Turning Platinum Question

Hello,

I a have a question about turning Platinum. I currently have 61 VIFP points. I have a 7 day cruise for Sept 2015 booked and a 7 day cruise for Feb 2016 booked. Is it correct that my card will be Platinum for the Feb 2015? I have been told yes and no from different people. So I am looking to see if anyone has experience in this.

As always, thanks for your help!

Matt & Aubry

Hello,

I a have a question about turning Platinum. I currently have 61 VIFP points. I have a 7 day cruise for Sept 2015 booked and a 7 day cruise for Feb 2016 booked. Is it correct that my card will be Platinum for the Feb 2015? I have been told yes and no from different people. So I am looking to see if anyone has experience in this.

Matt & Aubry

Yes that is correct. If you reach 75 points during a cruise, you will be platinum for that entire cruise and will receive a platinum card upon embarkation.

On Carnival's FAQs website:

"Will guests automatically receive recognition/benefits or must they be requested?"

"Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise)."

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/faqs.aspx#q-1197340

Congratulations on reaching platinum. Enjoy it because it takes a long time after that to reach diamond!

Hello,

Matt & Aubry

You will become and get a Platinum card on your February 2016 cruise... My parents both hit 200 on the last day of their cruise but were Diamond from day one... The best way to know for sure, and see it, is when you look at your My Booking on the carnival.com link it will show next to your name PLATINUM... But give it a couple of weeks after your September cruise to show up and let Carnival get it in the system. In addition, make sure your boarding pass and luggage tags both have PRIORITY printed on them... Enjoy :)

We earned Platinum just before the rules changed and did a B2B 2 and 7 night cruise where the 7 night would have been our 10th. We were very surprised to see Carnival gave us Platinum for the 2 night first leg as well! So if you're on a B2B where you qualify on the second leg, you should get the recognition for your first leg as well. Just in case anyone else is ever in that boat :p

We earned Platinum just before the rules changed and did a B2B 2 and 7 night cruise where the 7 night would have been our 10th. We were very surprised to see Carnival gave us Platinum for the 2 night first leg as well! So if you're on a B2B where you qualify on the second leg, you should get the recognition for your first leg as well. Just in case anyone else is ever in that boat :p

We also reached Platinum on our 9th & 10th cruise (B2B) before the rules changed. It was a very unexpected surprise!

Awesome news, thanks everyone for the responses. We are looking forward to our new platinum status! Looks like we will have a LOT of "work" to do to get to the next level. :)

And fine work it is! Lol.

Happy cruising! Have fun getting there. :-)