Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pathubia

Wedding Cruise on the Majesty, 08-28

What a great time!!

The wedding through the ship was ok, not great but it was fine. I think if I had been a 1st time bride I would have been disapointed. They would only allow us a 1 hour reception, so things were really rushed. Our guests didnt have to leave the ship right away, they stayed onboard until about 3:00 (that really gave us a head start on our room charges :eek: . I was the bride that was wore her wedding dress to the muster drill, (not enough time to change). The wedding and reception was held in the Polo Room which was kind of dark, but very pretty. We did go to the top deck and have pictures taken with Boston in the background, very nice.

A few mishaps, the groom forgot to pack any shoes besides the tux shoes, so he was barefoot until the ship's gift shop opened up and he could buy flip flops...I forgot my veil, but not my tiara....

We didnt go to any of the production shows, but did love the Not So Newlywed Show, the Liars Club and the comedian, David Nester.

We took a taxi to Horseshoe Bay on Tuesday. The water was pretty rough and lots of seaweed...But lots of fun. We took a taxi back and had dinner at LeBistro with one of the other families that was traveling with us. Wednesday we took the ferry to the Dockyard, the kids swam and snorkeled at the Snorkel Park, we ate at the Frog and Onion with our vouchers, it was good, but kind of slow and we really had to rush to get the kids to their Dolphin Excursion. We took the ferry to Hamilton and then the bus to St George. After we had dinner we took the bus back to Hamilton for the street fair. I thought that was the most disappointing part of Bermuda. It was crowded and pretty boring. Back to the ship after a really crowded bus ride. Thursday we did the Turtle Bay Catarmaran Tour, absolutely the best excursion in Bermuda. We left at 1 and got back around 4, we saw lots of turtles, the girls swam, snorkeled, and rode around on kayaks!!! (I floated around and drank lots of rum swizzles). That night took 2 taxis to the Swizzle Inn, we had a ball!! It was very fun.

We had booked cabin 928 for me and the groom, it was very obstructed, matter of fact all we could see was a lifeboat, but I knew that when we booked. We were treated so well up there, we got goodies every night...hors d'uerves, fruit, every night a different treat and every night a different towel animal....The kids were originally in cabin 376, but were upgraded to 838 when the prices dropped, thank you TA!!! We got VIP red tags for disembarkation, but the kids didnt, mentioned it to the concierge and she sent red tags to our whole party (well, we were all in the same limo--the biggest Ford Excursion limo that I have ever seen). We did have to wait for about 1/2 hour for all of the express people to get off the ship, but at least we didnt have to carry all of our luggage!!!

We are definately booking again for next year. I think both of the other families that came with us will be cruising with us then too!!

I was told that the Majesty would be doing the Bermuda run again next year and that NCL has renewed its lease with Bermuda though 2006, they did say that they werent sure which ship would run out of Boston in 2006.

There were lots of kids onboard, I think I heard there were 400, but there were less than the year before when we cruised the 3rd week in August.

Patty

Pathubia, you looked beautiful at that very long lifeboat drill. You must have been very hot. I can't believe you were able to write a review last night. I tried reading some posts on the boards but the computer kept swaying. Really, I almost threw up. It was the most sea sick I had been all week.