NEW Suite Upgrades....

We did get fruit baskets on Liberty in January. One from the Master and one from the Hotel Director. I would like to see an open bar ship wide in the evening rather than just in the CL. When on vacation I want to be outside. Interested in what they have to offer. Booked our first Aquatheater suite on Oasis in 2016.

We are getting married on the Allure of the Seas and will be in our first ever suite with a Crown Loft. Can't wait to see what they come out with for more perks. I thought I was already going to be spoiled.

We are getting married on the Allure of the Seas and will be in our first ever suite with a Crown Loft. Can't wait to see what they come out with for more perks. I thought I was already going to be spoiled.

Congratulations. You will love the Crown Loft. They are my favorite cabins...so far! Your first suite will make you feel spoiled. Its hard to go back IMO. Enjoy it.

I'd like to see more consistency between ships,

Yes!!!

For example- both Radiance class ships:

On Brilliance, they were way ahead of the game and already started moving the CL up to the Hollywood Odyssey lounge. Large space and enough for all. Dedicated area in the WJ-as I do love my Jammer!!;). Breakfast and lunch-we all knew where to meet if we were doing buffet that meal! I'm not a big fan of the sit down breakfast on Radiance class at all. Too slow.

On Jewel-still used the small CL that spilled out into the hallway/Yacht club area. No WJ area for morning and lunch meals at all.

Both of the above ships had no reserved pool seating at all.

Now Voyager class-that was the best so far. Lounge was crowded and some times no room for us at all could be the only downfall. Reserved pool seats, Breakfast and lunch could be had in Portofino so i could still do buffet I chose to. Excellent!!

If I do sail Royal again, it will be Freedom class and I hear suite perks are the same as Voyager although reserved pool area is not good at all and lounge is often overcrowded also.

Just all the above differences are something Royal might want to clear up with these new changes. If coastal kitchen/suite lounge could go fleet wide-I'd be thrilled too!! Give me a complimentary drink package instead of hoping to find a seat in the lounge might be nice too!:)

Congrats, I tried to talk my wife into getting married on the ship 24 years ago, could not do it. But got engaged on RCCL and honeymooned on the old SS Norway

I'd like to see ....... upgraded bed lines, a pillow menu, upgraded bath towels, toiletries, a bath menu (selection of different bath salts/soaps), fresh flowers, fruit baskets, Bon voyage sparkling wine, evening canapés/petitfores, enhanced balcony furnishings, butler service (excluding JS), free laundry, free internet minutes (based on suite category), enhanced on demand movie/tv offerings for free, coastal kitchen rolled out fleet wide, free drinks package (excluding JS).....

Basically mirror the Celebrity Suite enhancements

RCI suites already are supposed to have many of the items you listed. I've highlighted those that we got in our GS on Serenade in February. I like your other ideas, too.

p.s. Cruising on NCL and Celebrity with my wines of choice do stack the odds against RCI a bit, but so far, our whole family really fits with RCI has to offer.

Has Celebrity lifted the 2 bottle maximum on wines? RCI now allows you two as well.

Yes!!!

For example- both Radiance class ships:

On Brilliance, they were way ahead of the game and already started moving the CL up to the Hollywood Odyssey lounge. Large space and enough for all. Dedicated area in the WJ-as I do love my Jammer!!;). Breakfast and lunch-we all knew where to meet if we were doing buffet that meal! I'm not a big fan of the sit down breakfast on Radiance class at all. Too slow.

On Jewel-still used the small CL that spilled out into the hallway/Yacht club area. No WJ area for morning and lunch meals at all.

Both of the above ships had no reserved pool seating at all.

Now Voyager class-that was the best so far. Lounge was crowded and some times no room for us at all could be the only downfall. Reserved pool seats, Breakfast and lunch could be had in Portofino so i could still do buffet I chose to. Excellent!!

If I do sail Royal again, it will be Freedom class and I hear suite perks are the same as Voyager although reserved pool area is not good at all and lounge is often overcrowded also.

Just all the above differences are something Royal might want to clear up with these new changes. If coastal kitchen/suite lounge could go fleet wide-I'd be thrilled too!! Give me a complimentary drink package instead of hoping to find a seat in the lounge might be nice too!:)

Jewel hasn't had her refurbishment yet, so that's why the old CL is still in place. They usually use the Hollywood Odyssey for overflow, while the Diamond Event is across the hall in the disco. Were they not doing that on your cruise? That should change in early 2016 when she has her drydock.

