Cruise Critic Community
Ms Jo UK

Drinks menu Oasis

I think I read that the price of drinks is no longer shown on the drinks menu on Oasis. Is this correct or have I imagined it?

Edited by Ms Jo UK

I think I read that the price of drinks is no longer shown on the drinks menu on Oasis. Is this correct or have I imagined it?

Don't know about Oasis, but that certainly is the case on Explorer and Adventure.

Thanks for this Bob I imagine it is fleet wide. How do you know how much a drink is before you order it?

Thanks for this Bob I imagine it is fleet wide. How do you know how much a drink is before you order it?

I ask the bar server to tell me the price before I order a drink.

Oh I am chuckling away at your reply so obvious I feel dumb blame it on the fact it is 3.30 am here. Thank you for responding to such a silly question.

Oh I am chuckling away at your reply so obvious I feel dumb blame it on the fact it is 3.30 am here. Thank you for responding to such a silly question.

Not silly. Most people won't ask the price. I'm hoping if everyone asks the price, maybe they will put the prices back on the drink menus.

Just wondering; how would I know if my drink package covers the drink I want, if there is no price visible?

I mean; there is a certain (was it 12 usd) limit on drinks which are included in the Premium package and for wine maybe 8 usd, if I remember correctly.

Can I just ask for a mohito, margarita, pinacolada or whatever and assume they make it to fit the limit, if I show my stamp on the seapass? How would they do it? Change into cheaper liqueur maybe? What if I had told them to use a specific brand?

I have had the package twice, but then the prices were there so I would know not to order something which was more than the limit.

How about nowadays? Any experience on this?

Just wondering; how would I know if my drink package covers the drink I want, if there is no price visible?

I mean; there is a certain (was it 12 usd) limit on drinks which are included in the Premium package and for wine maybe 8 usd, if I remember correctly.

Can I just ask for a mohito, margarita, pinacolada or whatever and assume they make it to fit the limit, if I show my stamp on the seapass? How would they do it? Change into cheaper liqueur maybe? What if I had told them to use a specific brand?

I have had the package twice, but then the prices were there so I would know not to order something which was more than the limit.

Good point! I didn't consider this for my upcoming cruise! I like grey goose martinis

Generally, if you us the term "house", for example, "house margarita", they will use the least expensive liquor. However, I would still ask the price before ordering, just to be sure. Some bars might only have the top shelf liquor (at least that's the excuse we got), so you never know what they will charge if you don't ask.

Edited by clarea

Generally, if you us the term "house", for example, "house margarita", they will use the least expensive liquor. However, I would still ask the price before ordering, just to be sure. Some bars might only have the top shelf liquor (at least that's the excuse we got), so you never know what they will charge if you don't ask.

Uh, this will make using the drink package inconvenient. The reason behind ordering it is either to save money (to get money's worth) or convenience of not having to worry about the cost. If I still have to ask if it's going to cost me something and just how much, it will be most annoying.

Just when I thought having to sign a 0.00 slip every time is inconvenient enough since I still pay 15 % (or 18%) tip anyways, so I will not want to be left feeling I would need to tip more. I like the auto-tips since the whole concept of tipping is strange enough for us Scandinavians.

Uh, this will make using the drink package inconvenient. The reason behind ordering it is either to save money (to get money's worth) or convenience of not having to worry about the cost. If I still have to ask if it's going to cost me something and just how much, it will be most annoying.

Just when I thought having to sign a 0.00 slip every time is inconvenient enough since I still pay 15 % (or 18%) tip anyways, so I will not want to be left feeling I would need to tip more. I like the auto-tips since the whole concept of tipping is strange enough for us Scandinavians.

I read a month or 2 ago that the missing drink prices were a miss-print and that they were going to get new menus; this coming from a quote made by the CEO.

Guess they are either taking their sweet time getting the new menus out or the quote was a lie.

If you purchase the Ultimate package, would that not pretty much cover every drink (the website does claim that it covers virtually their whole stock')

I would hope not to worry about getting an extra bill for drinks if I had purchased the Ultimate package??

Anyone have experience with this?

If you purchase the Ultimate package, would that not pretty much cover every drink (the website does claim that it covers virtually their whole stock')

I would hope not to worry about getting an extra bill for drinks if I had purchased the Ultimate package??

Anyone have experience with this?

The Ultimate package does not include every drink. It only includes cocktails and glasses of wine up to $12. Anything you get that is more than $12 will cost you the difference.

Edited by clarea

This sounds a bit sneaky to me.

If it's not a printing error that will be rectified soon (but hopefully it is) it can only be to rip people off, surely? :confused:

We don't buy the drink package, and we like to know in advance how much we're being charged. I don't want to have to ask each time!

The Ultimate package does not include every drink. It only includes cocktails and glasses of wine up to $12. Anything you get that is more than $12 will cost you the difference.

Wow, when you are purchasing the Ultimate they make you feel like there is no limit.

The following is from RC's website;

What do you get when you mix our Royal Replenish and Premium Beverage Packages? The Ultimate Beverage Package*.

It's the best of both worlds.

Our entire stock of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages is yours to choose from. Enjoy virtually unlimited combinations on everything from cocktails with top-shelf spirits to premium teas and every beverage in between.

Wow, when you are purchasing the Ultimate they make you feel like there is no limit.

The following is from RC's website;

What do you get when you mix our Royal Replenish and Premium Beverage Packages? The Ultimate Beverage Package*.

It's the best of both worlds.

Our entire stock of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages is yours to choose from. Enjoy virtually unlimited combinations on everything from cocktails with top-shelf spirits to premium teas and every beverage in between.

Yes, Royal's marketing people did a good job on that one.

Does the drink menu in the MDR still provide prices? It can get tricky with wine when you have a drink package limit.

The MDR wine menu still shows the price of bottles and glasses of wine.

Give them time.

This sounds a bit sneaky to me.

If it's not a printing error that will be rectified soon (but hopefully it is) it can only be to rip people off, surely? :confused:

We don't buy the drink package, and we like to know in advance how much we're being charged. I don't want to have to ask each time!

I have also heard several people say they were charged one price for a drink and another price at a different bar for the exact same drink. Now that is fishy.

Yes--The drink prices are "supposed" to be on all bar menus. Here is my email response from the CEO of Royal. This is dated Dec 16 2014--I am going to resend his response to him if I hear that this has not been happening. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Received this email reply within 10 minutes after I sent it to Mr. Bayley. Sounds like he is an outstanding executive.

Do not worry. The prices were ommitted by mistake and menus are being re printed.

Sent from IBM Notes Traveler

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

Tel: 305 539-6107

Cel: 786 282-4578

Fax: 305 982-2403

MBayley@rccl.com

Denny --- Drink prices ---

To: "" <mbayley@rccl.com>

Date: Tue, Dec 16, 2014 2:03 PM

Subject: Drink prices

Mr. Bayley--my wife and I are sailing on the Allure on Nov 29, 2015. This is our second Royal cruise. We are staying in a Grand Suite. Please put the drink prices on all of the bar menus. Thanks.

Royal

Could someone tell me what drinks would be more than $12 (with tip incl) ?

I just assumed with buying the Ultimate drink package that everything would be covered.

Thanks

I think most drinks are covered.

The ones that are not are going to be your 40 year old scotch, bottles of wine and even some wine by the glass.

Others have said that if you want a vodka and 7 with Grey Goose or other premium liquor it will be $12 or under.