Paradise?

peggisue

mom2joce

You will love the Coast Hotel - you will probably have a view of the Queen Mary from your balcony.

The shuttle will take you directly to the Queen Mary/Carnival Pier. We've stayed at the Coast when cruising on RCCL out of San Pedro. Last time we cruised Carnival it was from San Pedro too. We'll be cruising on the Paradise on 12/26 this year.

It will be easy to tell where to go, and if you are confused there will be Carnival or port workers in the area to point you in the right direction. The first day can be hectic on your first cruise but once your muster drill is over the vacation is all yours!

Enjoy.

See my review here on cruise critic for paradise, i have some good embarkation tips for ya, and yes, i was on board eating by 1:15:D

I noticed you just finished up a cruise on the Paradise. I had a few questions if you don't mind! We are cruising the Paradise (first cruise for all of us, including our 4 year old) and were told to be at the dock at 5pm. You said you were on board at 12noon? Is there something I don't know, like it doesn't really matter when you get there to embark? We are in a Cat 12 (well 11 really bec that's all they have) and he said that we would have some sort of priority? Maybe you could fill me in!

Also, we're driving from Sacramento (no. calif.) and were thinking about driving further south to visit some friends the weekend before we leave then have our friends drive us to Long Beach to drop us off. Is there parking for our car if we drove ourselves? Is that recommended?

If you have any info it would be greatly appreciated,

Kelie

Just see my review while you wait for the paradise... Its pretty general, but helpful:D

Waverunner -- Thanks so much for the information on your trip -- I will wait patiently to read your review since there aren't many out there about this ship. We sail on Sept. 16 (next Friday -- yea!!) and spending the night before on the QM and will be able to use the skipper's club -- hopefully we will be on board having our first "drink of the day" early! So nice to hear that you had warm weather -- I've been watching the weather report for Ensanada, but am always wondering how cold it is on the day at sea. Guess that I will only bring work-out socks because it sounds like the weather should be great!

Thanks again for the information and I'll keep watching for your review!:)

Read my review on here for paradise.. I have good embarkation info there for all to see, have a great time! :D

Nice to read your post! Thank you! We too are doing the park & sail at the Coast Hotel, how did you like the hotel in general? It looks fine for our quick overnight ;)

Also, you mentioned check in at the Queen Mary? I'm confussed? That morning after breakfast (also, what time do you suggest we leave the hotel?) we get a shuttle and where does that take us? What do we do next? And then next? And then next? This is our first cruise and I'd love to know a play by play!!

Any help would be apreciated, Kelie

Archived