Reserved outdoor seating on both ships is on Deck 11 all the way forward. It's a terrible location - it's only accessible from Deck 12 and of course there's no roving waiter servicing the area. I've never seen anybody using it other than for looking out over the ocean.

And last time we sailed on Jewel (and Brilliance) they had breakfast in Chops for gold card holders. They have cooked to order items that come out quickly along with a buffet for cold items (fruits, meats & cheeses, yogurt, cereal, etc.). We did enjoy the reserved WJ area on Brilliance, but I wonder if they still have it now that they've taken over some of the WJ seating for specialty restaurants - when did you sail on her?

Edited by critterchick

Next Cruise Desk should have dedicated times for only suite guests. Block off an hour every other day or something like that.

Done on oasis. One of the LA's comes to the suite lounge during the cruise to handle request by suite passengers. They stayed till everyone was taken care of, no set time limit.

And last time we sailed on Jewel (and Brilliance) they had breakfast in Chops for gold card holders. They have cooked to order items that come out quickly along with a buffet for cold items (fruits, meats & cheeses, yogurt, cereal, etc.). We did enjoy the reserved WJ area on Brilliance, but I wonder if they still have it now that they've taken over some of the WJ seating for specialty restaurants - when did you sail on her?

On the Serenade last week, Gold card breakfast was in the dining room, and there wasn't a reserved area in the Windjammer.

critterchick-

Sailed on Jewel January of last year.

If the HO was used as an overflow-no one ever told me of that.

we did have the cooked to order breakfast but no reserved section of the WJ.

On Brilliance, we had the choice of the cooked to order or a section of the WJ. The HO was the evening cocktail hour and deck 10 was still open for coffee and continental breakfast in the AM.

Keeping in mind, when I sailed both of these ships, neither had a refurb but still were two completely different experiences.

I was very surprised that my experience on Brilliance the year before was far better then Jewel. Yes, these were prior to the refurbish and a while ago but was trying to point out how both ships, in the same condition turned out a completely different experience.

That's why I'm casting a vote for more consistency within the line!!;)

Done on oasis. One of the LA's comes to the suite lounge during the cruise to handle request by suite passengers. They stayed till everyone was taken care of, no set time limit.

Also on the Allure one of the LA'S went to the CL to take care of people.

critterchick-

Sailed on Jewel January of last year.

If the HO was used as an overflow-no one ever told me of that.

we did have the cooked to order breakfast but no reserved section of the WJ.

On Brilliance, we had the choice of the cooked to order or a section of the WJ. The HO was the evening cocktail hour and deck 10 was still open for coffee and continental breakfast in the AM.

Keeping in mind, when I sailed both of these ships, neither had a refurb but still were two completely different experiences.

I was very surprised that my experience on Brilliance the year before was far better then Jewel. Yes, these were prior to the refurbish and a while ago but was trying to point out how both ships, in the same condition turned out a completely different experience.

That's why I'm casting a vote for more consistency within the line!!;)

Gotcha, and I completely agree. And not just for suite perks, either.

We experienced our first crown loft in January and it was amazing! We have booked another for next February. You will love it, and you won't want to cruise in anything but the lofts-Congrats!

Got email from on line travel agent today that they are offering exclusive suite upgrades. Very similar to Celebrity suite upgrades except no suite dining room and nothing at all for junior suites. At least sky suites get the new restaurant. Sounds like Royal is giving them head start on new program. Did not see start date.

Got email from on line travel agent today that they are offering exclusive suite upgrades. Very similar to Celebrity suite upgrades except no suite dining room and nothing at all for junior suites. At least sky suites get the new restaurant. Sounds like Royal is giving them head start on new program. Did not see start date.

Similar how? Drinks packages? Free internet? Free specialty dining?

Please elaborate.

Also on the Allure one of the LA'S went to the CL to take care of people.

