Back-to-Back

Sharon Sails

I'm just an hour or so from Port Canaveral, so I try to cruise as much as I can. Hubby still working, so I get to go alone :)

I've never done a B2B, though I have done one week, come home, and gone back the next week! I had reservations for next week, but I decided to leave NOW (tomorrow) because the sadness and grief of losing my neighbor/best friend to cancer three weeks ago is just overwhelming me. I need to get away and breathe. Everything here reminds me that she's gone. I know I need to accept it, and I will - just need a bit of a breather.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. :(

We have also booked our first B2B. Was wondering about laundry however?

Flying into a port makes luggage hauling a challenge! :eek:

I know we can do the bag of folding laundry on board during the week, but what do you seasoned B2B types do to refresh some clothes?

On long cruises, and occasionally on short cruises, we use the laundry services frequently. We figure that $100 or so for laundry into our budget. Compared to what the total cost of the cruise, travel, excursions, massages, etc., I am never going to stress over sending $20 of laundry off to be done. :)

We just off of our first B2B today. [7-night Serenade] We worried about all of the same issues you mentioned.

We were not bored [i love to cruise]. About 1/2 of the shows/entertainment were the same. . . . but, we did not go to those.

We changed rooms and they moved our things. It took us about 15 minutes to unpack again.

We never made the time to check out the helipad until the last day. We marveled that there was still something to do different after 2 cruises.

DH was not really looking forward to these cruise--but, he is convinced.

Hi everyone,

This thread just had me wondering.about moving after my gear to another cabin.

I have booked a B2B next Feb,Voyager of the seas ,virtual balcony inside cabin . I was able to book the same cabin for each cruise , should I contact RCI and ask them to not move me ? or just hope they won't? :(

I haven't heard of many persons being moved out of their cabins ,or what are the odds of a upgrade?

Cheers Deb

Hi everyone,

This thread just had me wondering.about moving after my gear to another cabin.

I have booked a B2B next Feb,Voyager of the seas ,virtual balcony inside cabin . I was able to book the same cabin for each cruise , should I contact RCI and ask them to not move me ? or just hope they won't? :(

I haven't heard of many persons being moved out of their cabins ,or what are the odds of a upgrade?

Cheers Deb

This pertains to people who couldn't get the same cabin for both cruises. From my experiences with RCL/C, free upgrades are scarcer than hens teeth. We've sailed with them 21 times and are still waiting for the first one. You can contact them and tell them that you don't want to be upgraded though.

Just curious about how many people have done back to back cruises and what you think of them. Is it too long on one ship? Or was it just absolutely wonderful? :D

Obviously it will vary person to person, but I'm not sure that there is any such thing as too much time on one ship. Maybe b2b World cruises, but suspect that even then I'd be "No don't make me get off".

I don't like changing cabins in a b2b I get lost for the first few days of the 2nd leg, but then I like to go into cruise control [pun intended] on a cruise and leave my brain in idle.

This pertains to people who couldn't get the same cabin for both cruises. From my experiences with RCL/C, free upgrades are scarcer than hens teeth. We've sailed with them 21 times and are still waiting for the first one. You can contact them and tell them that you don't want to be upgraded though.

Thanks for advice grandgeezer,:) I will ring them, and ask them to lock in my cabin if possible .

Cheers Deb:)

On long cruises, and occasionally on short cruises, we use the laundry services frequently. We figure that $100 or so for laundry into our budget. Compared to what the total cost of the cruise, travel, excursions, massages, etc., I am never going to stress over sending $20 of laundry off to be done. :)

So you can get all types of clothes washed on board? Not just the usual foldables? Great!

I agree, spending some cruise money towards not worrying about packing too much clothing would be a big help! Thanks!

We are doing a B2B Alaska cruise, which means cold weather clothing that takes up more

suitcase room than a tropical cruise.

So you can get all types of clothes washed on board? Not just the usual foldables? Great!

I agree, spending some cruise money towards not worrying about packing too much clothing would be a big help! Thanks!

We are doing a B2B Alaska cruise, which means cold weather clothing that takes up more

suitcase room than a tropical cruise.

Oh, yes, they do all kinds of laundry/dry cleaning. It's so nice to leave dirty clothes on your bed with the laundry request slip in the morning and find them hanging in your closet clean and pressed the next afternoon. :)

Oh, yes, they do all kinds of laundry/dry cleaning. It's so nice to leave dirty clothes on your bed with the laundry request slip in the morning and find them hanging in your closet clean and pressed the next afternoon. :)

Ahh...heavenly sounding! Thanks for the advice, and that is exactly what we will do! :)

Just curious about how many people have done back to back cruises and what you think of them. Is it too long on one ship? Or was it just absolutely wonderful? :D

In 2010 we did a b2b2b on NCL Sun for 33 days. Round trip Dover to Iceland, Faroes, Scotland, Ireland, across the Atlantic to Western Caribbean. We didn't want to get off, were wishing we'd also booked the Eastern Caribbean so we could stay aboard another 7 days.

In 2013 we did b2b on NCL Star, 28 days from Copenhagen across Atlantic and through Panama Canal. We loved both experiences. Long cruises are our favorite.

Next week we'll be on Jewel for Western Caribbean, wishing we could stay on through canal, then up to Alaska. That would be awesome. But our budget won't permit it this time.

It is fantastic!

Many people are doing B2B or "Consecutive Cruises" these days. We usually do b2b or b2b2b...rarely do we do only one sailing. When we first started doing b2b probably 10 years ago...it might be just us and some family members of various crew members. Today, it is rare that there aren't at least 20 people doing b2b. My favorite form of b2b is "same ship AND same room". Although we have done several variations....some of which people wouldn't consider "b2b" but we do! :)

same ship, same room

same ship, different room

different ship, same town (overnight stay in hotel between)

different ship, different town (same day transfer - drive between towns)

different ship, different town (same day transfer - fly between cities) - (now that one I was nervous!)

(All on RC!)

We have done the same ship same room B2B on Celebrity last fall out of San Juan. This fall we are doing the different ship different town. Flying between cities. Though we have one night between the two cruises. So perhaps not as stressful.

The end of the first cruise is great, the end of the second one not so much.