MS Westerdam - Sail Away -- Sat, Apr 11

Krazy Kruizers

We had a great, if deafening sail away, didn't we? Then we retired to the Crow's Nest....... Thanks for the photos. We got a good internet deal - $149 for the cruise, but we're not sure if it ends in San Diego. Even if it does, it's a pretty good deal. We'll be back before we know it.

I posted a link to the rest of the photos. It's message #90 in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2193855

Great photos! Thanks for sharing. When I watched on the webcam it was blurry for me so appreciate being able to try to pick out who was who on your photos.:)

Which ones are Jacqui and Jose? AKA Kazu.

In the wide photo I posted, she's a little obstructed. If you follow this link, you will see her in a white top, to the right of the shorter (rightmost) gentleman in a hat. I'm on my phone, so I can't quite tell if the man in the hat is Sapper1's DH or Kazu's. We're leaning towards Sapper's hubby - but that could change. We're at the pool at our condo listening to a big band concert. We'll check when it's over.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fir1xn34m8dypdw/Westerdam-20150411-22.jpg?dl=0

Edited by POA1

Thanks for the photos, POA. Much appreciated! We were down at our new house and all I had was my phone...from which I watched the sail-away.

Sapper and Lizzie are standing at the rail below the navy blue "Canucks"

sign. That is Jacqui most definitely in the white. Tried to find Mumsy and Martin but can't make them out.

Those are the only peeps I know. Would love to have done this cruise with the Sail-Away Gang but we're moving instead. :D On April 21. And on May 9, we'll recuperate on a cruise to Bermuda.

Sadly, I held fast to my 5PM deadline to leave for the Symphony, heard the departure toot and saw Westie heading for the turn but missed a whole lot of celebration. I just went through about 10 pages of this thread with great commentary and photos. Thanks everybody for helping me experience it second hand.

Roy

I think your right, she (Kauz) is obstructed by what I believe to be the window washing equipment and she would be standing next to Scrapnana in the blue holding the orange Hal flag. Its hard to tell or is she left of the person in the hat? Oh heck I give up guess will just have to ask her.

Edited by PathfinderEss

In the wide photo I posted, she's a little obstructed. If you follow this link, you will see her in a white top, to the right of the shorter (rightmost) gentleman in a hat. I'm on my phone, so I can't quite tell if the man in the hat is Sapper1's DH or Kazu's. We're leaning towards Sapper's hubby - but that could change. We're at the pool at our condo listening to a big band concert. We'll check when it's over.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fir1xn34m8dypdw/Westerdam-20150411-22.jpg?dl=0

Thanks POA1 and inlady1.

It seems weird to have no HAL ships sailing out on a Sunday. No Eurodam and no Nieuw Amsterdam today. There are still 5 cruise ships, but none are Holland America. :(

I feel the same way! I checked this morning and am now going through withdrawal.

Deb

It seems weird to have no HAL ships sailing out on a Sunday. No Eurodam and no Nieuw Amsterdam today. There are still 5 cruise ships, but none are Holland America. :(

I feel the same way! I checked this morning and am now going through withdrawal.

Deb

Just a reminder. While HAL has nothing in Fort Lauderdale, the penultimate Ryndam Tampa sailaway is today.

http://porttampawebcam.com

I plan to be watching.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

Just a reminder. While HAL has nothing in Fort Lauderdale, the penultimate Ryndam Tampa sailaway is today.

http://porttampawebcam.com

I plan to be watching.

Roy

Thanks Roy! Not just for telling us about the second to last Ryndam sailing from Tampa this season, but for doing it with a vocabulary word. :D