Expired carnival future cruise certificates

welove2laugh

Does anyone know if Carnival can legally have expiry dates on these certificates. I just realized that ours just expired but recall hearing in Canada and perhaps certain States that there cannot be expiry dates. I hope someone has good news and that perhaps a lawyer might know.

These are not US registered ships and therefore don't have to follow any US law or code. I say call Carnival, ask for a supervisor and plead your case...NICELY!

Yep I asked very nicely and used a cruise credit that had almost been expired for a year! Just have to ask nicely!!! Ask for a supervisor!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Carnival can legally have expiry dates on these certificates. I just realized that ours just expired but recall hearing in Canada and perhaps certain States that there cannot be expiry dates. I hope someone has good news and that perhaps a lawyer might know.

Read the fine print on the back. My certificate clearly stated that there was no exp date in California and I think New Jersey. Don't know about Canada.

NH state law also does not allow certificates of any kind to expire nor can gift cards lose any value.