Interesting. I've been in Grand Suites (& am Diamond Plus) twice on Allure and never saw an LA in the Concierge Lounge. On any ship as a matter of fact. :confused:

Three rows on features, can't figure out how to copy website. Here is first row

Complimentary fruit plate

and bottled water on boarding day

• Luxury spa bathrobes for your use onboard

• Fine bath toiletries

• In-room coffee maker with

complimentary coffee

• In-room tea kettle with complimentary tea

• Exclusive pillow menu with four pillow options

• Complimentary pressing service on the first formal night

• Complimentary luggage valet with onboard check-in service (for select airlines on select itineraries)

• Invitation to the exclusive Captain’s Welcome Aboard Reception

(on cruise vacations 4 nights or longer)

• Personalized Port & Shopping advice

• Priority tender tickets (on select itineraries)

• Private consultation with Parkside Gallery (Oasis-class ships only)

• In-room Playstation with games available from the Concierge􏰀*

• Limited exclusive pool deck seating (For Suite guests/Gold SeaPass card holders only. Available on Voyager and Freedom class ships only.)

• Limited exclusive Suite Sun Zone seating (For Suite guests/Gold SeaPass card holders only. Available on Oasis and Quantum class ships only.)

• Limited reserved seats for shows in the main theater, Studio B and AquaTheater (For Suite guests/Gold SeaPass card holders only. AquaTheater seating available on the Oasis-class ships only. Reserved seating will be released

10 minutes prior to the start of the show.)

• Priority departure, including an exclusive suite􏰀* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

• Complimentary binoculars for your use onboard

(Alaska, Asia, Europe and South American itineraries only)

Edited by Wickets

• Fine bath toiletries

complimentary coffee

• Complimentary luggage valet with onboard check-in service (for select airlines on select itineraries)

• Limited exclusive pool deck seating (For Suite guests/Gold SeaPass card holders only. Available on Voyager and Freedom class ships only.)

• Limited exclusive Suite Sun Zone seating (For Suite guests/Gold SeaPass card holders only. Available on Oasis and Quantum class ships only.)

• Limited reserved seats for shows in the main theater, Studio B and AquaTheater (For Suite guests/Gold SeaPass card holders only. AquaTheater seating available on the Oasis-class ships only. Reserved seating will be released

• Priority departure, including an exclusive suite􏰀* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

We get these already. Anxious to see the new ones! Thanks.

Interesting. I've been in Grand Suites (& am Diamond Plus) twice on Allure and never saw an LA in the Concierge Lounge. On any ship as a matter of fact. :confused:

It was the 2/15th sailing, President's Week. It was the first time I had seen/noticed it. I am assuming that is why he was sitting up there in the area just to the left of the Concierges. Also I do not know why Tapa changed my post that you quoted as being from redcrown01.

• Fine bath toiletries

complimentary coffee

That looks like what GS and above already get.

Our Concierge Lounge is available for your use 24 hours a day and is staffed with a dedicated Concierge, who will attend to your individual needs in a relaxed lounge environment

(Please see the back for the Concierge hours.)

• Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary beverages from the bar served in the Concierge Lounge every evening

• DVDs and CDs available to borrow during Concierge Lounge hours

• Business services (faxing, copying, etc.) (A concierge lounge is not available on Majesty of the Seas[emoji768])

CONCIERGE SERVICES

• Shore Excursions and onboard Sport Activities

• Spa treatments and salon appointments

• Arrangement of private parties

• Reservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants and My Time Dining􏰀[emoji768]

in our main dining room

• Exclusive Barefoot Beach plus Cabana rental in Labadee􏰀[emoji768], our private destination in Haiti

Our Concierge Lounge is available for your use 24 hours a day and is staffed with a dedicated Concierge, who will attend to your individual needs in a relaxed lounge environment

(Please see the back for the Concierge hours.)

• Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary beverages from the bar served in the Concierge Lounge every evening

• DVDs and CDs available to borrow during Concierge Lounge hours

• Business services (faxing, copying, etc.) (A concierge lounge is not available on Majesty of the Seas[emoji768])

CONCIERGE SERVICES

• Shore Excursions and onboard Sport Activities

• Spa treatments and salon appointments

• Arrangement of private parties

• Reservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants and My Time Dining􏰀[emoji768]

in our main dining room

• Exclusive Barefoot Beach plus Cabana rental in Labadee􏰀[emoji768], our private destination in Haiti

Once again, nothing new.