Hotels?

parttimr

On 3/22/2022 at 12:33 PM, Saint Greg said:

I'm adding in one downtown hotel just because the Roosevelt is a fancy, historic hotel that deserves consideration if you're going up in the $300 range.

Downtown
4.5 $309 Roosevelt

Sorry Greg, I just now noticed you mentioned the Roosevelt.  We loved our stay and booked a lower priced room for under $300.  Surprised and got upgraded to a suite.  The lobby was still decorated for Christmas and it was awesome.

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/14/2021 at 4:36 PM, Saint Greg said:

Wow October is pretty far off. Monteleone is great and would be my first choice! Even if you don't stay there you must stop by their carousel bar. Actually you'll want to check out my New Orleans Barhop and Frenchman Street articles for some unique bars to visit. Monteleone is usually pretty expensive. I have gotten deals on Hotwire in the past. I think I know what you're looking for. You want that old New Orleans feel. Let me throw out a few other options. Some of these have big chain names but all are in old style buildings with that old New Orleans feel. I won't recommend Sheraton on Canal which is a high rise but I will recommend Sheraton on Bourbon Street which is in one of those old buildings for instance. And I won't recommend a place I haven't stayed at myself. All are in the French Quarter except for Le Pavillon which is downtown (a few blocks walk or street car...they call them street cars in New Orleans...from the French Quarter). Let me know if you have any questions or need help finding a good price when you are ready to book.

Hotel Monteleone 

https://hotelmonteleone.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAnuGNBhCPARIsACbnLzo_m7cWqmoYmFzUBvP-IWPmE-BIhp0fAiZKOPXuGjna2zzB-eFHQ5EaAsoTEALw_wcB

Royal Sonesta

https://www.sonesta.com/us/louisiana/new-orleans/royal-sonesta-new-orleans

Omni Royal Orleans

https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/new-orleans-royal-orleans?utm_campaign=omni_ohr_x_prospecting_x_nb_prop_booking_en_dsa_us&utm_content=58700006495347664&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=39700058667223661&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnuGNBhCPARIsACbnLzp-Hdl_S8Y6NXCe8_dzBcJKxpnEN1oD6tjI0WAttHxbU0uFBB2PoyMaAqB6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sheraton Four Points - Bourbon Street

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/msyqf-four-points-french-quarter/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2&y_source=1_MTUwMjgyOS03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24uZ29vZ2xlX3dlYnNpdGVfb3ZlcnJpZGU%3D

Le Pavillon

https://www.lepavillon.com/?utm_source=google my business&utm_medium=listing&utm_campaign=visit website

Holiday Inn Chateau Lamoyne

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/new-orleans/msycl/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-HI-_-US-_-MSYCL

Bourbon Orleans

https://www.bourbonorleans.com/?utm_source=google-gmb&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

Hotel Provincial

https://www.hotelprovincial.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAnuGNBhCPARIsACbnLzooLc5twt8JltqG74rEESQLq_ArMCesyUbszMiNhb9OqGFQMOkT28kaAjzeEALw_wcB

Saint Greg - I appreciate that you take the time to write out these kinds of replies.  Here I am, looking at a July 1, 2023 NOLA cruise departure, which puts us smack in the middle of Essence Festival Weekend.  All of our "regular" NOLA hotels are either booked or requiring a 3-night minimum; max we can give them is a 2-night stay pre-cruise stay.  I got recommendations from family and friends, too, and, so far, to accommodate five adults, Hotel Provincial might be winning.  Any chance you have stayed in their 2-bedroom lofted unit?   I'm a little nervous about staying up toward The French Market, since we tend to stick to much closer to Canal Street, and I can't envision it all up that way.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

Saint Greg - I appreciate that you take the time to write out these kinds of replies.  Here I am, looking at a July 1, 2023 NOLA cruise departure, which puts us smack in the middle of Essence Festival Weekend.  All of our "regular" NOLA hotels are either booked or requiring a 3-night minimum; max we can give them is a 2-night stay pre-cruise stay.  I got recommendations from family and friends, too, and, so far, to accommodate five adults, Hotel Provincial might be winning.  Any chance you have stayed in their 2-bedroom lofted unit?   I'm a little nervous about staying up toward The French Market, since we tend to stick to much closer to Canal Street, and I can't envision it all up that way.  

