Crew hanging out on wrap around promenade

Crew, even entertainment staff crew ( my son is one) would not be allowed to sit on a deck chair on the Promenade. Certain rules are bent only if paying family members are sailing, and even then, only if other passengers are not inconvenienced and an area is not crowded. And the crew would still have to get up in those circumstances if passengers were looking for a seat.

The rules are very strict for crew and very strict even when family is sailing regarding where they can and cannot be occupying space.

Crew, even entertainment staff crew ( my son is one) would not be allowed to sit on a deck chair on the Promenade. Certain rules are bent only if paying family members are sailing, and even then, only if other passengers are not inconvenienced and an area is not crowded. And the crew would still have to get up in those circumstances if passengers were looking for a seat.

The rules are very strict for crew and very strict even when family is sailing regarding where they can and cannot be occupying space.

Thanks for the "inside" information. I'm having a real hard time accepting that a crew member was actually sleeping in a deck chair making it hard for passengers to find one.

It's on break I was talking about. If a truck driver pulls into a truck stop, and takes a 5 minute nap in the cab, it really shouldn't be a big deal. Obviously, falling asleep on the road is an issue, but I don't think that's what we're talking about here.

BUT ..... if that "trucker" were taking up the last seat in the McDonalds rest stop where u were gonna go sit and eat your Big Mac Value Meal ... you would be PISSED !!

Riiiiiiiiight ?

Allentownahoy that's what I've seen.

I don't understand why OP has been criticized? There is nothing wrong with asking an opinion.

I have been on many cruises with several cruise lines and when I have encountered staff that was off duty my vacation was never disturbed. In fact one time I walked up behind the captain and some other staff at the buffet and they moved over and told me to go first. I had to insist that I didn't know what I wanted it eat yet to get them to go ahead of me.

Your situation is highly unusual but I do not think guest services is the only place to bring this up. As stated in earlier post -there are cameras all over the ship- IF the staff were being properly supervised THEN the problem would have been handled right away and it would have been a nonissue. The fact that it has occurred several nights of the cruise means it is an issue with the supervisors on this ship and someone else needs to address the problem.

As for the 14 hour day, they deserve a break comments. I have worked retail and customer facing jobs. Most adults have at some time in their life so they understand being tired. However, the customer/passenger is the one paying for the chair so the customer/passenger gets the chair. They are paying to be there the worker is being paid to be there. I believe in rest/breaks but not at the expense of the paying customer. That is why there are areas away from the customers/passengers.