Corinna

If she is blonde and English, I believe the name is Turner.

1 hour ago, dolphingirl47 said:

Katie told me today that she will be on Explorer until the end of October. Still working on the family name. 

Corinna

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

If she is blonde and English, I believe the name is Turner.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:07 AM, Slainte! said:

Cheers!

I guess there 'could be' two Katie Turners.....but highly unlikely.    I just sent Katie Turner a private message via FB....hopefully she will answer me.  Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.  We will see.

1 hour ago, dolphingirl47 said:

She is blonde and English, but she is definitely not Katie Turner. I think she was promoted fairly recently.

Corinna

Thanks for the clarification.

Updated  7/5/19  ---

****Allure OTS – Flavio Maeda will be onboard until July 14 when Assata Young-Mayers takes over. 

****Explorer OTS – Katie (unknown last name, but not to be confused with Katie Turner) took over on June 26.  We do not know if this is vacation coverage and Aysy will be returning in two months to Explorer.

****Independence OTS – Katie Turner has taken over to cover Allison Hasler’s vacation  in June.  Alison Hasler is expected to return in August. 

**** Symphony OTS – Hannah has joined the ship late June. Hannah will be on the ship until Sept 21, when Flavio Maeda takes over when he returns from his vacation.

Updated  7/7/19  ---

****Allure OTS – Flavio Maeda will be onboard until July 14 when Assata Young-Mayers takes over. 

****Explorer OTS – Katie (unknown last name, but not to be confused with Katie Turner) took over on June 26 and she is expected to be onboard until the end of October.

**** Symphony OTS – Hannah has joined the ship late June. Hannah will be on the ship until Sept 21, when Flavio Maeda takes over when he returns from his vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated  7/20/19  ---

****Allure OTS –  Assata Young-Mayers should have taken over on July 14.  

****Explorer OTS – Katie (unknown last name, but not to be confused with Katie Turner) took over on June 26 and she is expected to be onboard until the end of October.

*****Mariner OTS –  Alex Paul signed on to the ship on 3/25/19 for a 4 month contract. There should be a change on this any day....so if someone is onboard can they PLEASE advise.

***** Ovation – Angelle took over from Christopher Turdo on 5/13 when Chris left for vacation.   Is Angelle still onboard?  If it was a vacation coverage assignment, it could be changing any day now.

*****Quantum – Who is currently onboard?

**** Serenade OTS – Elizabeth Hackett was on the March 25th sailing. She may have arrived n mid February, and could be on a 4 month contract until June.  I do know she is still onboard  of 5/30.

**** Spectrum OTS – Who is currently onboard?

There seems to be some confusion here. Chris is not permanent on OV, he was only there as Angelle's vacation coverage from March - May and will be joining Harmony tomorrow. Angelle is currently regular AM on Ovation and is there for a full contract. Aysy will replace Angelle when she goes on vacation.

Edited by CruisingJoe09