Yeah I did one that had kitchen, living room and a bedroom downstairs. Then the loft upstairs was a bedroom and had another full bathroom and a closet. It was nice. It is at the far end of the French Quarter. I think I have some pictures I can dig up. Let me check. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

C1242CBD-F3D3-46BC-8B4B-E3F4C84AE783.jpeg

14F4C913-A9B1-411E-B855-B617766AFE40.jpeg

C52B3A8F-B612-49AE-9CCB-AFD4C6D52F2A.jpeg

35D7220E-18DA-4194-B8DE-51C9068C7A9A.jpeg

E8463664-1507-48BF-8D3C-714EE771B028.jpeg

F63FF1DD-605C-4641-B14B-1F8B775C072A.jpeg

6599ABFE-A793-4686-87D0-70A9E9B67512.jpeg

42E20CE3-F660-43E9-AA0F-4816AD008F73.jpeg

E3723F4D-980F-47C2-B9F8-0195BBC50771.jpeg

ECF0A26F-8718-46E4-B971-EBC9815A1B3E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Here I am, again, Saint Greg, hoping you might revisit this thread and share your thoughts on the following three Valentino Group Hotels:  Hotel St. Marie, Prince Conti, and Place D’Armes.  (There will be five adults, so two rooms needed.)  We have now decided to stay post-cruise, since those pre-cruise hotel rates are pretty outrageous due to Essence Festival ‘23.  We expect to spend most of our time at the many adult touristy spots.

8 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Here I am, again, Saint Greg, hoping you might revisit this thread and share your thoughts on the following three Valentino Group Hotels:  Hotel St. Marie, Prince Conti, and Place D’Armes.  (There will be five adults, so two rooms needed.)  We have now decided to stay post-cruise, since those pre-cruise hotel rates are pretty outrageous due to Essence Festival ‘23.  We expect to spend most of our time at the many adult touristy spots.

I know all of those hotels but I’ve never actually stayed at any of them.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know which hotels offer shuttle to the port?  

We are staying at Holiday Inn express Airport South.  

Im told an Uber from hotel to port could be $120?????  

Are there ANY hotels that offer shuttle?  (we are flying in.. no need to park a car)

On 1/16/2023 at 8:16 AM, Saint Greg said:

I know all of those hotels but I’ve never actually stayed at any of them.

If you are staying at the Hilton Riverside, which building would be the best to access the mall to get to the cruise port?

• 1 month later...

I am new at looking for hotels in New Orleans. We are thinking a few days after a cruise in April 2024. We would need something that is handicapped accessible (BF uses a scooter for long distances) and somewhat close to Bourbon Street. Not looking to break the bank :).  Suggestions?

12 minutes ago, BonnieH said:

I am new at looking for hotels in New Orleans. We are thinking a few days after a cruise in April 2024. We would need something that is handicapped accessible (BF uses a scooter for long distances) and somewhat close to Bourbon Street. Not looking to break the bank :).  Suggestions?

That’s petty far out but if you have exact dates i could take a look. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, AzCruiseGurl said:

Whats the best Hilton brand Hotel to stay at near the Carnival Cruise Terminal? We will be walking to port and also walking 2 days prior to the cruise.

Thank you for your help

The best is Hilton Riverside. You can walk through the connected mall to the port.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/new-orleans-hotel-guide-hilton-riverside/

Next best Hilton option would be Hilton garden inn convention center.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/new-orleans-hotel-review-hilton-garden-inn-convention-center/

41 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The best is Hilton Riverside. You can walk through the connected mall to the port.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/new-orleans-hotel-guide-hilton-riverside/

Next best Hilton option would be Hilton garden inn convention center.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/new-orleans-hotel-review-hilton-garden-inn-convention-center/

Very helpful  thank you so much 😊 

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, bobnpaml said:

Has anyone stayed at the Mercantile Hotel on St. Peters?  Is it within walking distance ( with carry on luggage only) to the NCL cruise terminal?

I haven’t stayed at the mercantile but I’m pretty sure it used to be an extension to the Embassy Suites and I did stay in that building. Either way it’s an easy walk to the port.

IMG_4813.jpeg

Thank you Saint Greg.  We will be in New Orleans the day before and after our Jan. 21-28, 2024 cruise on the Breakaway.  Not our first cruise out of NOLA.  Last time we stayed at the Hilton Riverside but the cost is way over our budget this time. 

We love New Orleans, my husband's roots goes back to the early 1720's, first Census on Rue Royal.

Edited by bobnpaml
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, whatnow53548 said:

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express St Charles which is right next to the WWII Museum. Is it possible to walk to the port from there or would we be better off using an Uber?

Yeah you can walk it. It’s your call on whether or not you want to. It’s 3/4 of a mile to the NCL port. If you’re talking carnival then it’s more like 1 1/4 miles because you have to walk around the convention center. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah you can walk it. It’s your call on whether or not you want to. It’s 3/4 of a mile to the NCL port. If you’re talking carnival then it’s more like 1 1/4 miles because you have to walk around the convention center. 

Great, thanks for the information. We are on Carnival but are probably going give it a try, kind of a new adventure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, whatnow53548 said:

Great, thanks for the information. We are on Carnival but are probably going give it a try, kind of a new adventure.

I would take this route down Julia street.

IMG_4835.thumb.jpeg.681ca132e041275f800a56320979eb60.jpeg

Otherwise you got that long walk around the convention center.

IMG_4836.thumb.jpeg.bd13d488a353c181af5009b0b2906949.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, MR_BUTCHIE said:

Are there any hotels with in walking distance to the NCL dock

Hilton riverside you can walk through the mall. And pretty much all of the warehouse district/convention center hotels are basically across the street.

IMG_4968.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg