"LIVE" from the Oasis of the Seas - February 21, 2015

niksmom630

Packing is completed and I'm ready to hit the hay in order to be top of my game at 0 dark thirty. Thanks to those of you already following along for all the nice comments!

My poor pups have been following me around all evening. For all you pet lovers out there, I'm sure you can relate. As soon as the suitcases come out, they become Klingons in anticipation of your departure.

31404433-D428-410C-9608-E473128913A6_zpsqwhrmb4p.jpg

I'm fortunate to have an awesome dog sitter who is also a vet tech. 👍 Ready for this vacation to begin and feeling great about the fact that all of mine will be well taken care of while we are gone!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This picture says it all - make sure you post one of them after you get back home.

Sailing on her March 14th and will be following your review. We have MTD and since I hate to plan ahead on vacation we just decided to spin the wheel each night and see what's available when/where we decide to eat. If you are doing the same let me know how it works out.

Also, staying at the Hilton Marina. I read some recent reviews that were not all that favorable, so let me know what you think. I guess it doesn't really matter since I can't find any Hilton properties close by that have point stays for a decent number. How do you plan to get from the hotel to the ship?

we sail on Oasis on SATURDAY MARCH 7TH...can not wait...we are lucky...my SIL will be watching Malibu (yorkie ****zu) when we are gone...doing 2 pre-nights at the Bahia Mar near the port...and will be attending the marriage ceremony of Aubree Rock and Matt Jenkins on Friday at 5pm on the beach in FLL...65 to attend and 24 of us sail away the next Morning...heading to the pier around 10am Saturday...to check in with the diamond group...the ship is the focus of this trip...have been to all of the ports of call many many times already...will do some jewelry shopping in St Thomas...we have gotten some great buys there in the past and very happy with everything...I have already been in touch with 2 of the shops and they know I will be there on Tuesday the 11th...IT'S TIME TO GET OUT OF THIS FROZEN TUNDRA CALLED MINNEAPOLIS...:cool:

Edited by EaganCruiser

I'll backtrack a bit later for any questions. Here are a few photos around the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina....having a beer outside...its a " tad" chilly, but I'm not complaining 😨

624010B9-039C-40E0-868C-0885CD8313BD_zpswl8v0wml.jpg

E2F45DD6-37BC-4E78-91CF-A3A80D314827_zps3zgaxbii.jpg

515B4A1A-9E6C-4CBF-A0D8-CDED7D34686A_zpsa4n0jodg.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Chris,

Thank you, thank you for doing a live report. It was only a month ago since we were on Oasis but it seems like forever. Looking forward to the pictures of your fun times.

Thanks, Bill! Your report got me through the long, cold weeks leading up to our cruise, so I am happy to pay back!....

Ok, I have a few more photos.....

This is the main tower...I think these rooms facing the street have a view of Port Everglades.

7C1EF4F5-7D77-4562-B988-3484E9CD525C_zps3ettmkzf.jpg

We are in the building to the right of the tower...and the last room at the end of the hall. It is literally a country mile from the lobby.

In any event, we had a much better experience that last time we stayed here. When we made our reservations, we booked a king, marina view room. The first room they assigned us overlooked the parking lot and had no balcony. So, back I went to the front desk. Got a new room assigned. Got a new room assigned for the 2 BIL's and SIL. Door keys only seem to be working sporadically. DBIL had to have maintenance out twice because his key has not worked. For the price we paid, I would probably not stay here again...disappointing, because I had high hopes because of our last experience. The outdoor spaces are lovely, but the inside definately needs some work...

F4BB68E8-399C-47A0-9563-9CF59FFD0B32_zpsiytn7aky.jpg

We had dinner at Bimini Boatyard on our last visit to Fort Lauderdale and really enjoyed it. Walk out the front entrance, turn right, and walk about three blocks...they are famous for their Bimini Bread. It is absolutely amazing! I could have eaten the whole loaf myself.

3C11C0B8-6A5E-4D4A-B2F8-BF9F7628CEC2_zpslbvb4rmh.jpg

we were hoping to sit outside, but it was just too brisk...I did get some photos outside though. They have live entertainment here as well.

2E75991B-4E60-4A81-9DE1-3016778F7544_zpsia3djuus.jpg

D65BF385-BDD4-4AFE-BBBF-61BF49F530C4_zpsujmbtbkb.jpg

9CEE6EC4-5577-43C5-AF33-0CDF2193231A_zpslg1mfbp4.jpg

light dinner for me this evening, since I filled up on Bimini bread!

Shrimp cocktail and Caesar salad. DH had the ribs, and really enjoyed them...

B4411D32-8006-4F1D-AF6F-ECDDB70A21AB_zps0wx5mrzs.jpg

C0D0E2D3-C580-4518-B0B5-831F9B508390_zpst1tve43x.jpg

There is a very nice outdoor seating area here

6D28DE77-E00A-4B80-B044-5512D0BDA6FC_zps70urzabt.jpg

Nice vessel, huh???

F7A09E98-39A2-4525-B66B-14EA0E82F37C_zpsxoepcpob.jpg

4ECA0B14-2BE5-4998-A73C-17ABDA8208F3_zpsvq9qjrwi.jpg

Final post until tomorrow, There is a Walgreens only two blocks away--we passed it on the way to Bimini, so we decided to stop and pick up some wine to bring on board...let's just say there is a very limited selection!!!!

29E10403-F56F-460E-A565-26B8569297D0_zpsglced4rd.jpg

you might want to give the Hyatt at Pier 66 a try some time. It's across the 17th Street Causeway but still only a short distance to the pier.

I will try it next time. We've also stayed at the Embassy Suites--we like being near the port. We had a great experience here last time, so I'm kind of disappointed....The rooms here are NOT inexpensive...