WOW - bar drinks prices increased by up to 40%

icsys

As mentioned on other drink threads... We were on Explorer last week and notices a huge increase in bar drink prices compared to a cruise just three months ago.

There was only one bar menu throughout the ship (with exception of Pub which has its own A3 sheet) which listed limited offerings and pushing the drinks packages...

ALL cocktails priced at $10 +18%

American premium beers all $6.00 +18%

Beers of the world $5.50 +18%

You could ask for drinks not on the menu, such as a B52 or Black Russian, but they were charged at $10 +18%

Bar waiter said that ALL cocktails now start at $10

Compared to our Allure cruise last November, bar prices have increased by as much as 40% !!

For instance:

B52, was $6.50, now $10

Black Russian, was $6.50, now $10

Ultimate cosmopolitan, was $7, now $10

[ATTACH]342719[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]342720[/ATTACH]

Sorry about the small pictures. The forum software reduces them to a max size of 620x280

One person on another thread said that on their recent Quantum cruise, the cocktail prices were the same... $11.80 ($10 +18%)

I'm guessing this bar price increase will go fleet wide.

So, that makes a drink $13 odd Canadian plus about 21% (with exchange). Good luck with the Caribbean season with the snowbirds!!!

When I was on board the Oasis last month there were only 4 Pinnacle and over 300 Diamond members. Pinnacle Members don't get any more complimentary drinks on their cards than the Diamond Members. My wife and I don't drink alcohol so I couldn't care less what the price of drinks are. Seems like you have some issues with Pinnacle Status.

I have no issue with anyone's status. I could not care any less what anyone's status is and have no interest in advertizing mine. You are the one that brought up the notion of singling out a group of people as the reason for the topic of this thread.:rolleyes: Prices are up because, apparently, people are paying them. It isn't complicated.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I have no issue with anyone's status. I could not care any less what anyone's status is and have no interest in advertizing mine. You are the one that brought up the notion of singling out a group of people as the reason for the topic of this thread.:rolleyes: Prices are up because, apparently, people are paying them. It isn't complicated.

I still think you have an issue.

On Voyager right now waiting to leave Sydney. Crew are heavily pushing the drink beverages. Beer is basically $6 USD including gratuity, cocktails at $10 USD including gratuity. Cocktails are certainly cheaper than last year on Rhapsody when cocktails were $14.

Yes I have noted above that it looked like the prices had come down since last year in the Australian market. And those staff pushing the drink packages are everywhere. I swear they would follow in to the the toilets if they thought they had a deal :)