I want to shoot landscapes and a few tourist attractions. I plan to travel with 2 small bodies with image stabilized zooms. Sony A6000 + 16-70/4 (APS-C, 24-105 equivalent) and Sony A7S + 16-35/4 (full frame). I'm guessing that this should do the trick. I'll also be taking a fast aperture prime for occasional portraits. The entire kit fits in a small shoulder bag.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I think you are well covered. I'd venture to guess that you will be using the A7s with 16-35 most often.

If you don't dread the idea of a little weight, and you do decide you want some wildlfie, I'd consider skipping the 16-70, and put the 70-200/4 on the A6000, for equivalent of 105-300. Should make it an excellent wildlife camera. And I often find I can live without the mid-range focal lengths, the "boring" focal lengths, lol.

One other option I love, if you have an A-mount converter, is the Minolta 200/2.8 prime. Very light-weight considering the focal length and aperture. AMAZING optical quality. On your A7s, it makes a nice long portrait lens. On the A6000, turns into a sports/wildlife lens.

I think you are well covered. I'd venture to guess that you will be using the A7s with 16-35 most often.

If you don't dread the idea of a little weight, and you do decide you want some wildlfie, I'd consider skipping the 16-70, and put the 70-200/4 on the A6000, for equivalent of 105-300. Should make it an excellent wildlife camera. And I often find I can live without the mid-range focal lengths, the "boring" focal lengths, lol.

One other option I love, if you have an A-mount converter, is the Minolta 200/2.8 prime. Very light-weight considering the focal length and aperture. AMAZING optical quality. On your A7s, it makes a nice long portrait lens. On the A6000, turns into a sports/wildlife lens.

I am indeed weight conscious :) Thanks for the info though, I'll look into that lens for non-vacation projects. Although I'm serious about photography, I've now reached a point where comfort and enjoyment of the moment comes first, when vacationing.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to circle back here and post our pictures, so here goes:

Not a lot to see in the set, but those of you on this thread will likely enjoy the series near the end where I show the range of lenses we took. I went up on deck 19 aft, port side, and aimed at the bridge. You'll see shots from the 11-24, 24-105, 100-400, 600, and 600&1.4x. I left lots of other lenses back in the room (too much to carry and nothing truly gained), but you can at least get a sense of what you can shoot with what.

I did feel like even the 840 (600x1.4) wasn't enough for great eagle shots on the tour we chose. Oh well... :(

I forgot to circle back here and post our pictures, so here goes:

Not a lot to see in the set, but those of you on this thread will likely enjoy the series near the end where I show the range of lenses we took. I went up on deck 19 aft, port side, and aimed at the bridge. You'll see shots from the 11-24, 24-105, 100-400, 600, and 600&1.4x. I left lots of other lenses back in the room (too much to carry and nothing truly gained), but you can at least get a sense of what you can shoot with what.

I did feel like even the 840 (600x1.4) wasn't enough for great eagle shots on the tour we chose. Oh well... :(

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome shots with us! Sadly, I only go to 400; so be thankful for your 600 HaHa