Platinum Laundry Now One Per Cabin

Starry Eyes

And last May on the Jewel we even had a big fight to get our 2nd bottle of sparkling wine. We both were Platinum and we were staying in a Haven Suite so we thought we would get 2 bottles of sparkling wine, but only got one. I think we finally got the concierge to get us the 2nd bottle but they kept on insisting that it was only 1 bottle per suite. :confused:

Time2cruise indicated he had the same problem...also with Jorge.

When I started this thread, I believed it was new change in the latitudes program because that is exactly what Jorge told us.

It appears that Jorge has a propensity to make up his own rules, in these cases to the detriment of platinum members. I hope NCL reads this and reminds Jorge that NCL (not he) make the latitudes rules. I also hope people print/carry along the NCL answer and,if given the wrong allowance, send one bag per platinum whether they need it or not. The sooner Jorge stops the nonsense the better.

Edited by Starry Eyes

When I started this thread, I believed it was new change in the latitudes program because that is exactly what Jorge told us.

It appears that Jorge has a propensity to make up his own rules, in these cases to the detriment of platinum members. I hope NCL reads this and reminds Jorge that NCL (not he) make the latitudes rules. I also hope people print/carry along the NCL answer and,if given the wrong allowance, send one bag per platinum whether they need it or not. The sooner Jorge stops the nonsense the better.

Who is this "Jorge"??? :confused:

Who is this "Jorge"??? :confused:

Well, don't blame it all on 'poor' Jorge :( the onboard Cruise Consultant, he isn't one of the behind-the-scene crew and left out of the pool for the DSC and autogratuity scheme, perhaps he would be kinder if some of you sailing the Jewel would 'take care' of him for providing exceptional services otherwise :D Or, is he doing his bid to help the ship stay within budget & keep expenses low while jacking up laundry charges for those that must get extra washes done ?

-

NCL social media "intel" officer monitoring CC, would you please kindly acknowledge this matter discussed & have HQ in MIA contact the ship's "command" that Jorge report to and address this matter, forthwith, please. Thank you. Otherwise, I suggest taking up the issues with each & every subsequent Jewel sailing's Meet & Greet until this is "corrected" - they might not take any questions or comments - show them the email & inform them.

Let's see if this might help things a bit - I know this is another one of those small first world problems, not everyone qualified for these perks & Platinum members aren't necessary the over-entitled as we/they earned these benefits as pledged by NCL, not honoring it - is unacceptable - accountability goes up the chains of command ...

Edited by mking8288

But Jorge wasn't the cruise consultant manager on our cruise on the Jewel last May when our problems occurred. Whom should one consult if not getting what you feel you are entitled to due to Platinum status and/or Haven status?

But Jorge wasn't the cruise consultant manager on our cruise on the Jewel last May when our problems occurred. Whom should one consult if not getting what you feel you are entitled to due to Platinum status and/or Haven status?

Oops, since you said it happened on Jewel, I thought incorrectly it was Jorge. Who was your cruise consultant when this happened to you? Any chance your cruise consultant was filling in for Jorge while he was on vacation/leave?

Were I in a suite and felt I was not getting my latitudes and suite benefits both, I'd probably discuss it with the cruise consultant...or maybe the concierge.

Oops, since you said it happened on Jewel, I thought incorrectly it was Jorge. Who was your cruise consultant when this happened to you? Any chance your cruise consultant was filling in for Jorge while he was on vacation/leave?

Were I in a suite and felt I was not getting my latitudes and suite benefits both, I'd probably discuss it with the cruise consultant...or maybe the concierge.

Kimberly Bennett was our Cruise Consultant Manager. We did discuss it with the concierge (Bruno Dentone) but didn't get much satisfaction. We got the response something like, "oh, the benefits have changed but they're not shown on our website yet". And that was last May!

Kimberly Bennett was our Cruise Consultant Manager. We did discuss it with the concierge (Bruno Dentone) but didn't get much satisfaction. We got the response something like, "oh, the benefits have changed but they're not shown on our website yet". And that was last May!

Brunolvr. I wrote to NCL directly and they said otherwise that benefits have not changed at all. IF you go backwards on this thread you will find the letter they wrote to me. Is obvious someone is lying and is hard to know who:(. I tend to take Mia Headquarters at its word not a ship cruise consultant whoever they are:)

I am sorry to hear that the concierge was not helpful. Isn't that ignoring the job's raison d'être?

