Britannia Cruise Review 28th March. Very long review.........

kevinyork

Thanks for the great balanced review and pics. We have a midship cabin on our cruise in October so shame about the lack of staircase there. We never use the lifts apart from the self disembark at Southampton so thankfully the lift situation won't bother us. If we were going to the front or back of the ship we tended to walk to the relevant staircase along the corridor of our floor so hopefully won't be too bad.

Can't believe you can't access your onboard account and other interactive services on the TV in the cabin that would bother me more than the lifts.

Looking forward to trying lots of the new things she has to offer.

Did you happen to know the cost of the retreat?

Hi Kevin

Fantastic, informative review and thank you for posting. We are cruising on Britannia in June and are in a cabin A deck, aft. We are now looking at the deck plans so that we can work out our routes around the ship so that we do not use the lifts - this will hopefully keep the pounds off that we would normally put on ;)

Many thanks, Susan

Did you happen to know the cost of the retreat?

Hi, no sorry, we didnt use it Im afraid and I didnt see a tariff. It works a little differently in that you pay down at the Spa on Deck 5 and get a passcard that opens the door to the retreat on Deck 17 next to the Serenity pool. Here's a couple of pics of the Retreat:

c68bc65f25d057d565f302b9cac065c8.jpg41bf22b6b157b2b65b274b9a10b39c00.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lovely meeting you on board on board. I enjoyed reading your review and will be posting mine plus our video cabin tour today. Our video ship tour may take longer.

Yes nice to meet you and your family too. Looking forward to your video tour!

Thanks for your fantastically detailed and very balanced review. I did find Azura too big when we tried her in the Caribbean so might just do a 2-nighter on Britannia just to see her. I thought the walk from Bow to Stern on Azura was bad enough! Also, despite my forum name, I now sail solo sometimes since being widowed in 2012 and find the camaraderie of the smaller/medium ships very welcoming.

Excellent comprehensive review Kevin. Hopefully the lifts will be sorted by September.

Dai

Yes the best review yet of Britannia.

Not sure how the lift problems as reported the OP and others could be fixed by September or any time very soon though.

David.

Yes the best review yet of Britannia.

Not sure how the lift problems as reported the OP and others could be fixed by September or any time very soon though.

David.

Sorry I should have said the ones which would not work. Although I had dears that they were going to take her back in cut her in half and put in a giant staircase right in the middle. :)

Kevin would you have any objections to me using your review in other forums ?

Thanks

Dai

Edited by daiB

Sorry I should have said the ones which would not work. Although I had dears that they were going to take her back in cut her in half and put in a giant staircase right in the middle. :)

Kevin would you have any objections to me using your review in other forums ?

Thanks

Dai

Hi Dai,

No not at all.

Kevin.

Am I right in thinking that if you use the forward stairs you wouldn't need to use the lifts to get around? We have a forward cabin booked! :)

Yes thats right, apart from if you are dining in the Oriental Restaurant as you can only access that by the aft lift and stairs.

Edited by kevinyork

Final pics, some more pool shots.

27930d7f3a88b99f2ba2ba4c70347624.jpg033086bc021036b33d14d6d94044d38d.jpg5bebeb2fddd718c39d678c2579e16ec0.jpg

and a shot showing the balcony depth with recliners, table and foot stool.

ccd5d65bb4a8c793c75191ee6870879e.jpg

and the excellent Grab n Go ( taken from another review site )

630e63cebf1489cf959b2a68c1a04180.jpg

Edited by kevinyork

Thanks indeed for producing such a comprehensive and interesting review.

We are doing the same Britannia cruise in July (with reversed itinerary) and can't wait.

Thankfully the lifts shouldn't be an issue for us as we tend to avoid them on a cruise and strangely enjoy walking along the ship's length. We also have an aft cabin right next to the staircase.

We too haven't sailed with P&O for years, preferring Princess and Celebrity, so your positive comparative comments were reassuring.