Constellation 29th Feb 2016 CANCELLED by Celebrity

Surrey_Pirates

For info of anyone booked on this cruise that has now been chartered

We only discovered that this cruise had been cancelled when it dropped of 'My Celebrity'. I contacted our travel agent and they said we had been sent an email...we didnt receive it!

This is our first experience of Celebrity doing this and I must be honest I am rather disappointed. I understand why they do such things but it is sad that they dont look after those loyal customers that booked in advance better.

The $50 OBC offer is very poor considering the amount that Celebrity will obviously profit from chartering the ship.

The dates they suggest for alternative bookings dont work for us. We are trying to move this booking to a 7 day cruise in April 2016 on Silhouette. Celebrity though are quibbling about transferring the 123Go benefits that we were due with the original booking. I fully accept the price difference in the 2 cruises and will happily pay that but I do think they should honour the 123 also. Had I known at the time of booking the original cruise I would of been entitled to the 123 on the alternative cruise also. We are hoping the Celebrity see sense.

Luckily we have other cruises booked and I know we will enjoy them. We will look to book Constellation again but will have to find dates that fit with us when the rest of 2017 comes out.

We only discovered that this cruise had been cancelled when it dropped of 'My Celebrity'. I contacted our travel agent and they said we had been sent an email...we didnt receive it!

This is our first experience of Celebrity doing this and I must be honest I am rather disappointed. I understand why they do such things but it is sad that they dont look after those loyal customers that booked in advance better.

The $50 OBC offer is very poor considering the amount that Celebrity will obviously profit from chartering the ship.

The dates they suggest for alternative bookings dont work for us. We are trying to move this booking to a 7 day cruise in April 2016 on Silhouette. Celebrity though are quibbling about transferring the 123Go benefits that we were due with the original booking. I fully accept the price difference in the 2 cruises and will happily pay that but I do think they should honour the 123 also. Had I known at the time of booking the original cruise I would of been entitled to the 123 on the alternative cruise also. We are hoping the Celebrity see sense.

Luckily we have other cruises booked and I know we will enjoy them. We will look to book Constellation again but will have to find dates that fit with us when the rest of 2017 comes out.

Unfortunately, Constellation is moving to Asia in 2017. I have never been in your position but I can assure you, I would be extremely disappointed.

Unfortunately, Constellation is moving to Asia in 2017. I have never been in your position but I can assure you, I would be extremely disappointed.

Thanks for that info. Do you know if Celebrity will be continuing the 5 day cruises out of FLL/MIA with another ship?

Disappointed yes but lets hope Celebrity can make amends!

Thanks for that info. Do you know if Celebrity will be continuing the 5 day cruises out of FLL/MIA with another ship?

Disappointed yes but lets hope Celebrity can make amends!

I do not think so, at least they have none on schedule. With Cuba opening up they may change that as I have noticed several surveys going around asking what one would prefer, Cuba on a short cruise or longer. I love the shorter cruises as I have very limited vacation time and can get a couple in if we leave on a Saturday.

I do not think so, at least they have none on schedule. With Cuba opening up they may change that as I have noticed several surveys going around asking what one would prefer, Cuba on a short cruise or longer. I love the shorter cruises as I have very limited vacation time and can get a couple in if we leave on a Saturday.

Ok. We have only done a short cruise in Europe previously. We are going to be celebrating our 30th Wedding anniversary in 2017 and it would be good if we could bring our kids on a cruise to celebrate. The shorter cruise makes it more affordable for everyone.

Good news we have been able to transfer our booking to a Silhouette cruise in April and retain our booking perks!

Still a little miffed that they cancel cruises for charters. Would of preferred if they sorted all that sort of thing before the put the cruise on general sale.

Still a little miffed that they cancel cruises for charters. Would of preferred if they sorted all that sort of thing before the put the cruise on general sale.

I feel your pain, our situation was slightly different though, they sold our ship!

We had been booked for 9 months and should have been sailing this coming Easter Sunday.

Edited by upwarduk

Our 2016 Millenium cruise was also cancelled due to charter but we were given $200 OBC. I still thought this was an insult especially given that we would lose more than twice this in the UK if we ever cancelled a cruise. I complained to Celebrity on those lines and was told that the $200 was industry standard practice. Looks like the industry just downgraded the value it puts on its customers!

I was booked on this cruise too. :mad:

Chartered for some kind of rock n roll party.

We got home from cruising on the Summit and there was a message on our answering machine.

Very frustrating because had we known before we could have made our new reservation with a good size on board booking perk.

Instead, we received the paltry OBC of $50 (not per/person) and we were allowed to transfer our reduced deposit.

To make matters worse, due to the currency difference between July when I originally reserved and now, the Canadian dollar has tanked and effectively added %15 to the cost of the new cruise for us. Not Celebrity's fault, I realize but maddening none the less as we booked early knowing our currency was strong.

