Higher Prices with all the promos??

triptolemus

mking:

Either ... Or your sarcasm is better than mine :-)

You missed the ":o" - I say we are equal, a tie on sarcasm. One of my niece decided to book a cruise next month on another line, hubby going along, and the only games being played are on the grand-niece & grand-nephew's iPad

KSF is a joke to them on prices, and no way (us too) for doing Haven/the Suite life - they are paying for it out of their own money.

The 3+ rates got a massive massage to cope with ksf.

I think all lines upped prices for future cruises some silly prices.

Now we are starting to see some normalization, there were selective big drops 20%+ recently on some ncl trips.

As has been said some were not effected that much with rates similar to previous years with benefits so great value.

Careful research will find some fantastic prices even on suites, if they fit you get lucky.

System is acting up so I just lost my reply so here is short version

There are only a few ships that have staterooms big enough to hold more than four passengers. In my opinion best "bang for your buck" is one of the SJ Family Suites on the Star or the Dawn. Family Suite does not have balcony but does have wall of windows. Some of the windows have some fogging. Here is one price example

NCL Star 10 day round trip from Tampa with 6 caribbean port stops date

10-13-16 SJ Family Suite Ultimate Dining for all, Ultimate Beverage Package Alcohol for 1st two, Soda for rest Shore Excursion Credit $75 per port, free Gratuities for 1st two

Price $4829.38 for 6 passengers for 10 days

$1949 cruise fare x 2 $155.23 port fees/taxes x 6

Two sleep in sofa bed, two on murphy bed, two on main bed. On the Star main bed splits into twins, does not split on Dawn. One large bathroom with two sinks, public toilet close by :)

Some of us were speculating on another thread about the fogged windows maybe getting fixed during the Star drydock. I read a thread yesterday of someone who was in a deck 12 suite post drydock and had one fogged window so guess not.

Sarcasim noted - select sailings only, other sailings are based on 50% off.

That, is, 50% off the rack rate or brochure rate - it's a math challenge.

-

Reminds me of a certain retailer, since out of business, something along the line of "the educated consumer is our best customers ..." NOT !

Similar to shopping for bargains buying a new car, they will "set" you up for the ride of your live.

Besides, you get to enjoy the true luxury of Haven 2 BR - what is there to not like, right ?? Put that on your NCL credit card, upon instant approval, and receive an extra OBC ... immediately :D :rolleyes: :p

Ka Ching, Ka Ching, Ka Ching

Yep my shadow bookings gave me 3rd pax at 50% off brochure rate too!!!

What a joke because in essence that means basically 0% off the 3rd person

As I noted in a previous post my 3rd person rate was higher than 1 and 2 under this " half off deal"🙀

Ymmv depending on which cruise you are looking at but for me the price that popped insulted my intelligence

Has anyone ever heard of anyone ever paying brochure rate? Lol

50% off brochure rate is basically the rate everyone starts at

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been doing that in the past, but now our twins are starting high school.....looks like our cruise schedule is going to be impacted. :)

I met a family on our January 4 cruise who had a 16 yo old with them!!!

We asked and guess what? The kid had just been out of school for 2 week Christmas break and now was out for an additional 2 weeks!

The mom admitted the teachers were pissed at her and so was the kid as noted by his unhappy look the entire cruise.... But heck they saved $500 and the 10 and 12 yo kids were able to join in too! 🙀

IMHO she did them more harm than good as those kids were technically out of the classroom for 4 weeks

Up to maybe 3rd grade I say take them out for a week if need be but after 3rd grade just arrange to take them out at a minimal lose of school time... Like 4 day weeks or a day or 2 before a vacation

Yeah, I think someone addressed it.....later in June only KS50%, I grabbed the earlier June on the cheap.....really cheap when I add in my CAS comp.....$6,000 cruise for $1,200, paid my gambling budget......good return even if I don't win.

See my posts about 3rd person being more than 1st and 2nd.... In late June

Ncl must think we are idiots

And actually I'm not interested in the ba to Bermuda anymore as we are doing a land vacation instead

Edited by luvtheships

It's a Europe cruise so we got to pick 2.

Those in suites got all the choices, and on European sailings they got to choose 2.

Hi there, can you please advise if it was in the recent promotion (the one that finished on this past Monday 6 April) that you were able to choose two complimentary inclusions when you booked a Europe cruise? The reason I ask is that I booked a Western Med cruise on the Epic in that promotion online and was only given the option of choosing one. Thanks

Hi there, can you please advise if it was in the recent promotion (the one that finished on this past Monday 6 April) that you were able to choose two complimentary inclusions when you booked a Europe cruise? The reason I ask is that I booked a Western Med cruise on the Epic in that promotion online and was only given the option of choosing one. Thanks

Europe pick two ended in Feb. The end of Jan they had a sale pick two for Europe OV and higher and even OV had $200 obc as one of the choices. The other two choices were UDP and UBP. Then starting February the obc went down. I think it was $50 OV, $75 bal, $100 ms, $200 suite and $300 haven with suites getting all perks and below suites pick any two. Last weekend of Feb they did another sale for many Europe sailings offering extra obc, extra latitude point and upped the obc... but the really good offers were off times on the Epic. The sales must have pretty good because last weekend of March didn't see the big sales.

Can anyone tell me what the promo code CHOSDBG means? I can get it on my up coming cruise but not sure what it stands for.

Thanks

CHOSDBG...

CHoose On board credit, SHOREX, Dining, Beverage package, Gratuities.

