Reiview NCL Pride of America Suite 13002 April 4th, 2015

bosnatis

I will try and finish our 2 days post cruise this weekend. I just want to mention the Aloha swamp meet held on Wednesday, Saturday and Sundays from 8a-3p. We only buy one souvenir each vacation and that is for our pet sitter. We purchased it on one of the islands earlier in the week. We should have waited until the swamp meet. The price was half of what we paid on the island for the same exact item. The place is huge and they have everything you want. Here's the website for more information http://www.alohastadiumswapmeet.net/

It costs $1 per person over the age of 11. You can find shirts for 4 or 5 for $20 or $27 dollars depending on the quality you want. This place will save you some $ if you plan on buying souvenirs. It is about 20 minutes from Wakiki, we had a rental car but I am sure you can find a shuttle as it is a very popular spot.

We just got upgraded to this room yesterday - thank you for the review of your room!

From what I can tell, the one bedroom that NCL is stating on their website is not really a full bedroom, correct? It seems like it is like a hospital where the curtain just goes all the way around bed and then the murphy bed comes out almost right next to it? How much space is in between the curtain and the murphy bed it that is indeed true?

The couch - was it a pull out couch, or a fold down couch? How comfortable was it?

Anything else that you can tell me about the room would be greatly appreciated. We sail in July.

Correct, it is not a full bedroom. It has a curtain and between both beds is about 3 feet. The couch is a pull out and neither of my 3 kids complained. They said it was comfortable and remember complained plus you are very tired after each day so by bedtime everyone was literally passing out. The room has plenty of space and the balcony is incredible. We spend most of our cabin time on the balcony as it has a table with four chairs a few loungers and a smaller table. The bathroom is very spacious and laid out great. We had five in the room and we easily could have had another person without any issues. If you have any other specific questions please ask. Hope you have a great trip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WOW! What a great and thorough review! SO helpful!

Question about the packing of lunches - did you bring your own PB&J aboard the ship initially? And bread? I would really like to incorporate this approach. Keeping growing boys fed during the day goes a long way towards family happiness....and not spending a fortune keeps the parents happy...

Second Question - Beach towels, did you use the ones from the cruise ship or bring your own?

Edited by chkesh96

Yes, we bought the first containers of PB&J and bread at an ABC store next to our hotel in Honolulu. Then at each port we bought more including soda and snacks at a Kmart or small grocery store before boarding each afternoon.

We are thinking of booking this cruise for Thanksgiving of 2016. (We're already going on Oasis this Thanksgiving.) Our son will be 15 at the time of this cruise. By chance, did you notice if they had many things for teens to do. My son is taking a friend on the Oasis but I'm not sure we'll be able to swing bringing a friend on this cruise. Any information you have for the under 18 crowd is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...