Return transportation MCO to Port Canaveral results

goodml

So my husband and I are big fans of one way car rentals and this is our normal means of transportation to cruise ports. However, I handled booking everything for my son and 7 of his friends on this past week's sailing of Freedom of the Seas. All are med students and were desperate for a cost effective vacation but had no time to put anything together so they put it in my hands. Thanks to the knowledge I've gained from my many years at CC I booked everything from flights to cabins to non-cruise line excursions to pretty much everything.

The one thing that concerned me was finding a reliable shuttle service as two one-way 8 passenger van rentals was just not cost effective and frankly, they didn't want to deal with it lol. After reading here, tripadvisor, yelp etc and getting quotes from 9 different companies we ended up with Sunshine Limousine out of Orlando. The price worked out to $39.75 round trip per person including tip for a private shuttle. I was concerned because they paid in full for the round trip and what if the company didn't show up for the return?

I'm here to report back that it all worked out beautifully. Their flight got into MCO last Saturday at midnight so they stayed at the Best Western Airport Inn. We had arranged for the shuttle to be at the hotel for 10:30 am last Sunday and they were there by 10:15. My son reports that the driver was excellent; extremely professional. They were each able to pay cash to the driver which suited this group better than one person paying by credit card. The return pick up was scheduled for 9:30 this morning and apparently when I told them all that it took us a long time to get off Freedom at PC last November and they better not dilly dally, they decided to do the walk off and were downstairs with luggage by 8:15. They called for pick up then and the shuttle driver left immediately and was there by about 9:05. He dropped them off at MCO without a hitch. They all said they'd use them again whenever they're in town.

Edited by goodml

• 5 weeks later...