Photos to my Breakaway review.

I have finally found some time to pick and upload some photos from our vacation to complement my Breakaway review.

The review is posted in the review section, here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=272260

This will be the first time I post photos so I hope it will work!

Questions are welcome.

(I haven't had the time to pick and upoad photos to my whole review yet but hopefully everything will be done before this weekend!)

Edited by sverigecruiser

00_zpsocq8yxc8.jpg

This is our room at Clarion Hotel Arlanda. In my opinion the best hotel at Arlanda airport.

01b_zpshnavmb6g.jpg

A wednesday morning in January can be worse, much worse!!! Arlanda-Heathrow with British Airways.

02_zpsj0ffmyqk.jpg

My appetizer was excellent! Heathrow-JFK with British Airways.

03_zpsxbddhgvj.jpg

Enough legroom even for me!!!

04_zpsa9taucg1.jpg

The view from our room at Ink 48.

Edited by sverigecruiser

05_zpsx7n3nuet.jpg

This picture explain how we could leave our room at 9.40 and when we had past security it was 9.58. The photo is taken from Rockefeller Center.

06_zpsgjgun8tt.jpg

The waitingarea for suiteguests. The picture is taken in the morning when we got back to NY.

You were Haven and you purchased Vibe? Or is that included?

Yes, we purchased Vibe.

We are very happy that we did that.

1. We liked to be able to feel free to go whereever we wanted.

2. No outside bar in the Haven. Yes they sell drinks anyway but that's not the same thing.

3. The sundeck in the Haven was too quite and the public sundeck was to crowded. Vibe was perfect for us. A bucket of Corona at Vibe was very nice but it should have felt wrong in the Haven, we think.

We paid almost $10000 for the cruise so the extra $258 didn't really matter much.

• Like 1

We'll also be staying at Ink 48 before our cruise next month. The location to the pier looks excellent, and we loved your skyline view. How did you like the hotel?

We liked it very much and we will stay there again. They served wine for one hour every afternoon, included, and in the morning they had coffee in the lobby.

The location of the hotel is excellent even if a cruise isn't a part of the trip and as you could see, the view is excellent too. They have a very nice bar which probably is supernice during the summer.

We liked it very much and we will stay there again. They served wine for one hour every afternoon, included, and in the morning they had coffee in the lobby.

The location of the hotel is excellent even if a cruise isn't a part of the trip and as you could see, the view is excellent too. They have a very nice bar which probably is supernice during the summer.

Thanks, we'll be staying a couple of days before and after the cruise, so it's good to know. The choice of hotels in New York is pretty overwhelming! I enjoyed your review, too. I wish there were "like" options here.

21_zps41najasw.jpg

Vibe Beach Club.

22_zpskmucc5mx.jpg

23_zpsfbndlvcp.jpg

Private Cabana.

24b_zpsqc2qls9c.jpg

Bacause of the strong winds the first days San Juan was cancelled but we got a very nice afternoon at Vibe instead! It could have been much worse!

25_zpso248n8gu.jpg

We will be sailing on the Breakaway to Bermuda this summer our first NCL crluise. First, I see the clam shells. I am not comfortable lying down- do the cushions allow you to adjust to a sitting position? We also do not like the sun, I "assume" that the awning can be adjusted to block the sun and give privacy. It looks like the clam shells are very close together. Is it a noisey spot? I believe you said the cost for a week is $259. We are also in the Haven- On Celebrity on the Silhouette and Reflection we take a cabana on the lawn deck for the week. We get waiter and bartender service. Is that the same at Vibe?

Thanks

Hi. I really love reading the reviews and seeing photos of other people's cruise experiences. I cruised the Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda in September with two friends. The ship is large and beautiful but I must say I was disappointed by the layout. On the plus side service was great with staff always friendly and helpful. We weren't in Haven but friends were and that's the way to go. The other pools were too small to hold the adults who wanted to swim, too crowded and just not comfortable until finding the hidden upper deck areas away from the maddening crowd. The food was disappointing and the specialty restaurants had very limited menus for the expense. I realized I'm not the free style kind of person and prefer a set dining room where staff know my tastes, anticipate what they've learned I like and cater to me. Bermuda was great fun. There's a lot of night life at the port area with restaurants, music and bars. I recommend you take a taxi or ferry to leave the port rather than busses (unless you're very very adventurous). That's my two cents.