1st Time in St Kitts

MrsCJag

We've cruised 3 times, all western Caribbean, this will be our 1st Eastern Caribbean cruise, trying to figure out what the best feature of St Kitts would be, the train looks interesting but not a fan of spending a lot of time sitting down. What is the best snorkeling/beach destination? We're wondering if a catamaran to Nevis is worth it or is it just as good to stay around St. kitts?

Any feedback appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We have taken the train ride and loved it.

We also have been to the Brimstone Fortress -- interesting and great views.

We were going to go to Nevis last November, but discovered that not many people signed up so the catamaran was substituted for a small ferry boat.

We've cruised 3 times, all western Caribbean, this will be our 1st Eastern Caribbean cruise, trying to figure out what the best feature of St Kitts would be, the train looks interesting but not a fan of spending a lot of time sitting down. What is the best snorkeling/beach destination? We're wondering if a catamaran to Nevis is worth it or is it just as good to stay around St. kitts?

Any feedback appreciated!

Hi MrsCJag....MY DW and I have been to St.Kitts dozens of times. I would consider spending a day at St.Kitts Marriott. It is a beautiful property and the pool has a swim-up bar. The beach is nice but a little rough. For a fee you can either do an all inclusive there for the day or pay cash at the pool. I took a group off the ship to the St.Kitts Marriott and we had a blast. I think we paid $40 per person to enjoy the all-inclusive amenity at the resort.

jcruise

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your input. The catamaran trip was full so we ended up doing a "rail & sail" tour - Scenic railway in the morning and then a catamaran sail on the way back, would recommend it for sure :)

Can't wait for our next cruise!

M

I was looking into the rail and sail for our trip in August. Were you able to see the volcano? All my son wants to do on St. Kitts is see the volcano! Lol this momma can in no way hike up it so I figure a drive by is all he's getting. Also I have read some reviews that said the train part was too long and there were not enough seats. Did you think so?

The train has a seat for every passenger. I of the seats will be in the lower air conditioned part of the car and the other seat is in the open air upper portion of the car. You will be able to see the volcano on your train excursion but you would not know that it is a volcano by the ride. The mountain is for the most part is covered with trees & other vegetation.