NEW Suite Upgrades....

Cle-guy,

Is the Lounge access 24hr?

Do they serve drink other than the Happy hours?

Lounge is open 24 hours, staffed by concierge for probably 8 hours or so a day, schedule posted in the lounge, morning and evenings, mid day off.

Bartender most times until about 10 pm. Maybe less visible mid-day depending on itinerary and sea/port day.

After 10 pm, beer coolers get locked, but water and soda coolers are left unlocked.

They will seek out your preferred beverage from whatever bar and stock it, if you have an affinity for any particular spirit or wine (within reason). The will send someone to Martini bar to get a martini if you want one of those beverages and bring back to the lounge.

... Thanks! Can you tell me how you tip a butler through your stay? What are some things that you have, ask or expect of a butler?

Here's a reply I made a few pages back in this thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47427598&postcount=1442

As to tipping, they get automatic gratuity. Celebrity has 3 levels of gratuities - 1 for standard cabins, 1 for enhanced Aqua and Concierge Cabins ,and a higher gratuity for cabins with butlers (Butler gets $3.50 pp pd and cabin steward also gets a tip as part of standard grats)

I do not tip beyond unless I host a party in the suite, then tip an extra $50-$100 for each gathering. Sometimes I give cash, other times I go to guest services and have it added to my folio.

Just in case there was anybody still wondering if RCI was going to honor bookings that were made before Sept 8th.

They just removed my Ultimate Beverage Package and pre-paid gratuities from my reservation cost for my sailing in June 2016.

Bottom line...without a doubt...they ARE giving all passengers sailing in a suite after May 1st, 2016, Royal Suite Class Benefits. (Based on the proper catagory)

Edited by Bdchili

Just in case there was anybody still wondering if RCI was going to honor bookings that were made before Sept 8th.

They just removed my Ultimate Beverage Package and pre-paid gratuities from my reservation cost for my sailing in June 2016.

Bottom line...without a doubt...they ARE giving all passengers sailing in a suite after May 1st, 2016, Royal Suite Class Benefits. (Based on the proper catagory)

Since RCI is including existing bookings in the Royal Suites Class program made prior to May 1, 2016, the September 8th date has been eliminated.

Edited by cruisenfever

What suite do you have that they removed charge for drink package ?

Thanks

Hi Sue!

This is one of the benefits of the new Star Class suites on the Oasis and Quantum class ships.

The suites that qualify for these benefits are:

Royal Loft Suite

Owner’s Loft

Four-Bedroom Family Suite

Grand Loft

Sky Loft Suite

Two-Bedroom AquaTheater Suite

You can find details on the changes at the following website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass

Hope that helps!

What's the average cost difference between the 1 and 2 bedroom Aqua Class Suites? I've got a 1 bedroom booked on the Harmony for early '17, but did not see any availability for the 2 bedroom suites - even when I went back in and increased the guest count. I looked at a couple of other dates, and they were not showing there either. Do those usually get booked first, or do they not always show as available?

Thanks,

Tom

What's the average cost difference between the 1 and 2 bedroom Aqua Class Suites? I've got a 1 bedroom booked on the Harmony for early '17, but did not see any availability for the 2 bedroom suites - even when I went back in and increased the guest count. I looked at a couple of other dates, and they were not showing there either. Do those usually get booked first, or do they not always show as available?

Thanks,

Tom

Not bookable online since the form tops out at 4 passengers. You can tell if they are available if you click on the show me cabins not available for online booking button

Edited by John&LaLa

What would be nice is Royal offering those staying in a Sky class room a choice of one of the Star class benefits. This would entice me to book one of those rooms if I would not have considered it before. I don't think the Royal Suite Class program sucks but it is fairly weak if you're staying in a Sky class room. I can see how the new benefits in the Star class will entice people who don't normally book suites to book one of those rooms. Not so sure the same attraction is there to book a Sky class room. But as many of you have said, the Sky class suites are usually sold out so Royal probably does not think they need to provide any significant incentive.

They were allowing online booking of A1 in early January for 4 people. It varies.

An A1 is available on my June 7th, 5 night Harmony sailing for just 2 passengers. At around $3800 more than my GS, I do not think I will jump on the opportunity.

Stateroom 8730 A1 Diamond discount.

Stateroom Total $6,516.54 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare:

$4,349.00 $4,349.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses:

$59.27 $59.27

Discount:

($125.00) ($2,175.00)

Per Person Total:

$4,283.27 $2,233.27

An A1 is available on my June 7th, 5 night Harmony sailing for just 2 passengers. At around $3800 more than my GS, I do not think I will jump on the opportunity.

