Platinum Laundry Now One Per Cabin

Starry Eyes

I haven't asked. Would I ask at a bar or where? We are just not big wine drinkers.

i think your stateroom steward brings you the perks so ask him or her...i am sure he will ask and i am sure it will be granted since soda is cheaper than the wine and if not i would be surprised..GOOD LUCK :)

Edited by qtaromar1970

I haven't asked. Would I ask at a bar or where? We are just not big wine drinkers.

I agree with the poster above that the cabin steward would be the best place to start. If they are unable to do it for you check with the cruise consultant they take care of the Platinum folks. Also the wine you get at Le Bistro can be traded as well. If you are not wine drinkers perhaps you would like a cocktail instead. I have heard of others changing the bottle for two cocktails.

Rochelle

We traded our two free platinum dinners at Le Bistro for dinner at Moderno and La Cucina - we asked if we could trade the bottle of wine for sodas in Moderno and he said we could or we could have two drinks from the bar. They also gave us sodas at La Cucina, and the waiter brought us a bottle of wine anyway and told us we could take it with us. We just gave that to one of our neighbors that we met while standing on our balcony.

DH and I were in the same sailing as the OP. This was our first cruise as platinum. We traveled with our two children and had adjoining cabins. We only used one of our two laundry vouchers. We did the behind the scenes tour available to platinum members and after touring the laundry room, I was glad that we did not make more laundry for the workers. The room was so loud and hot. We were excited to receive four vouchers(two per cabin) for dinner at. Le Bistro, Moderno, and LaCucina. We used vouchers at each. On the last night we chose to eat in the MDR, but were able to get our free bottle of wine from the voucher.

Once upon a time in a far away NCL loyal cruisers looked forward to becoming Latitudes PLatinum. Why? well to get those perks of coueaw. We wanted the restaurant, the wine, the chocolates, the strawberries etc. We cruised and cruised to we finally got there. We saw that when we get to 250 points it was another milestone and we wondered WHAT WILL WE GET? what will we get at 500? at 1000? we kept on cruising. The more we cruised the more we wondered until we reached the 250 mile mark all excited we thought WOW we will get on board credit perhaps more booze maybe another restaurant voucher but NOPE NCL is adding more gratuities, more charges for food, maybe one restaurant voucher per stateroom maybe one laundry per stateroom and instead of being excited to earning more points some cruisers got discouraged.

The 250 mile finally arrived and here it is!:D:D:D:

I am not discouraged hopefully NCL will keep loyal customer happy that is all i ask..Happy Cruising. I will always choose freestyle.

" due to NCL making cutbacks maybe the 500 point mark will be 2 atlas" only time will tell.

304948466_latitudes1.jpg.9fec5728314e81b7b3f9ca5261a33d72.jpg

775230871_latitudes2.jpg.ffe3b9c0f7732ca40cd35bc6cd9c0511.jpg

1522558358_latitudes3.jpg.59f3f0cd61de5f23627cdf1570df2176.jpg

Edited by qtaromar1970

We must be doing something right out platinum laundry comes back pressed on hangers and a bag for the smalls on our last few trips.

A full bag can have 30+ items.

Just put platinum on the bag/item slip never had a problem(ie charged).

Funny how different cruise consultants have a different few on getting your perks.

Once upon a time in a far away NCL loyal cruisers looked forward to becoming Latitudes PLatinum. Why? well to get those perks of coueaw. We wanted the restaurant, the wine, the chocolates, the strawberries etc. We cruised and cruised to we finally got there. We saw that when we get to 250 points it was another milestone and we wondered WHAT WILL WE GET? what will we get at 500? at 1000? we kept on cruising. The more we cruised the more we wondered until we reached the 250 mile mark all excited we thought WOW we will get on board credit perhaps more booze maybe another restaurant voucher but NOPE NCL is adding more gratuities, more charges for food, maybe one restaurant voucher per stateroom maybe one laundry per stateroom and instead of being excited to earning more points some cruisers got discouraged.

The 250 mile finally arrived and here it is!:D:D:D:

I am not discouraged hopefully NCL will keep loyal customer happy that is all i ask..Happy Cruising. I will always choose freestyle.

" due to NCL making cutbacks maybe the 500 point mark will be 2 atlas" only time will tell.

Just wait until you get the 700 point milestone reward [emoji23]

b344bdcf37d041e66f5a459e273100f5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Just off the Jewel today after a lovely cruise, though we did have one surprise. We had previously had one free bag of laundry per Platinum member but now, now just one bagel cabin per cruise. We asked the cruise consultant Jorge about it and he said it was the new policy (though I believe he would have let us do a second bag this time if we had asked).

As a couple, we liked having two free bags,and we may pack a bit more if we only get one bag per cabin . Thought I'd share in case it impacts how others pack. Sorry if this is old news to some here, but it was new to me..

Thanks for telling me. Would the second bag be at a reduced price?

Just off the Jewel today after a lovely cruise, though we did have one surprise. We had previously had one free bag of laundry per Platinum member but now, now just one bagel cabin per cruise. We asked the cruise consultant Jorge about it and he said it was the new policy (though I believe he would have let us do a second bag this time if we had asked).

As a couple, we liked having two free bags,and we may pack a bit more if we only get one bag per cabin . Thought I'd share in case it impacts how others pack. Sorry if this is old news to some here, but it was new to me..

We also received only one Platinum Laundry certificate on our January 10-17 cruise, on the Jewel (in an Owner's Suite). So, neither category, nor timing of the cruise, seem to be factors. (not such a big deal, this time, since we live in the Houston area.) But, we hope that the policy isn't implemented on upcoming cruises when we have added travel days.

