Ruby Princess E. Caribbean photo and video review

Bimmer09

Norris,

A couple more observations and notes after reading on. We share a major love of National Parks. We use our RV for most. There are a couple very much worth visiting that just might be added to your list of favorites. Denali in the fall is amazing.. (think Cruise tour) Yosemite is one of a kind. While you are at it Sequoia is nearby and you ain't seen a tree like a Sequoia. If you are ever in the Napa area please let me know, I would love to get together and share some stories.

Dixon

Hi Norris,

I came across your review in your signature on another thread. I have read up to page 10 so far, and find it very interesting and helpful, as we are looking at taking our first Princess cruise on the Emerald next winter on the same itinerary (it appears that the Emerald will be replacing the Ruby).

Thanks for the insight and humor.

Hi Norris,

I came across your review in your signature on another thread. I have read up to page 10 so far, and find it very interesting and helpful, as we are looking at taking our first Princess cruise on the Emerald next winter on the same itinerary (it appears that the Emerald will be replacing the Ruby).

Thanks for the insight and humor.

Thank you for the compliments! I'm glad you found the review and that it's proving helpful to you. There will be an Emerald review early October this year...

Norris

New to Princess, and even though my sig says otherwise, I think I will be on Ruby this fall.

I must say, Norris, your review and photos are wonderful and I am giggling at some of the comments, especially about the bowl of fruit taking lousy pics!

Thanks for sharing, this is getting me excited!

New to Princess, and even though my sig says otherwise, I think I will be on Ruby this fall.

I must say, Norris, your review and photos are wonderful and I am giggling at some of the comments, especially about the bowl of fruit taking lousy pics!

Thanks for sharing, this is getting me excited!

I'm glad you both stumbled on my Ruby review and enjoyed it, so thanks for the compliments!

Watch out for my Emerald review early October. Set an alarm clock or something.

Cheers,

Norris

I'm glad you both stumbled on my Ruby review and enjoyed it, so thanks for the compliments!

Watch out for my Emerald review early October. Set an alarm clock or something.

Cheers,

Norris

WOW...Emerald is also on my radar for fall!! Actually, at the same time as Ruby, though I think I want to try California and Mexico.......

Thanks again for sharing!!

We saw in the Patter that Kirill, a balancer Cindy had seen and raved about, was giving a show in the Piazza just before dinner, so after we packed we headed down there where we saw Cindy already waiting in front row seats.

As you're watching this remember he is on a ship going at over 20 mph....

Oh-and don't try this at home!

The video begins with our last sunset at sea and ends with our dinner courses.

Norris

And I thought I was doing well to balance on a Bosu ball while underway in Alaska last summer! :D

I just came across your fantastic review Norris, many thanks :)

We've been to Barcelona four times in the last couple of years, it's an amazing place, if you haven't already booked a hotel, I would recommend hotel Jazz, particularly the corner room/suite :)

I'm off to read your other reviews now ;)

I just came across your fantastic review Norris, many thanks :)

We've been to Barcelona four times in the last couple of years, it's an amazing place, if you haven't already booked a hotel, I would recommend hotel Jazz, particularly the corner room/suite :)

I'm off to read your other reviews now ;)

Thanks Debbie, glad you enjoyed the review of the Ruby.

I booked the Hotel Majestic some time ago and booked Pepito tours to pick us up at the dock and give us a Gaudi tour.

If you read the Ocean Princess review, midway through there will be "photo not found" popping up....just click on the X and it will take you to the photo on Flickr.

It means you have to toggle back and forth between text and photos. CC doesn't have a fix. Ho hum...

The other reviews have no issues as far as I am aware.

Thanks again!

Norris

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this entertaining and thorough review. I found your review through your signature on a recent post you made. We are taking the Ruby to Alaska next year, traveling with my 25 year old disabled son who is wheel chair bound. Because he is 6'3 and weighs 150 pounds we travel in a suite so we have plenty of room. I have a couple of questions if you have any observations. Is there wheel chair access to the Sanctuary? Do any of the MDRs seem more crowded than others that would make a larger wheelchair inconvenient? We are booked in the only accessible Pent House Suite, R415, have you ever had the opportunity to see this stateroom. Thanks Again for all your pictures and observations. Deb