Maiden Voyage Cancelled

We just returned from the maiden voyage on the GC. It us still a time share ship. I wasn't thinking, I didn't take any interior photos. They always have a bunch of things to work out. While, not awful, there were issues with lines, unorganized, and details to work out. No phone numbers to access anyone is major in my book, "oh, we are working on that,"

Can you give us a review of the ship? How was the food, the entertainment,the cabins.......

I did the free cruise about a year ago on the other ship. We had a great time. This new ship lokes even better. We only paid for taxes,gratuity and parking. Because we didn't upgrade at all or add any days we were not required to do the time share presentations. We just went to port and boarded like everyone else. We had printed out all of our passes etc. ahead. That being said, this is technically a new company. I would be a little leary to not stop off at the timeshare office for the "boarding passes" until I heard now. Did you upgrade to extra days or a better stateroom?

We upgraded to an "oceanview stateroom".. which from the photos on the new website, looks exactly like the interior cabins. :mad: Kind of aggravating that I paid $100 extra for what seems to be the same standard. Oh well. And after hearing about the glitches, I'm even more nervous! I try to stay positive but I am definitely someone who does better when plans are set and everything goes accordingly. Hoping for a safe and fun cruise!

Just a warning CARIBBEAN Cruise was the name of the timeshare ship line. The cruise ship line was Celebration Cruise. Confirm that your passes are still good.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the heads up! After calling and getting nowhere with Caribbean/Celebration (I have no idea anymore because everyone has a different answer and its always a different story when I call :confused:), they finally gave me a number to the Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line. You would think they would tell you that you'll be on a totally different ship than originally booked and that you are now in the hands of a completely separate company...Nope, had to hear it from the new company. Oh well, we are going to make the best of it :)

I did the free cruise about a year ago on the other ship. We had a great time. This new ship lokes even better. We only paid for taxes,gratuity and parking. Because we didn't upgrade at all or add any days we were not required to do the time share presentations. We just went to port and boarded like everyone else. We had printed out all of our passes etc. ahead. That being said, this is technically a new company. I would be a little leary to not stop off at the timeshare office for the "boarding passes" until I heard now. Did you upgrade to extra days or a better stateroom?

For all the longer you are in the rooms, I am not sure I would upgrade. There are no balconies, so if you have an outside room you might be ok. Yeah, free cruise becomes expensive if you pruchase the time share. Have you used your time share yet? From fellow sucker. lOL