Hgwells01

Is there always a Mariners embarkation lunch?

[quote name='Crew News']Her is the Mariner's Embarkation Menu from our Dec 2014 cruise:

[URL]http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Mariner-Society-Embarkation-Luncheon.pdf[/URL][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]

That is the same as the one on-board Oosterdam in April/May this year.

Ray in NH[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="3"]Mariner Embarkation Lunch is to very soon ( if not already on most of the ships) a thing of the past and ANYONE can go to the Main Dining Room for lunch not just Mariners :) So you have you choice where you want to dine upon Embarkation.[/SIZE]

[B]I actually am happy to hear it. I have always felt anyone should be permitted to have lunch in MDR on Embarkation if they wish.

[/B]

[quote name='LAFFNVEGAS'][SIZE="3"]Mariner Embarkation Lunch is to very soon ( if not already on most of the ships) a thing of the past and ANYONE can go to the Main Dining Room for lunch not just Mariners :) So you have you choice where you want to dine upon Embarkation.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

On our June 15th, Statendam cruise there was no embarkation lunch for Mariners, and the dining room was closed for a private party!! I think we
ended up at the dive in!

[quote name='pv girl']You can't always count on the dining room being opened on embarking. On my recent cruise, there was a special private luncheon being held for local officials and the Princess of Netherlands. This also delayed boarding by about an hour, but they served sandwiches and cold drinks in the waiting area. However, I received an invitation for a special mariner's reception in the Crow's Nest for 4-5pm - so this seemed like a substitute. Or a new tradition?

Still had the usual Mariner's luncheon on last sea day with tiles, set menu, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe there was a Welcome Mariner's reception on our cruise on June 15, the dining room was closed for a private "something". there was a
Mariners luncheon later in the cruise, where we got our tiles!