Emerald-Belize Tender Ticket Process

reney313

This will be my first time on Princess ship that has to tender. I have tendered on both RCI and NCL many times.

I assume the process is the same/similar, but was hoping for some confirmation from recent Emerald cruisers.

We are taking an independent excursion (cave tubing) in Belize and will need to get on an early tender. I know typically cruise excursions and higher loyalty tier guests get priority tenders (we are only Ruby, so no priority there). Does Princess hand out tender tickets? Or is it first come first serve after the priority folks are off board?

The ship is set to call at 7:00am, so I'm wondering how early I should expect to be up to get tickets, or if that won't be necessary.

Thanks for any tips or info!

You will have to get a numbered ticket. The Princess Patter will tell you where they are being distributed. All of your party will have to be there to get a ticket. Since you have an early private tour, you want to be there early to get a ticket. Personally I would aim for about 15 minutes before the time they start giving out tickets.

I was on the Jan 4 Emerald and on our cruise they started giving tender tickets out at 7:15 AM in the Michelangelo Dining Room on Deck 5. You just need to make sure that everyone in your group is there before getting tickets.

I did the cave tubing in Belize (I did the ship excursion) and I'm sure you'll love it.

Granted this was two years ago but they used local boats for tendering and I was shocked that they asked for tips before disembarking the tender. I reported that to the shore excursion desk. Hopefully, that's no longer the case.

They didn't ask for tips on ours. If I remember correctly there was a place on the tenders to leave a tip, but one wasn't solicited.

Thank you very much! I didn't realize we all had to be there...I'm used to going down and getting tickets for my full party, so that is great info. I'll be checking the patter and ensure my group knows when to meet the night before, with several wake up calls :p!

We have tendered in Belize before, but we were on a ship excursion and it was RCI so a completely different process :)

Thanks again!

Every time I have had to tender, the tickets are given out in the deck 5 midship MDR. You walk in and they hand you a slip with a number. You then sit down and wait until your number is called. They call blocks of numbers usually 40 at a time. You then proceed to the tender boarding area. They call the numbers as tenders become available. Ship tours and elite members have priority. Ship tours assemble in the theater and are taken to the tenders. Elite members simply show up at the tender and do not need a ticket to board.

In Belize I have used cave-tubing.com many times and have always enjoyed their service and floating through the cave. They are well recommended here on CC.

Edited by satxdiver

Granted this was two years ago but they used local boats for tendering and I was shocked that they asked for tips before disembarking the tender. I reported that to the shore excursion desk. Hopefully, that's no longer the case.

I think I recall the same last year, or maybe it was just a super sized tip jar in sight of everyone.

We went into the dock, but were not on excurision. Heard announcement there was not a wait and went to dinning room they gave us number waited about 10 mins untill they had enough to start loading. Quick ride to doock. Quick ride back. There was a. Tip jar stuck some dollars in it very nice day.

Last week I was tendering into the Belize port with the shore excursion manager at 3pm...I was mentioning to her that some of the tenders seemed to take forever, I told her last month I was on one that seemed like it took 30 minutes. She said some can take up to 40 minutes. A total of 5(2 crew) were on the very small tender we were riding on at that time it took us 15 minutes, it was raining and seas were rough.

We have tendered into a number of ports and I definitely think the Belize stop has the longest tender ride we have experienced.

Edited by land lover

I know typically cruise excursions and higher loyalty tier guests get priority tenders (we are only Ruby, so no priority there). Does Princess hand out tender tickets? Or is it first come first serve after the priority folks are off board?

Thanks for any tips or info!

Just a point. Passengers on Princess Cruise excursions do get priority, at the times they need to get to shore. Not every tour has to be on the first tenders out.

Elite level loyalty passengers are permitted to go directly to the tenders and bypass the tender ticket process, BUT they are supposed to get on the end of the line, not cut into the line. These passengers have little impact on the tender process. There isn't an exclusive first tender out priority tender, Elites just fill the empty seats.

Follow the advice of other posters and your party will be ashore as required. Remember, tour operators deal with this every day and know about the process.

Oh and something else about tendering in Belize. It was the first time I have ever experienced a ship's snorkel excursion pick up at the ship. The reason, to save time... the ship anchors between belize city and the cayes.

Edited by land lover

We will be on the Emerald in March 2015. Which snorkel excursion picks up at the ship? I'm hoping it is the excursion we have planned.

Usually the Princess description of the excursion will indicate where you will be picked up.

It's the local tenders, last year we were there, they were clean, efficient, fast and friendly. I just got back from Mexican Rivera cruise, we stopped in Cabo, the local tenders sucked. I was so glad that coming back to the ship we got the ships tender.

We will be on the Emerald in March 2015. Which snorkel excursion picks up at the ship? I'm hoping it is the excursion we have planned.

We did the ship's Sergeant's Key snorkel excursion which picked up right from the ship. Saved a bunch of time and the tour was pretty good. We saw lots of fish and even a nurse shark while snorkeling. On a prior cruise we did a river tour/jungle jeep combo excursion which also picked us up right from the ship.