Hotels?

parttimr

The closest to the port is warehouse district. French Quarter/Mississippi River is going to be between the quarter and port. French quarter/bourbon you could be deep in the quarter and far from the port. Downtown/superdome you could be far from the port as well. When I get a chance I'll look at your dates and I may be able to tell you some of the specific hotels. I usually get Hilton Riverside with the 4* French quarter/Mississippi River option.

I had been searching MS River, hoping to get that Hilton Riverside when I found a 4* $91 per night in the Warehouse district, booked it and got the Hilton Riverside!!! 😆 👍

Yeah that's interesting because I've been booking Riverside for several years as French Quarter/Mississippi River. I've done it as recent as August. Maybe they moved it to warehouse district.

What is the best areas to pick for cruise people on Hotwire?

French Quarter/Bourbon Street

Warehouse District

French Quarter/Mississippi River

I want to be able to explore the French Quarter but want to be reasonably close to the port. We are flying in. We will be staying February 13-15, 2016. Our cruise is February 15-20.

Hotels are expensive that week! I feel pretty confident the 4* warehouse district for $175 is the Hilton Riverside. That would be my choice. I'm actually staying there on Monday. It's close to the port. It's connected to the riverwalk mall. It has a great restaurant. And it has it's own streetcar stop that will take you to the French Quarter for $1.25/ride or $3/day.

Edited by Saint Greg

Saint Greg, I wanted to thank you. I did book and got Hilton Riverside. I'm tickled pink. I hate to ask for more help but my mom needs a room close to me for 2/14/16. She is flying in 2/14. She is young but doesn't care for site seeing there. She just wants to get on the ship. Lol. She is pretty close to booking holiday inn superdome because they quoted her 110 but I would like her closer. Any help? And if she does book there, is she safe?

Saint Greg, I wanted to thank you. I did book and got Hilton Riverside. I'm tickled pink. I hate to ask for more help but my mom needs a room close to me for 2/14/16. She is flying in 2/14. She is young but doesn't care for site seeing there. She just wants to get on the ship. Lol. She is pretty close to booking holiday inn superdome because they quoted her 110 but I would like her closer. Any help? And if she does book there, is she safe?

Think I got a couple other options for you. How about a Bourbon Street hotel for $97 on Valentine's Day? The 3* French quarter/bourbon street for $97 on Hotwire looks exactly like the Four Points Sheraton on Bourbon Street I stayed at a few weeks ago. Also if you go over to Priceline and click on express deals...there's a 3 star French quarter-canal street for $101 that I believe to be the Wyndham French Quarter. That's about 5 blocks from you.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60864-d214170-Reviews-Four_Points_By_Sheraton_French_Quarter-New_Orleans_Louisiana.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60864-d120822-Reviews-Wyndham_New_Orleans_French_Quarter-New_Orleans_Louisiana.html

I was just logging on to ask you about it. I saw a French quarter/ bourbon street for $95 for Valentine's day on hotwire. Do you think that is the one 3*?

The one I'm seeing is $97 and I think it's Four Points Sheraton on Bourbon Street. Here are the full amenities from when I booked four points for 12/6:

Hotel Amenities

Free Internet

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Self-service laundry

Internet access

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking

Roll-in shower

Here are the full amenities for the valentine's day one:

Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.

Also from the one I booked 12/6:

95% love it

Valentines day one:

95% recommended

When I select it a tip pops up that says "The last person got Hotel St. Pierre"...that's nonsense. St. Pierre doesn't have a restaurant. They just have a little area for a free continental breakfast.

Edited by Saint Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Carriecruises you are soooooo lucky to get the Hilton Riverside for that price. I will be staying there early May and my price is $250 a night the Jazz festival is the same weekend before I board the Carnival Dream [emoji20] but hey I'm on vacation right [emoji2]

• 1 month later...
Saint Greg... would you be willing to give any recommendations for our pre-cruise stay April 8-10, 2016? Would need 3 rooms if possible. Thank you SO much for all the great advice you give on here!!!

Looks like everything is around $200/night. I did the ones under $250 for you. If it were me, I'd do Sheraton on Canal unless you need to be close to the port. If it's a Saints game I'm doing Hyatt Regency.

On hotwire

3.5* warehouse for $190. Not 100% but I think that's the Blake Hotel. That's going to be one of the closer options to the port...but it's not that close. I haven't stayed there. I have a friend who stayed there for a function at the convention center last year and he liked it.

4.5* French Quarter/Bourbon Street for $200/night should be Sheraton on Canal. It's outstanding. One of my favorites.

3* French Quarter-Bourbon Street for $210 should be Royal St. Charles. Nice hotel but I wouldn't pass on Sheraton for it.

4* Downtown-Superdome for $215 should be Hyatt Regency. Outstanding. Another one of my favorites. It's not convienent to the port or french quarter but there's a streetcar stop out front that takes you down canal street all the way to Hilton Riverside.

3.5* Downtown-Superdome $221. Think it's Holiday Inn Superdome but I've never stayed there

3.5* Downtown-Superdome $227. Should be Country Inn & Suites. Nice hotel with free hot breakfast.

3* Warehouse District $227. I think this is Hampton Inn Convention Center which would be closest to the port but I'm not sure

4* Warehouse District $233. I think this is Lowes based on the indoor pool. Never stayed there. Looks fancy. One of your closer options to the port...closer than the blake, but not as close as hampton

3* French Quarter-Mississippi River $233. Should be best western st. Christopher. Not bad but you have better options. I had hell with their valet parking because they park 10 blocks away.

