Dynamic Dining "Classic" Late on Anthem/Quantum Class

We're signed up for Anthem!

Just wondering if they've implemented the new Dynamic Dining Classic yet on Quantum? I read about this option on RCCL's website a week or two ago and asked my TA to change us over from the regular Dynamic Dining to the Classic Late for our Anthem cruise. We have a large group with some senior citizens... and I don't feel like playing with the randomness of trying to organize large reservations at the various locales.

From what I understand, with DD Classic, your group is assigned tables rotating through the complimentary dining rooms with the same waiter/assistant waiter team (wow!).

Anyway, has anyone here had the opportunity to experience this yet? If so, what were your impressions?

When is your sailing on the Anthem? We are booked for November this year. I asked our TA to switch us to the classic dining last week, several days later I got an email saying RCI told her those bookings were not available yet. Just wondering when you sail and how long before you were able to book?

When is your sailing on the Anthem? We are booked for November this year. I asked our TA to switch us to the classic dining last week, several days later I got an email saying RCI told her those bookings were not available yet. Just wondering when you sail and how long before you were able to book?

We are booked on the Anthem on 15th Sep 2015 out of Southampton and have Classic 2, got that changed over about 4 weeks ago.

Last Monday we booked up this time on 28th May 2016 out of NY on Anthem and got Classic 2 again no issues.

Steven

The "Classic" version of DD has not been rolled out yet and won't be until the Anthem starts sailing later this month. Even after the first few sailings, the reviews should be taken with a grain of salt since changes are likely. The Quantum is unlikely to ever get the "Classic" version advertized for the Anthem since it won't have it before she heads to China and once there it will likely have a different version of DD.

Edited by Biker19

My TA had no trouble switching us over to DD Classic late. We are sailing next Spring on Anthem. Can't wait to hear reviews of how this works out.

I'm guessing that DD Classic will be on all Quantum class ships eventually.

I confirmed we are DD Classic late at my C&A Page at Royal Caribbean's website. :)

Ask your TA to try again, now.

Mine had no problem doing this for our cruise next year on Anthem. The RCCL website does say DD Classic is available on a "limited" basis. Not too many know about this, so now's probably the time if you want this option.

Thanks for your replies. I called RCI to double check it is available on my sailing and it is, they said they could book it if I wasn't with a TA. We are under a group booking (big TA) so not sure if that is the reason why they couldn't book us. I did call my TA again this afternoon and said I had talked with RCI and would she please call them again.

This is one of the many reasons I love cruise critic. People on here usually know what is going on:)

Thanks for your replies. I called RCI to double check it is available on my sailing and it is, they said they could book it if I wasn't with a TA. We are under a group booking (big TA) so not sure if that is the reason why they couldn't book us. I did call my TA again this afternoon and said I had talked with RCI and would she please call them again.

This is one of the many reasons I love cruise critic. People on here usually know what is going on:)

Yes, it's true: Royal Caribbean cannot make changes done to your booking if it was done by a TA. This is even true if you book on board and it's credited to an outside TA.

I'm sure your TA can get you changed over now.

My TA had no trouble switching us over to DD Classic late. We are sailing next Spring on Anthem. Can't wait to hear reviews of how this works out.

I confirmed we are DD Classic late at my C&A Page at Royal Caribbean's website. :)

I will tell you all about it in my review :)

I'm on classic 2 on the 22nd of may this year :)

Maybe. With 2 out of the 3 ships in Asia and with a "different" version of DD slated for those, the Anthem might be the only one with the currently advertised version of DD - regular or classic.

Maybe. With 2 out of the 3 ships in Asia and with a "different" version of DD slated for those, the Anthem might be the only one with the currently advertised version of DD - regular or classic.

I have a feeling that's because the British market demanded it.

hence why anthem won't be coming here again. There probably won't be tea and coffee in the cabins either.

I have a feeling that's because the British market demanded it.

hence why anthem won't be coming here again. There probably won't be tea and coffee in the cabins either.

Actually more of the complaints on here about DD have been from Americans I think.

