What do you want to know about cruising?

2 minutes ago, greykangaroo said:

Here is your chance for more frivolous posts since you are trying to get to 30000. Hope you are on the seat on the other side of me in the lifeboat.

I mean, 80000 posts between you both. That would be my reward.

Wow, you must have a real chip on your shoulder over something, guess what, you don’t have to read my posts.

44 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Wow, you must have a real chip on your shoulder over something, guess what, you don’t have to read my posts.

And, speaking from experience of the good advice you and Mic have given me over the past few years, I'd rather see posts from regular contributors to this forum than from someone who has only posted 109 times in 14 years.

• Like 3

This used to be a good forum that was dedicated to cruising and maritime topics.

It has now been hijacked by people whose only interest is to amass stupid points.

This practice should be stopped and you multi-post wonders bought into line.

If my comments are deemed inappropriate and your posts are what the owners want to see on here then I will expect to be banned shortly. If I am still around in a day or two, hopefully, it means that my comments have been taken on board. 

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And, speaking from experience of the good advice you and Mic have given me over the past few years, I'd rather see posts from regular contributors to this forum than from someone who has only posted 109 times in 14 years.

Thank you, I’m not sure my advice is much use, Mics on the other hand is usually found to be spot on but the community feeling and friendship is fantastic.

2 minutes ago, greykangaroo said:

This used to be a good forum that was dedicated to cruising and maritime topics.

It has now been hijacked by people whose only interest is to amass stupid points.

This practice should be stopped and you multi-post wonders bought into line.

If my comments are deemed inappropriate and your posts are what the owners want to see on here then I will expect to be banned shortly. If I am still around in a day or two, hopefully, it means that my comments have been taken on board. 

No, it's more likely to mean that nobody takes you seriously enough to bother reporting you. 

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

I am constantly amazed by how focused some on here are about other people’s post counts, I do agree it something that could be done away with, it woukdnt change how I post one iota.

Exactly, Gut. In fact when I'm browsing the forum on my phone I don't see other people's post counts unless I look at their profile.

7 minutes ago, greykangaroo said:

Would one of you multi-post trolls please report my posts as we need to find out if I am to be banned or new rules bought down to stop mindless posting, as I won't be lowering myself to answer any of you again.

Thank goodness you won’t be answering anymore, you will be really missed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, greykangaroo said:

Would one of you multi-post trolls please report my posts as we need to find out if I am to be banned or new rules bought down to stop mindless posting, as I won't be lowering myself to answer any of you again.

💃 *happy dance*

Although I feel I need to make one point: forums like this wither and die unless contributors post regularly, and a little bit of friendly banter doesn't hurt anyone, neither does common politeness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greykangaroo said:

Oops, looks like you've just added another frivolous post to your score. Trying to break 120, eh?🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not about cruising, but still an important question and I’d love an answer please. 

How on earth do I stop getting a notification for every post in my email inbox? Explain it to me slowly please - I know I need to change my notifications but for some reason nothing is working. And I’m computer dumb so I need small words. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, greykangaroo said:

Here is your chance for more frivolous posts since you are trying to get to 30000. Hope you are on the seat on the other side of me in the lifeboat.

I mean, 80000 posts between you both. That would be my reward.

I don't know why you are so keen to be in a lifeboat, I hope to never have that experience.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I am constantly amazed by how focused some on here are about other people’s post counts, I do agree it something that could be done away with, it woukdnt change how I post one iota.

Likewise, I enjoy the forum for what it is, cruise related topics

• Like 2