It sounds like games are being played on Jewel with benefits....in your adding was a bottle of sparkling wine and in mine a bag of laundry. .Those are not necessities and not expensive to the ship, yet we both remember them and have spent to time to them post here, sharing our experiences. Are NCL's personnel so shortsighted?

We are just off the Pearl absolutely no truth to only one bag per cabin. The letter, in our cabin did say, entitled to a bag of laundry, but did not say "one per cabin" it just happened to be addressed to both platinum cruisers. We did one bag with hubby's number and name on it and later did a second with mine. Ther were no questions asked and our cabin steward said, each of us got a bag. Has anyone tried to do two bags? Of course unless you are on a 10 day or longer cruise there probably would be no reason to need to do 2 bags anyway.

We are just off the Pearl absolutely no truth to only one bag per cabin. The letter, in our cabin did say, entitled to a bag of laundry, but did not say "one per cabin" it just happened to be addressed to both platinum cruisers. We did one bag with hubby's number and name on it and later did a second with mine. Ther were no questions asked and our cabin steward said, each of us got a bag. Has anyone tried to do two bags? Of course unless you are on a 10 day or longer cruise there probably would be no reason to need to do 2 bags anyway.

I have done 2 bags several times with no problem including 2 weeks ago on the Pearl 11 day. They had 2 bag specials and sent one each time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

From the reports this far, laundry perk discrepancy seems to be limited to the Jewel (where the cruise conultant provides only one coupon per cabin with instructions to place coupon in laundry bag). And per another poster, NCL corporate thinks Jewlel is wrong. I wish I could amend the thread title.

AS I said earlier this morning, we had no problems.

AS I said earlier this morning, we had no problems.

Do you mean your post about no problems on the Pearl?

As I said earlier, the issue seems to be on the Jewel. I had no difficulty sending one bag per platinum on any previous cruise, only on the recent Jewel cruise. Others on this thread noted the same issue on the Jewel. Maybe with some pressure, the staff onJewel will fall into line with corporate policy; I hope so. Wish I could re title the thread to include Jewel, but I do not think that is possible.

Do you mean your post about no problems on the Pearl?

As I said earlier, the issue seems to be on the Jewel. I had no difficulty sending one bag per platinum on any previous cruise, only on the recent Jewel cruise. Others on this thread noted the same issue on the Jewel. Maybe with some pressure, the staff onJewel will fall into line with corporate policy; I hope so. Wish I could re title the thread to include Jewel, but I do not think that is possible.

I am sorry I did misread your post. I didn't pay attention to it just being a Jewel problem. We are sailing the Jewel in Oct. Luckily it is only a 7 dayer, so we are happy with only 1 bag if that is all we get. If it were a longer cruise I would not be a happy camper or cruiser.

I am sorry I did misread your post. I didn't pay attention to it just being a Jewel problem. We are sailing the Jewel in Oct. Luckily it is only a 7 dayer, so we are happy with only 1 bag if that is all we get. If it were a longer cruise I would not be a happy camper or cruiser.

Let's hope the Jewel staff resolve the issue long before you cruise her in the fall. I like having the option of an extra bag even on a shorter cruise; should a spill or other mishap occur to a needed item, one likely would send the that item right away.

Just off the Jewel today after a lovely cruise, though we did have one surprise. We had previously had one free bag of laundry per Platinum member but now, now just one bagel cabin per cruise. We asked the cruise consultant Jorge about it and he said it was the new policy (though I believe he would have let us do a second bag this time if we had asked).

As a couple, we liked having two free bags,and we may pack a bit more if we only get one bag per cabin . Thought I'd share in case it impacts how others pack. Sorry if this is old news to some here, but it was new to me..

I am just curious... How much money are we talking about to pay for a second bag of laundry?

I am just curious... How much money are we talking about to pay for a second bag of laundry?

If send the day of the "stuff the bag" social, the cost would be low...maybe $25 or so. If sent a different day when charges a by the item, a full bag could be rather pricey.

Turning around the question, what is the cost to the cruise line to process one more bag?

