Cruise Critic Community
megacruiser

Getaway Photo Review - Food Focus - Specialty Dining - Chef's Table - Viva Vino

This is an absolutely amazing review! I'm loving all the details of the restaurants and decks. Thanks for taking all the time to do this. Can't wait until I can sail on the Getaway next year!

Thank you for a wonderful review. We are not sure if we will be able to cruise this ship. We usually leave out of NY so are doing the Gem next year for the third time. We did cruise in Europe on the Epic. You have made it seem as if we were on the ship with you.

Hello and thanks for the kind comment. Don't forget Breakaway is a sister ship to Getaway, and very similar; so might be worth considering from New York...

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thanks for the review, I am booked on my first NCL cruise on the Escape and since there is NOTHING to read about it yet I am reading other reviews to try and figure out the ins and outs of NCL........... so different from Carnival!!! :eek:

Thanks for commenting. Breakaway and Getaway reviews should give you a good general idea of what to expect...

Kind regards

megacruiser

Hello HearterOnBoard,

Many thanks for your comment.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Edited by megacruiser

Excellent review and EXCELLENT photo's .... thank you so much for making me feel as though I was on the cruise with you!

Hello hello!

Still learning on the photo front. Made quite a few beginners' mistakes like forgetting to check the settings on the camera; resulting in poor colour balance... It's nomally best not to post your poor photos, but then there would have been no Deck 6 Tour or buffet photos...

So glad to hear that you enjoyed the review.

Many thanks and kind regards

megacruiser

Edited by megacruiser

Mega, for my two cents, I've enjoyed reading your review in sections, much like the old Saturday matinee serials. And I'm greatly impressed that you take the time to acknowledge each poster. Alba gu brach.

Many thanks for your support.

Kind regards

megacruiser

I am following your review also. I am learning so much what I want to do when I sail Getaway next January. Thank you for your hard work. As for posters in other threads: Cruise Critic is known for people hiding behind fake names (Like my name. lol Real name Ron) and being brave to attack others. Which is why I don't come by as often as I used to. Just for reviews of upcoming ships I will sail now. Heck, this post may be deleted! lol Thanks again.

Many thanks Pizzaeater!

Kind regards

megacruiser

Like any forum, there are always rude people. Reviewers spend a significant time to write the reviews, and then unappreciating posters comments rudely. I have often wished I could block certain people from reading my reviews. Don't let them discourage you. There are thousands of CC members who enjoy your review.

On a side note, I love the photos you took! I had never really considered a mirrorless camera before. I am thinking when it is time to replace my DSLR, I may consider it.

Hi mpcaruth,

Thanks for your reassuring words.

I switched to mirrorless because of the weight-and-bulk saving. It becomes less of a thought as to whether to take the camera along; and the potential picture quality can now compete with DSLRs.

Kind regards

megacruiser

I am still following because this has been a wonderful cruise expereince on land for me. Thanks again for taking the time to write and include photos.

Thanks again to you too!

Kind regards

megacruiser

I am also still following. If anyone of the rude posters from the other threads/boards don't like it, well......:p

Your continued interest is much appreciated.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thanks so much for posting the review. I'm enjoying it greatly. Going on the Breakaway in May and figure it gives me some heads up. If you ever have a chance to do the Chef's Table on Princess it is over the top. This one did look close in comparison.

I have gone on over 80 cruises but always with someone. Thinking of maybe trying the solo cabins with Norwegian. What is your pro and cons on them. Thanks again.

NCL are leading the way for solo cruisers and I love their studio cabins. Epic's have special mood-lighting that adds even more to their appeal.

The studios are very cleverly designed. You don't get a window or a balcony; nor a settee or a proper armchair - otherwise it has everything that is important to me. You do get access to the nearby Studio Lounge where you will encounter other solo travellers; and there is a bar open for the evening get-together at 5pm. A big plus for me too is the unlimited use of an excellent bean-to-cup coffee machine for espresso or milky coffees. The biggest bonus is not having to pay a huge single supplement.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards

megacruiser

What a great review!!!

The time that you put into this is beyond amazing- so thank you!

I can't find the post, but a gal was inquiring about the towns of the comedy shows and wanton to book her dinner around them

Looking at the ones that you have posted, the shows, including even the 55 to stay Alive game on the Atrium are all at the same time that they were on the July cruise we took and the December cruise.

The only show that I saw changing was Legally Blonde. It changed before our first cruise on GA.

That cruiser should have no problem using your dailies to book her dinners.

Thanks again for your fun fun fun review!!'

Thanks DrNora,

So glad to hear you spotted that there is intended to be the odd hint at humour. Your feedback is truly appreciated.

Kind regards

megacruiser

You're very much welcome. Your pictures are great and don't apologise for asking for feedback to confirm that you're not wasting your time.

Your review is one of those that people will reference as it's so detailed and with lots of good pictures. That's a huge amount of effort and it's much appreciated.

We loved the ship last year and are looking forward to doing it again this year. I may even get to do the cable car this time.

Keep it coming. :)

Thanks again Tony!

I love your review of the Getaway! We're booked on her May 2nd and now I really can't wait!! Thank you for posting the photos and taking so much time to chronicle everything in such detail. Although we've been on 8 cruises, I always find I'm a bit nervous about what to expect on a ship we've never sailed on before. I now don't feel that way about our upcoming Getaway cruise and I thank for that!!!

Delighted if you have found my review helpful.

Thanks and kind regards

megacruiser

HI all!

megacruiser ~ just found this review yesterday & am loving it!:D I've never seen such lovely fireworks pictures! I'm reliving my Getaway cruise & also learning some things. Having cruised 3 times on Epic solo I'd never received a solo program like you showed so hope to have one on my Christmas cruise.

Now I'll have to read your Epic adventure too.

That charred broccoli at Ocean Blue is an acquired taste for sure!;)

Anyhow on with the review on your schedule, you're doing a great job!

~ Jo ~ :)

Very kind of you to give feedback.

All the Best,

megacruiser

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. I realize how much time it takes and can appreciate your problems with Photobucket. I am loving reading it.

I also like getting feedback when doing a review. It is nice to know that someone it out there enjoying it.

A few thoughts: It is YOUR review' date=' do it your way, and don't pay any attention to the 'nay sayers' and complainers.

Your pictures are amazing.

My first Chef's Table My DH declined to join me. The way they kept refilling wine glasses, I totally had no idea how much I had been drinking. By the time we were to be served the veal, I realized that I had to stop drinking and stop eating! And we were finally being served the red wines that I love. I stayed to the bitter end though and enjoyed tiny tastes of it all. I have enjoyed it twice since then with DH and family members and was better able to pace myself.

[/size']

Your positive feedback is truly appreciated.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thank you for your time to write up this fantastic review! Bloody brilliant to say the least! Love it!

Well-chuffed!

Cheers

megacruiser

Wow, this is a fantastic review, like reading a good book! Makes me wish my cruise was closer!!!!

Leah

Thanks for such a lovely compliment.

Best wishes

megacruiser

Are you from Aberdeen? I lived there for a year. Well, nearby in Dyce.

Originally from Lanarkshire, then Glasgow and now Argyll & Bute...

Thank you for your reflective and honest review.

My pleasure! I know some prefer to hear only the positives, but I'd rather tell it as I find it...

Regards

megacruiser