We are on the Anthem on the 30th of this month and as we only booked last week we had no choice, we were put onto the early fixed dining. As this was no use whatsoever for booking / coordinating the shows and dinner I have opted to go to the paid restaurants. (Not moaning, as late bookers this is to be expected and I am looking forward to Wonderland, Chefs table etc). On a longer cruise this would probably be less of an issue.

If you are on classic then the "free" restaurant booking times are locked out. The show times don't all work with the early sitting unless you want to bolt back your food, which I do not.

We have been advised that there is a 4 day rotation for the free restaurants.

We are on the Anthem on the 30th of this month and as we only booked last week we had no choice, we were put onto the early fixed dining. As this was no use whatsoever for booking / coordinating the shows and dinner I have opted to go to the paid restaurants. (Not moaning, as late bookers this is to be expected and I am looking forward to Wonderland, Chefs table etc). On a longer cruise this would probably be less of an issue.

If you are on classic then the "free" restaurant booking times are locked out. The show times don't all work with the early sitting unless you want to bolt back your food, which I do not.

We have been advised that there is a 4 day rotation for the free restaurants.

Do you not have any late shows? On our Anthem sailing we have 9.30/ 10pm shows - most people on quantum said dining only takes 1/1.5 hours.

Because we booked late there are very few times left open for us. We have one show for example at 7.30 which means a 7.15 seating time which is too tight. Also if you read the reviews from the sister ship dinner is taking much much longer due to slow seating / service.

For anyone who is interested the classic first seating rota we have been given, everyone gets the same, is

1 Americon icon

2 Chic

3 Grande (formal dress)

4 Silk

Apparently it keeps going in this pattern for longer cruises as well.

For anyone who is interested the classic first seating rota we have been given, everyone gets the same, is

1 Americon icon

2 Chic

3 Grande (formal dress)

4 Silk

Apparently it keeps going in this pattern for longer cruises as well.

Strange, I would have thought they would have split up the restaurants to maintain the balance through the restaurants . Therefore whilst Group 1 does

1 Americon icon

2 Chic

3 Grande (formal dress)

4 Silk

Group 2 does

1 Chic

2 Grande

3 Silk

4 American Icon

etc etc

Otherwise the capacity for the restaurants will vary per night which would be a night mare to manage....given RCIs IT ability!:eek:

Strange, I would have thought they would have split up the restaurants to maintain the balance through the restaurants . Therefore whilst Group 1 does

1 Americon icon

2 Chic

3 Grande (formal dress)

4 Silk

Otherwise the capacity for the restaurants will vary per night which would be a night mare to manage....given RCIs IT ability!:eek:

That might be the rotation but not everyone will have the same starting restaurant.:cool:

Given the above (rotation in just 4 venues) folks who choose "Classic" may not know that there's a another free choice (Divinely Decadence).

Edited by Biker19

Because we booked late there are very few times left open for us. We have one show for example at 7.30 which means a 7.15 seating time which is too tight. Also if you read the reviews from the sister ship dinner is taking much much longer due to slow seating / service.

I've read all the reviews, most people report it's not taking longer at all, especially on recent sailings.

Comments above make very good sense, I can only tell you what I was told.

We are on a 3 day cruise and they still gave us that 4 day rotation pattern.

On a big ship i.m.o you need to add in 10/15 minutes time to find and get to venues, wait on lifts etc so for me the times were too tight for the early dinner, may be just fine for others who perhaps eat and walk faster than I do.

Looking forward to it all anyway.

We sail Anthem in August and were able to book Classic 2 through our TA. I never received word from RC, I just followed up after reading about it here, when I called in even the TA wasn't familiar with the option. I still didn't think that the time worked well for the times for two of the three reserved shows, so for one we are going to try Divinly Decadence and for the other we are booked at Jamie Oliver's Italian. Since people seemed to say that the reservation system was slow and tricky, it seemed to make life easier just to have the set rotational dining. It is something that works really well on the Disney ships and gives us one less thing to worry about.