• 1 month later...

This is the third cruise between Feb 2016 and April 2016 for the Constellation that I heard has been cancelled. I read a cruise in April 2016 was cancelled and they were moved to the last cruise in March 2916. Your cruise was cancelled and the cruise we called to book is red flagged. We celebrated our 25th anniversary on the Constellation so next year being our 35th anniversary we thought it would be nice to celebrate it on the Constellation. We normally do long cruises but since the Constellation is doing small cruises next March we decided to do a B2B2B but when we went to schedule the cruises the March14th cruise all of a sudden was red flagged. We can't get any straight answers but to keep checking back.

If they offer you a 7 day you will only pay the port charges and taxes for the two extra days. This happened twice to me and I thought it was a great deal. They also carried over any benefits and hope that is the case in your situation. Celebrity will be eliminating the short cruises entirely by 2017 as they are trying to attract a different demographic.I've commented on this in past posts and will not repeat here.

That cruise was chartered for a nudist cruise. If you are interested, clothes must be worn in the MDR and specialty restaurants and a robe or cover up in hallways and elevators. Otherwise anything goes!! (or everything goes):eek:

We are still waiting to book this cruise and still can't get any answers from Celebrity. I know I am frustrated because I am waiting to book this cruise but I feel for those who are already booked and can't get any answers if they will be cruising or not.

That cruise was chartered for a nudist cruise. If you are interested, clothes must be worn in the MDR and specialty restaurants and a robe or cover up in hallways and elevators. Otherwise anything goes!! (or everything goes):eek:

I hope they sterilize all the pool chairs and balcony chairs! Not sure how they could disinfect the theater seating and bars. I'm glad our cruise is before this one! <shudders>

Probably a charter. We booked an Around Japan cruise for Sept 2016 on Millenium, it was cancelled, as well as the next Around Japan cruise. We had to move to the following cruise with goes to five ports in Japan, but also goes to Shanghai, Taiwan and Hong Kong.

I don't understand why they just can't tell us that it is being chartered. I have three cruises that will be affected. If they charter this cruise then I have cancel my 3/5 and 3/10 cruise. This is frustrating.

I don't understand why they just can't tell us that it is being chartered. I have three cruises that will be affected. If they charter this cruise then I have cancel my 3/5 and 3/10 cruise. This is frustrating.

They probably do not yet have a fully executed contract with the charter group, nor the huge upfront deposit payment and letter of guarantee.

But in 95% of these situations, you need to assume it will charter out and have a plan B.

To those asking about the nude charters, I was on Connie TA, and we chatted with the bartenders about the nude cruise a few weeks prior. They said people were respectful, towel bins everywhere as it was required that when seated, towels be sat upon. Also said average age was 70.....

And finally, to the economics of charters...I just booked the Summit next March 12-19 (1st sailing out of drydock) with Atlantis.

Anyone wondering what a premium Atlantis Charter cruise costs....I priced out the Aqua class cabin on this cruise versus the next week (March 19 sailing) on X site.

3 people in cabin, on Atlantis full charter costs $6313, on X $4680.71, a $1632.29 premium. If I were to factor in the value of the 123-all-in perks on this, it'd amount to a $3600 premium!

Also no alcoholic beverage packages apply (can not even buy on board) on the charters, so all drinks are pay as you go. No other normal perks, or shareholder credits apply.

So some good money to be made on these charters for sure.

They i courage partner swapping and sex parties. NASTY!

I'd like to see (well, not literally:o) the evidence to support this statement. From everything I've ever heard, the nude cruises are well-behaved, just sans clothing. Any nude cruisers care to comment?

I'd like to see (well, not literally:o) the evidence to support this statement. From everything I've ever heard, the nude cruises are well-behaved, just sans clothing. Any nude cruisers care to comment?

Apologies for replying on behalf of the originally quoted poster...but the Sun Sentinel article does cover said "Nastiness" - http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/tourism/fl-clothing-optional-cruises-20150423-story.html...

And if anyone thinks that on ANY cruise there isn't partner swapping and play going on between consenting adults somewhere on the ship....they have blinders on. Everyone vacations differently and for different reasons. Cruising lends itself to a certain amounts anonymity.

Sometimes it's fun to watch the elevators at 3 and 4 am for the various "walks of shame" that go on :D

Although I haven't done one, I HAVE talked to the ship board staff, who say the cruisers are very respectful, and they have a lot of fun, and give great tips; though as the bar server said "I saw things on that cruise I can not ever unsee" when talking about the median age of the group.....but then said she'd happily work another one. She also said the ship gives staff the option of not working these types of cruses and works with staff to make accommodations as necessary for their personal comfort such as moving to back-of-the house positions etc.