Edited by triptolemus

Europe pick two ended in Feb. The end of Jan they had a sale pick two for Europe OV and higher and even OV had $200 obc as one of the choices. The other two choices were UDP and UBP. Then starting February the obc went down. I think it was $50 OV, $75 bal, $100 ms, $200 suite and $300 haven with suites getting all perks and below suites pick any two. Last weekend of Feb they did another sale for many Europe sailings offering extra obc, extra latitude point and upped the obc... but the really good offers were off times on the Epic. The sales must have pretty good because last weekend of March didn't see the big sales.

Thanks so much for explaining and I guess, even though our booking is not until a January 2017 sailing, booking in March 2015 was still not early enough to get the best deal!

Thanks so much for explaining and I guess, even though our booking is not until a January 2017 sailing, booking in March 2015 was still not early enough to get the best deal!

You booked far enough out that you have a long time until final payment is due. You can cancel and rebook anytime before final payment if something better comes along. If nothing better comes along at least you have the reassurance that you got a low price and a nice perk thrown in. You can also upgrade after final payment if price drops so it pays to keep an eye out. Who knows your sailing with one perk vs two could have been less expensive than when it was two perks.

I always thought those emails sent about the next great sale were bogus because every time I checked they never benefitted me, until finally one made a big difference and it was offered just a couple weeks before my final payment.

You booked far enough out that you have a long time until final payment is due. You can cancel and rebook anytime before final payment if something better comes along. If nothing better comes along at least you have the reassurance that you got a low price and a nice perk thrown in. You can also upgrade after final payment if price drops so it pays to keep an eye out. Who knows your sailing with one perk vs two could have been less expensive than when it was two perks.

I always thought those emails sent about the next great sale were bogus because every time I checked they never benefitted me, until finally one made a big difference and it was offered just a couple weeks before my final payment.

OK thanks for that advice and I'll try to remember to keep a watch out.

We prefer the barebones prices, without promos. In particular, the expensive drinks packages must inflate prices.

We cannot drink enough, nor can our livers manage, to justify purchasing the packages. We don't drink $5 coffee or bottled water, etc.

Cruiselines hate people like me, who spend so little onboard. I'm exactly the type DelRio wants to chase away. He might get his wish.

We're the same way but they lose money on people like us. Can't blame them for wanting to squeeze more money out of us. I'm sure all the cruise lines are trying to do the same thing.

You can cancel and rebook anytime before final payment if something better comes along.

Can someone please explain this? Other than the South America cruise I just booked, all our cruises have been fairly last minute decisions.

NCL's price guarantee says you have to make a request within 48 hrs of booking but I see regularly see comments about people getting their cruise repriced or upgrading during a promo. Some say their travel agent even notifies them if the price drops. NCL's FAQs say if the price drops you can cancel and rebook but you have to agree to the new terms and conditions. I assume that means whatever specials are in place at that time. So if you cancel and rebook, you don't lose the deposit?

Is there a change fee? Does it make a difference whether you book directly with the cruise or with a travel agent? Can any travel agent do this?

We're just off a Princess ship and decided to give Norwegian a try. Got what I think is an awesome deal on the Getaway with the four of us in a Mini-Suite for approx $800 each including taxes, fees, tips, etc plus we have the dining plan included for all four of us...not bad IMO! Really looking forward to our first ever voyage on Norwegian!

Can someone please explain this? Other than the South America cruise I just booked, all our cruises have been fairly last minute decisions.

NCL's price guarantee says you have to make a request within 48 hrs of booking but I see regularly see comments about people getting their cruise repriced or upgrading during a promo. Some say their travel agent even notifies them if the price drops. NCL's FAQs say if the price drops you can cancel and rebook but you have to agree to the new terms and conditions. I assume that means whatever specials are in place at that time. So if you cancel and rebook, you don't lose the deposit?

Is there a change fee? Does it make a difference whether you book directly with the cruise or with a travel agent? Can any travel agent do this?

NCL posts the terms and schedule for when you might or might not lose part of a deposit. What people are doing is completely canceling their reservations. There is no change fee, because it isn't really a change - it's a cancellation and then brand new booking. That's why any previous promos would be lost, and you'd get whatever the current promos are instead.

NCL posts the terms and schedule for when you might or might not lose part of a deposit.

Thanks LrgPizza. I knew about the cancellation fee chart, I just read it incorrectly. I was thinking you always lost the deposit. Doh!

We prefer the barebones prices, without promos. In particular, the expensive drinks packages must inflate prices.

We cannot drink enough, nor can our livers manage, to justify purchasing the packages. We don't drink $5 coffee or bottled water, etc.

Insides are still close to barebones.

With others like rci x they offer barebones on GTY rates.

The promos have caught on with many of the cruise lines. I have noticed a large increase in Transatlantic pricing.

We did a TA on Celebrity Infinity in 2013 for less than $800 pp;

We did a TA on NCL Star in 2014 for less than $800 pp

Check TA prices for balconies (that is what we had) and all are 50% more.

We don't do the Caribbean, so I cannot address those prices, but in the past year and a half, European and Australian/NZ cruises have gone up as well. Someone can probably cite a specific case, but i am talking about most prices.

The promos have caught on with many of the cruise lines. I have noticed a large increase in Transatlantic pricing.

We did a TA on Celebrity Infinity in 2013 for less than $800 pp;

We did a TA on NCL Star in 2014 for less than $800 pp

Check TA prices for balconies (that is what we had) and all are 50% more.

We don't do the Caribbean, so I cannot address those prices, but in the past year and a half, European and Australian/NZ cruises have gone up as well. Someone can probably cite a specific case, but i am talking about most prices.

The 4/27/15 Star TA has inside gty for $399. Aft balcony is $999.