3.5* Warehouse district $238. Think it could be the whitney but not sure.

If you want a better price than hotwire. You can checkout priceline. There's an express deal for $184 4* Downtown New Orleans. I'm not as good with those. I'm going to say it's the Renissance Pere Marquette which is downtown but just a block from canal and two from Bourbon. It's a nice hotel. I usually will only book priceline if I'm the only one in the room. I've had them stick me in small rooms with 1 small bed before. I have better overall luck with Hotwire. But if you want to save some money you can see this $184 express deal. Go into the bidding side and bid $175 or 180 on a 4* downtown new orleans and you probably get it. $20-25 for 3 rooms over 2 nights adds up.

Edited by Saint Greg

Looking for a hotel on hotwire, trying to figure out what they are, on March 26th (2 adults, 2 kids), in French quarter or downtown under $125. There's a 4 star and 3.5 star in downtown and a 4.5 star and 3 star in French quarter. Any guesses as to what hotels they are? Also, how noisy are the French quarter hotels? My kids are under 10, we don't stay up late, but we thought it would be a good area to stay for our one day of sightseeing.

Looking for a hotel on hotwire, trying to figure out what they are, on March 26th (2 adults, 2 kids), in French quarter or downtown under $125. There's a 4 star and 3.5 star in downtown and a 4.5 star and 3 star in French quarter. Any guesses as to what hotels they are? Also, how noisy are the French quarter hotels? My kids are under 10, we don't stay up late, but we thought it would be a good area to stay for our one day of sightseeing.

You won't have any noise issues at these hotels. Don't forget to pick the 2 adult, 2 children option when you search to guarantee they give you a 2 bed room.

4* Downtown-Superdome for $99 - Hyatt Regency. Awesome hotel. It's right by the superdome. Not right by the French quarter but there's a streetcar stop out front that will take you to the all the way down canal. You can get off at Bourbon or wherever to walk into the French quarter. Or ride it all the way down to the Hilton riverside. You can get on another car there that takes you to the French quarter. You can get a daily pass...unlimited rides for $3/person.

3.5* Downtown-Superdome for $100 - Should be Country Inn and Suites. Not as fancy as Hyatt. But a nice hotel with a good free hot breakfast. Closer walk to the French quarter. Step out of the hotel, walk left for 2-3 blocks and you're at Canal/Decatur. From there turn left and go 3 blocks and you're at Canal/Bourbon.

4.5* French Quarter - Bourbon Street for $124 - Sheraton on Canal. Awesome Hotel. Awesome location. On Canal Street. One block from Decatur, 2 blocks from Bourbon.

3* French Quarter-Bourbon Street for $106 - I'd stay away from this one. I think it's best western French quarter - landmark...which is on the very outer edge of the French quarter..close to a sketchy area I wouldn't walk in at night.

Edited by Saint Greg

Thank you for all your experience. I booked the 3.5 star downtown, new to hotwire, and it ended up being Hyatt House, which is fine.

My bad. First time I've seen that on Hotwire. It looks like it's on the same grounds as Hyatt Regency so what I said about it applies. Streetcar stop out front that will take you all the way down canal. Unlimited riding for $3/person/day.

Oh no, I am so grateful for all your hotwire input! I would have never booked one on hotwire and saved us so much money if not for all your input. I think the Hyatt House will be perfect for us as we'll get a free breakfast in a good location, despite the crazy amount that parking costs (do you know if we can do self parking for a less expensive cost instead of valet?), and it's just for one night before our cruise. Plus the kids will love to ride the streetcar, something we definitely do not do in our suburban community. 4 weeks to go!

Oh no, I am so grateful for all your hotwire input! I would have never booked one on hotwire and saved us so much money if not for all your input. I think the Hyatt House will be perfect for us as we'll get a free breakfast in a good location, despite the crazy amount that parking costs (do you know if we can do self parking for a less expensive cost instead of valet?), and it's just for one night before our cruise. Plus the kids will love to ride the streetcar, something we definitely do not do in our suburban community. 4 weeks to go!

You can self park in the Hyatt Regency garage for $25/night. I'm not sure what they charge at Hyatt house but regency is either 35 or 40 for valet. Drive past Hyatt Regency and turn right at the stoplight. Garage is on your right. It's connected to Hyatt regency. If you go down the escalator, go out the doors behind the escalator, take a right and that will take you to your hotel. If you go out the front door take a left. It's a bit of a hike. Regency is big. I would drop the family and luggage, then park.

Sent from Carnival Elation using Tapatalk

Edited by Saint Greg

Thank you Saint Greg! I just can't bring myself to spend $200+/nite for 1-2 nights before our cruise. Can you recommend an "area" that's within an hour of NOLA? Appreciate your help!

If you're looking to do things in the downtown/French quarter area you may check out Gretna. It's across the river. You can take a ferry over.

When I want to stay away from downtown I look at Metairie. It's 6-7 miles from downtown. I'm on the ship now. I stayed in Metairie last night. I got Marriott at lakeway as a 3.5* on Hotwire for $59. Most Metairie hotels have free parking but this Marriott is $20. It's as nice as some of the 4* hotels I've stayed at in downtown though. Veterans memorial Blvd is a good area. There are a couple malls. There's an acme oyster house, cafe du monde...also one in one of the malls. The last thing I did last night was get a jungle juice from New Orleans original daiquiris...that's about 3 blocks from the Marriott. Those are all places you'll find in the French quarter.

Sent from my Carnival Elation using Tapatalk

Edited by Saint Greg