Infinity pool is salt water pool

algaes

I didn't see this mentioned previously. Travel & Leisure magazine that came today has a blurb on Viking Oceans and mentions this.

I dislike salt water swimming but will have to try at least a dip. Ugh!

I thought it would be salt water, since there would be a lot of fresh water lost keeping the pool filled when the ship was moving, even a little bit. Although I prefer to swim in fresh water, I'm looking forward to a dip in the new pool.

Isn't sloshing pool water an issue on any cruise ship? In my experience, if heavy seas are in the forecast, they drain the pool and close for that day. Otherwise - they just slosh a bit. Appropriate drainage is provided in the pool apron to manage the water spillover.

Ahhh...makes sense. I was wondering about the spa area because that's inside, but I suppose they could have some drainage around the sides. I was counting on really enjoying the spa area on sea days, so I hope they don't have to drain it. That would take away some of the ambience.

I'm used to salt water on cruise ships, so that doesn't bother me. The first time I went in a salt water pool on a cruise ship, I had to ask which it was, as it was not exactly the same as swimming in the ocean.

Cold or warm, I plan to try out that infinity pool! I'm also curious about the Snow Grotto, which I haven't heard much about. Can any brave soul visit it, even if you haven't made a spa appointment, I assume?

I would think that the spa will have some type of 'open house' during the trip, or at least offer tours - but not sure if they will allow anyone to experience the spa amenities at any time if they are not having some type of service. I would not expect them to do that....