Sorry I don't believe anything Jorge says. He tried a couple of years ago to tell us we did not get a bottle of wine as Platinum since we were in a suite and already got one. As far as laundry I have sent it out twice and just put platinum on the bag and receipt and never had an issue.

Nope, he's right. It is new. We are on Jewel right now. The laundry voucher has both our names on it and we have to put the voucher with our bag of laundry. No more just writing Platinum on the bag. Must also put the voucher with it.

Edited by NMLady

Nope, he's right. It is new. We are on Jewel right now. The laundry voucher has both our names on it and we have to put the voucher with our bag of laundry. No more just writing Platinum on the bag. Must also put the voucher with it.

well this Jorge is implementing his own rules. I just checked Latitudes Platinum benefits and the laundry it still per person who EARNED their benefit. We will be on the Jewel this coming Saturday so hopefully it wont be the case. :-(

Edited by qtaromar1970

As for the laundry perk it has always been one bag per cruise per room but on our last cruise 14 Panama in Jan. we sent a bag first week under my name and second week under partners name (not married) with no problems and plan on doing the same on our up coming 12 day cruise.

Nope, it used to be one bag per platinum member per cruise, regardless of length of cruise. That is how you were able to use two. On our cruise on the Star in 2013 my husband and I each got a certificate for free laundry bag on each segment of our b2b cruise. And it was not a voucher that we had to include in the bag. We only had to put Platinum on a bag with his name on it and use my name for the next bag.

But right now on Jewel both our names are on a single voucher and the voucher must be included with the bag.

Edited by NMLady

As a Platinum member doing laundry service, what is the turn around time for laundry? I know that when the ships does its one bag for the whole ship it is in by Wednesday out by Friday afternoon. Not much leeway for cutting down on luggage.

As a Platinum member doing laundry service, what is the turn around time for laundry? I know that when the ships does its one bag for the whole ship it is in by Wednesday out by Friday afternoon. Not much leeway for cutting down on luggage.

Do it on the non general bag day, give the cabin steward a hint, they deliver and collect the laundry so can have a significant impact on turnaround time.

They probably deliver/collect them in batches as they need to go down to laundry(long way for an aft steward).

In in the morning, next day evening turnaround is possible sometimes quicker(evening to evening).

When platinum got the proper tour, time the bag right and you do the laundry visit when your bag is being processed.

When we did our 2 bags in January on Star they were back same day. .....and all nicely hung in our wardrobe!

BA 2 weeks ago - our written notice was 1 bag each Platinum member in (each) stateroom and any day of the week - disclaimer: YMMV, of course & especially on a different ship. Had enough for 1 full bag so left it for our Steward on Day 4 (late in the day) so it came back on morning of Day 6 (she did went down to the room to check on Day 5's afternoon/evening - wasn't ready) in a basket, folded & stack high. Coming home after 7 days with just 1/2 of the suitcase worth of laundry is far better than a full one.

We always wash swimwear afterward & air dry them ourselves and DW's delicate items never go into the laundry bag.

Now, "that we know the behind-the-scene crews are part of the DSC, would we get exceptional service & faster turnaround - I'm all "ears" for it & of any exceptional recognition for additional tip. :D " <sarcasm - off mode again>

Edited by mking8288

well this Jorge is implementing his own rules. I just checked Latitudes Platinum benefits and the laundry it still per person who EARNED their benefit. We will be on the Jewel this coming Saturday so hopefully it wont be the case. :-(

It does not matter whether the website has been updated or not. When you board the Jewel on Saturday you will see that you will not each get a free laundry bag notice but will get one voucher with both your names on it and the voucher must be placed inside the laundry bag. So, only one usage.

The website list is often behind. The laundry perk when it first came out was listed simply as Free Laundry so we thought it was unlimited. But we each got one free bag. It was another week or two before the website caught up with what was actual practice.

It does not matter whether the website has been updated or not. When you board the Jewel on Saturday you will see that you will not each get a free laundry bag notice but will get one voucher with both your names on it and the voucher must be placed inside the laundry bag. So, only one usage.

The website list is often behind. The laundry perk when it first came out was listed simply as Free Laundry so we thought it was unlimited. But we each got one free bag. It was another week or two before the website caught up with what was actual practice.

From reading this thread - it still appears Jorge is making up his own rules and coupons. Who do you think prints out the Latitude "Coupons" on the ship but the Latitude Rep. Every other ship that has been mentioned is going by the website - one bag per Platinum member. Only the Jewel appears to be limiting it to one per stateroom. :mad:

From reading this thread - it still appears Jorge is making up his own rules and coupons. Who do you think prints out the Latitude "Coupons" on the ship but the Latitude Rep. Every other ship that has been mentioned is going by the website - one bag per Platinum member. Only the Jewel appears to be limiting it to one per stateroom. :mad:

As I pointed out earlier Jorge has a history of making up his own rules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I emailed the Latitudes dept a couple days ago asking if this is a change, a test, a mistake, or if Jorge is doing it on his own...unfortunately I got an autoreply that questions would be answered in the order received and it would be 4 to 6 weeks (we must have a lot of questions about NCL changes...I usually get a reply in a couple days LOL).

I could have telephoned, but despite that my next sailing is less than a month away (on the Jewel), it's just not that big a deal to me. We'll just plan on bringing an extra suitcase and go with 'whatever' :)

Edited by mbisson