STAR- Any recent travelers in a mini-suite?

KRANKYK

Hi -- I haven't seen anything recent regarding the Star on the boards and I am looking for info/reviews about the mini-suites.

Does anyone have a recent review, info or photos with regards to the mini-suites? I am booked on deck 11 in the front -- Is that a nice location? I hear the balconies are larger on this deck - is this true?

Just curious and anxious for my own trip in November!!

Thanks fellow cruisers! :)

We're scheduled on the Star's 11/01 sailing. The mini-suite cabins are 284 sq feet vs 202 sq feet for balcony. The interior portion of the cabin is approx. 64 sqf larger and the balcony is 18sqf. If you look at a side view, you can see that Deck 11 is extended out from the ship approx. 1.5 feet so it is deeper than balconies on the lower decks.

We're booked in 11032 which is also towards the bow of the ship. I love to listen to the wave action at night; it's very tranquill and relaxing. So, our first choice is to be towards the front.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Hi -- I haven't seen anything recent regarding the Star on the boards and I am looking for info/reviews about the mini-suites.

Does anyone have a recent review, info or photos with regards to the mini-suites? I am booked on deck 11 in the front -- Is that a nice location? I hear the balconies are larger on this deck - is this true?

Take a look at my pictures of our mini-suite on the Star. We were in #11556. Which mini-suite will you be in?

We stayed in a mini Suite on our June 26th cruise...suite 11186. There was a little noise during the day from above, you could hear what sounded like kids running, but not a problem at all. There are no Mini Suites directly under the kids pool...that's where the spa is located. The mini suite was a good size, and the bathroom was very nice. We had four of us...the two kids (8 and 15) slept on the sofa bed with no problem. Even when the bed was pulled out, you could access the balcony with no problem. The closet had plenty of storage...not the most convenient, but workable. Plenty of storage under the beds for luggage. We got pretty creative with storage, as I don't like things sitting around. It was all very workable. The balcony was a good size, and because it juts out from the ship, you have a great view forward and aft. The Bathroom was very niced with the tub/shower combo...great water pressure. Shelves under the sink...more storage!!! We loved our Mini Suite!!! More questions...just ask :D

Leah and Wayne, thanks - having looked at the deck plans it seems 11186 is way down the back and in a different prioce range to our AF's. I have been offered cabins in the 11062 - 11100 range which look right under the pool chairs. So will wait for other comments before booking! Cheers

We stayed in a mini Suite on our June 26th cruise...suite 11186. There was a little noise during the day from above, you could hear what sounded like kids running, but not a problem at all. There are no Mini Suites directly under the kids pool...that's where the spa is located. The mini suite was a good size, and the bathroom was very nice. We had four of us...the two kids (8 and 15) slept on the sofa bed with no problem. Even when the bed was pulled out, you could access the balcony with no problem. The closet had plenty of storage...not the most convenient, but workable. Plenty of storage under the beds for luggage. We got pretty creative with storage, as I don't like things sitting around. It was all very workable. The balcony was a good size, and because it juts out from the ship, you have a great view forward and aft. The Bathroom was very niced with the tub/shower combo...great water pressure. Shelves under the sink...more storage!!! We loved our Mini Suite!!! More questions...just ask :D

Great info Tahoestarr! Thanks! We will be in #11006 which I beleive has a meeting room above it.....?

It will be just 2 people in our mini-suite, so I am sure we will have plenty of room.

Looking forward to our trip!!

I have sailed on the Dawn (sister to the Star) and stayed in a mini-suite for the 12-day Exotic Caribbean cruise. The mini suite is perfect for 2. Lots of storage, nice bathroom, lovely balcony. It took us the entire 12 days to finally discover the light inside the closet! Duh.

Because I traveled with a girlfriend and not my hubby, we used both the twins *made into a Queen* and the sofa *made into a double*. We closed the thick drape in between for privacy. It's good to block out the morning sun too. Even with the sofa opened there was plenty of walking room.

Hubby and I sail again on 9/25 on the Start in mini-suite 11026 (Fwd). We prefer Aft, but none were available. Mini-suites are quite comfortable.

We just got back from our 8/28 cruise to Alaska and were in AF 11076 which is in the middle to front. We did hear some noise from above as some stated, it sounded like someone running but it was never bothersome and we only noticed it if we were on our balcony. We traveled with our two girls 13 & 6 and we had absolutely no problem fitting comfortably, we just kept it picked up.

I loved the cabin and would book it again in a heartbeat - enjoy your trip!

We just returned from our 8/28 Alaska cruise and we were in Cabin 11062 Starboard and Aft. WE did hear running when we were out on the balcony but not when we were inside the room. Having said that, we also heard kids running up and down the hallways, yelling and screaming. There seemed to be alot of kids on this cruise which was just fine. Our cabin was very nice, plenty of storage. WE did notice that the wood creaked a bit when we had a few rougher nights at sea, but we think it was not as rough as our Carribean cruise last year. The mini-suite was beautiful and worth it to have the balcony. Hope you have a nice cruise too.

Leah and Wayne, thanks - having looked at the deck plans it seems 11186 is way down the back and in a different prioce range to our AF's. I have been offered cabins in the 11062 - 11100 range which look right under the pool chairs. So will wait for other comments before booking! Cheers

My parents were in 11068 and had the noise of the kids running on the pool deck. We were in PH 11050 a few doors down from them and there was no noise at all. The noise was not troublesome for them but enough to comment on it. If they were to go again though, they would select a different location if it was available.

Here are my pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingfrommn

Archived