Just returned from AMASonata Tulip Time cruise

luvtocook

With all the details. Thinking of similar cruise next yr.but heard not too scenic area and weather can be cool and rainy most of April,early May when these cruise go.

Did you like the ports, ship, cabin,staff, etc....any detail would help.

Have been on 11 river cruises,but not this itinerary and just have so few reviews .Hard to make a decision.

You are correct, not too pretty, VERY industrial and very busy barge transportation on the rivers. We loved the ship, everything about it, food, staff, excursions, everything is beautiful and very well run. We had a double balcony suite and we absolutely loved that, we had plenty of space. Their onboard laundry service was the best we have experienced on any cruise ship.

The weather is cold, rainy, dreary yes. We have the proper clothes, so it was not too bothersome.

I would probably not repeat any of these ports, but we did enjoy each one very much, we had quite a bit of time in Amsterdam and loved that, it is a fun city. Antwerp also was my favorite.

Let me know if I can tell you anything else.

see you re from the Villages, we live near Orlando. The weather and scenery sound sort of blah.But would like to visit those ports at least once. Have been to Amsterdam a few times and would do an excursion outside city.

Not sure about next yr. ,,we ll see after our Scenic one in May.

Sounds like our last one in some ways, loved the ports(but would NOT want to go back to any).Glad we took it,but not our favorite.

Yes, we are in The Villages, love it here. We have been here just 2 years. We are now considering our next River trip. France and Germany top our list I believe. Any advice?

Try the Danube next time. Beautiful scenery and towns. We did Prague to Budapest with Avalon.

We are looking at that along with Oktoberfest and French wine cruises. We loved AMA so much I think we will stay with them again.

We will be taking our 6th AMA cruise in November and are big fans of the line. Our wine cruises with them have been great fun!

We did Provence on a wine cruise in November on AmaDagio. Loved that there was so much time in port, including overnights. We drank wonderful wines and had a blast! the only thing I would say is that we missed some of the features from the new ships: twin balcony, library, expanded dining room. But crew was 2nd to none.

In November of 2012 we are on AmaCerto on a wine theme cruise from Budapest to Nuremberg and it was our favorite overall river cruise. We loved the boat and the itinerary and added time in Budapest and Prague DIY.

Yes it was, but we got to see a lot at Keukenhof Gardens!!!!! We were about 2 weeks early I think.

We took the same cruise on the AmaCerto 2or 3 years ago and loved it! It was a little early for the tulips then, too, but the the Gardens were spectacular! It was chilly, but we still went for bike rides and enjoyed the scenery. Nice and sunny the entire trip!

We are looking at that along with Oktoberfest and French wine cruises. We loved AMA so much I think we will stay with them again.

If you like Oktoberfest I assume that means you like beer. [Duh?] So you should check out AMA's beer-themed cruises. My TA is the person who suggested this idea to them, and she was on that cruise last week.

we have taken 11 now and 12 th in 2 mos. Have done all the major itineraries,Danube great.Have done from Amsterdam to Bucharest now.In 4 sections.Like to spend at least 2 days pre and post cruise.Also, love AMA(have been on 3 )but also love Scenic(after taking 1)and booked with them for next.

Love all the inc. perks,like room service, balcony with cover,ALL tips(bus and ship),FREE pk.up from airport even if book air on own,tub,etc.....also best food on river so far.Got off last cruise owing NADA,free drinks ALL day, No extra cost for some excursions,just everything inc.

we have taken 11 now and 12 th in 2 mos. Have done all the major itineraries,Danube great.Have done from Amsterdam to Bucharest now.In 4 sections.Like to spend at least 2 days pre and post cruise.Also, love AMA(have been on 3 )but also love Scenic(after taking 1)and booked with them for next.

Love all the inc. perks,like room service, balcony with cover,ALL tips(bus and ship),FREE pk.up from airport even if book air on own,tub,etc.....also best food on river so far.Got off last cruise owing NADA,free drinks ALL day, No extra cost for some excursions,just everything inc.

The above perks, on Scenic? How larger are their suites??? We had the dbl balcony and love the size of that suite 235 sq ft.

and little larger.one wall is all window(balcony)but can keep all door open(by putting down outside glass balcony cover so makes room even bigger.Can go to their website and see what I mean.

Have been in the AMA double ones, but 1 side was regular and other just French.So this just felt bigger.

I love to try NEW lines,ships,etc.depending on itinerary.When you ve done 11 so far,must take a chance for area of world being served. A few I d NOT return to ,but regardless enjoyed the experience .

This is our first river cruise. Would appreciate any comments on the cruise stops especially where there are options. How many days did you stay in Amsterdam? Hotel? Suggestions?

On your stop in Antwerp did you take the option to go to Brussels for the afternoon?

Also have heard wonderful things about Ghent and Brugges but the cruise only does all day in Ghent or an optiin to go to Brugges in the afternoon. We are thinking of just spending the day in Ghent and taking the train to Brugges (4 hrs) from Amsterdam at the end of the trip. What do you think?

Thanks for your comments.

** We too are from Florida - Florida Keys.

This is our first river cruise. Would appreciate any comments on the cruise stops especially where there are options. How many days did you stay in Amsterdam? Hotel? Suggestions?

On your stop in Antwerp did you take the option to go to Brussels for the afternoon?

Also have heard wonderful things about Ghent and Brugges but the cruise only does all day in Ghent or an optiin to go to Brugges in the afternoon. We are thinking of just spending the day in Ghent and taking the train to Brugges (4 hrs) from Amsterdam at the end of the trip. What do you think?

Thanks for your comments.

** We too are from Florida - Florida Keys.

The Doubletree is a very nice hotel and conveniently located. We also stopped in at the Nh City Center for a coffee this January while there and were impressed with the hotel. If it is a first trip and you have an interest in museums, 3 days would be a good length of stay.

When we arrived in Antwerp we walked to the train station and hopped a fast train to Brussels. We were there by 9 and stayed until 1. We were back in Antwerp by 2 and spent the afternoon and early evening in the city, which is lovely!

• 4 weeks later...

So glad to hear the good reviews for AMA Waterways!! I'm booked on the AMAViola for the Tulip Time April 21, 2016 river cruise.

Question...I understand the excursions are included in the booking price. And there are "optional" excursions available at an extra cost. Can these optional excursions be booked pre-cruise or does a person have to wait until you are onboard??

Thank You in advance for any info you can share with me.

Pat :)