Stateroom 8730 A1 Diamond discount.

Stateroom Total $6,516.54 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare:

$4,349.00 $4,349.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses:

$59.27 $59.27

Discount:

($125.00) ($2,175.00)

Per Person Total:

$4,283.27 $2,233.27

Our (7-night) March '17 sailing is running $6,592 for a deck 12 "A3".

I just called about the deck 10 (A2), but they're holding it for a minimum of 5 guests - about 8 grand for the first two plus fees - then $849 for 3rd/4th/5th.

Tom

Do you recall the price

For A1 deck 8 I think it was ~$4700pp for the first two, $699 pp additional. Port fees were around $109pp iirc

So it has gone way up. I calculated that the 8 person price that other poster mentioned had to be around $2800 pp for the first two.

$10,670 - $880 port fees for 8 - $4200 3rd and 4th... and divide remainder by two.

A1 might be priced a little higher than an A2 to begin with.

Edited by marci22

Our (7-night) March '17 sailing is running $6,592 for a deck 12 "A3".

I just called about the deck 10 (A2), but they're holding it for a minimum of 5 guests - about 8 grand for the first two plus fees - then $849 for 3rd/4th/5th.

Tom

Hey Tom... There are no A3 aqua suites on the harmony... Only A1, A2, A4

There are A2s are on deck 9/10

A1s deck 8

A4s deck 14 I think

A1/A2 hold 8 people.... And some sailings don't make you have 5 people.

Expensive, yes, but if several people going in on it can be very reasonable

You know what I found shocking is the presidential suite for 14 people is only $20,140

Hey Tom... There are no A3 aqua suites on the harmony... Only A1, A2, A4

There are A2s are on deck 9/10

A1s deck 8

A4s deck 14 I think

A1/A2 hold 8 people.... And some sailings don't make you have 5 people.

Expensive, yes, but if several people going in on it can be very reasonable

You know what I found shocking is the presidential suite for 14 people is only $20,140

11 and 12 had A3 last time I looked :what:

For A1 deck 8 I think it was ~$4700pp for the first two, $699 pp additional. Port fees were around $109pp iirc

So it has gone way up. I calculated that the 8 person price that other poster mentioned had to be around $2800 pp for the first two.

$10,670 - $880 port fees for 8 - $4200 3rd and 4th... and divide remainder by two.

A1 might be priced a little higher than an A2 to begin with.

I'm just guessing I'm the other poster ;)... I looked 1st & 2nd guest was $2908.22 and all 6 additional guest were at 809.22 for an A2 on deck 10

When we originally booked the price for 8 was 13,173, then the price drop with the 30/30 brought it down to that nice 10K price

A1 is more pricey due to biggest sq footage inside and balcony of all the Aqua suites

A2 today priced out at 14,143.32 for 8 people... So has increased around $3500

In the end pays off for us as 6 of 8 contributing towards cabin... 6 of 8 don't have to worry about how much we drink now, no grats, nor are we looking at a 400 plus bill to go out to one specialty dinner... So for us definitely economical.

i do not know why there are no A3s either, but I spent a very long time on the phone with the inventory department as when I first jumped on the aqua suite I was given a price and then inventory realized that it is not just like sister ships... There are no a3s... All I can say is call if you are suppose to be in an A3, because there is no such thing on the harmony... Be prepared to be on the phone a long time

I'm just guessing I'm the other poster ;)... I looked 1st & 2nd guest was $2908.22 and all 6 additional guest were at 809.22 for an A2 on deck 10

When we originally booked the price for 8 was 13,173, then the price drop with the 30/30 brought it down to that nice 10K price

wow you are lucky to get that price drop. Was there still an A2 showing online when you got the drop? (so you could see that it went down) or did you call and ask to reprice under the 30/30?

Edited by marci22

wow you are lucky to get that price drop. Was there still an A2 showing online when you got the drop? (so you could see that it went down) or did you call and ask to reprice under the 30/30?

I do not remember if there was an A2, actually other posters were mentioning on threads there was a price drop...that was in june. I booked beginning of april originally, but i do call often to see if there migbt be another price drop :D. One can always hope...

I booked an A-2 Aqua Suite 2 bedroom before the suite perks were announced.

I was able to book with 4 people....$2943.00 for 1-2 and $849 for 3-4 plus taxes and port fees. With the new suite perks (we don't sail until March 2017) I don't think the pricing was too bad...I have always wanted to book an Aqua Suite!