Car parking advice for a Newcastle departure

Pitpatjan

Just checked the cruise parking charges at Newcastle port and they are a staggering £9.50 per day. Does anyone out there know any alternative? Maybe a parking business offering transit or a local hotel that allows you to leave your car with them if you stay overnight before the cruise.

Thanks for any help.

some premier inn let you park while you are away if you stay before or after your night in the hotel, some of them charge and some don't.

There also should be some parking company's who like park safe or direct parking, who do park and shuttle to the airport. Google them.

I don't think £9.50 per day is particularly staggering because CPS parking in Southampton charge more per day than that. e.g. 7 days costs £89. It's just something we put up with for the convenience.

I take it that the Newcastle port is actually at North Shields? which is a few miles away from Newcastle itself.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have had no success googling. It seems most of the parking businesses are around the airport and that is a too far away.

I never pay much for parking in Southampton - usually have valet parking with Purple or Cruise Parking rather than CPS. I have 2 weeks in May for £88 (with transfer rather than valet) - so I was a bit surprised to find they quoted over £250 for 4 weeks for a less busy port. I suppose it depends on the competition.

I'll try Premier Inn in the area and see what I find. I'll post it here if I find somewhere close.

If anyone local knows of a business I'm interested. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the suggestions. I have had no success googling. It seems most of the parking businesses are around the airport and that is a too far away.

I never pay much for parking in Southampton - usually have valet parking with Purple or Cruise Parking rather than CPS. I have 2 weeks in May for £88 (with transfer rather than valet) - so I was a bit surprised to find they quoted over £250 for 4 weeks for a less busy port. I suppose it depends on the competition.

I'll try Premier Inn in the area and see what I find. I'll post it here if I find somewhere close.

If anyone local knows of a business I'm interested. Thanks.

There's a Premier Inn right at the port.The port doubles as a Ferry Terminal for DFDS. The cruise ships leave from there as well