For relatively short cruises, one bag is generally plenty for DH and I (assuming we start with all clean clothes, rather than boarding with some dirty from days of precruise travels). I still like knowing I have an extra allotment in case of an accident. And I like knowing the allotment if I am trying to pack lightly. For longer cruises, sending laundry twice for free is appreciated.

If send the day of the "stuff the bag" social, the cost would be low...maybe $25 or so. If sent a different day when charges a by the item, a full bag could be rather pricey.

Turning around the question, what is the cost to the cruise line to process one more bag?

For relatively short cruises, one bag is generally plenty for DH and I (assuming we start with all clean clothes, rather than boarding with some dirty from days of precruise travels). I still like knowing I have an extra allotment in case of an accident. And I like knowing the allotment if I am trying to pack lightly. For longer cruises, sending laundry twice for free is appreciated.

I am not certain how many platinum cruisers are on each ship, and I agree, that, it would be nice to have a bag for each one, but it seems like $25 (or more on other days) saves NCL quite a bit of money. We are a little disappointed that they don't offer free laundry for Suites, but, it is not a deal breaker. We looking forward to our first NCL cruise. (even without free laundry). Platinum? You must be pretty pleased with NC. Please convince me that we will enjoy our August trip.:)

I am not certain how many platinum cruisers are on each ship, and I agree, that, it would be nice to have a bag for each one, but it seems like $25 (or more on other days) saves NCL quite a bit of money. We are a little disappointed that they don't offer free laundry for Suites, but, it is not a deal breaker. We looking forward to our first NCL cruise. (even without free laundry). Platinum? You must be pretty pleased with NC. Please convince me that we will enjoy our August trip.:)
I'm also Platinum and have to say, if one needs to be convinced that they will enjoy a trip, they likely won't enjoy it.

I've never had a bad cruise. Some have been better than others, but never one that was bad. I think the reason is, I always go in with the attitude that I'm going to have a great time and I don't sweat the small stuff. I do what I want to do and spend my money how I want to spend it. You'll never find me looking for issues to complain about, like some passengers do.

If you go in knowing you will enjoy yourself, you usually will have a great cruise.

I'm also Platinum and have to say, if one needs to be convinced that they will enjoy a trip, they likely won't enjoy it.

I've never had a bad cruise. Some have been better than others, but never one that was bad. I think the reason is, I always go in with the attitude that I'm going to have a great time and I don't sweat the small stuff. I do what I want to do and spend my money how I want to spend it. You'll never find me looking for issues to complain about, like some passengers do.

If you go in knowing you will enjoy yourself, you usually will have a great cruise.

Thanks for responding.. We have never had anything but wonderful experiences either, but we have only sailed with Princess. I would love to hear what avid NCL cruisers love about NCL.

1. The number of platinum cruises varies greatly by ship and sailing. The % platinum on our recent sailing semd by far the lowest we have experienced for several years (more young families, more first timers, maybe on spring break). I do not think the number of platinums kept them from offering the second bag.

2. NCL certainly did not save $25 by giving DH and I only one coupon to share. First, that is not the marginal cost of another bag of laundry; NCL's expenses would be quite low. Secondly, had they given us two, we'd likely have dirtied and laundered exactly the same number of items. I could have packed a bit more in the one bag we did send; it is not that we needed the second bag. We had been traveling for two weeks prior to the cruise, but did laundry at a rental condo before boarding so all was clean on boarding day. Had that condo washer been out of order or if we had been too busy, we then would have really wanted a second bag. I posted here thinking others could pack accordingly, though instead I learned that Jorge misstated NCL policy to my face.

3. Pleased with NCL? Yes, this was a very nice, very pleasing cruise. The laundry issue is small, though it is the sort of detail that might impact somebody else's packing decisions. It is now rather easy to make platinum on NCL; if you booked that full (not mini) suite 9+ months in advance, you'll get 3 points per night. Some people get 4 per night using an insider offer. That makes for fast advancement toward platinum.

4. NCL has a different style than Princess; I appreciate the nice points of each. To maximize the experience, I suggest you celebrate the nice things you find on NCL (like grew suite perks) and try not to do a point by point comparison with any other line during the trip...just enjoy. At home afterward think over whether one line suits your family better or if you can love them both. Actual princess comparisons probably belong in a separate thread; do a search and you might find one addressing that topic. If not, do start one.