Cruise Critic Community

She is home based NEW YORK doing doing the Caribbean :D

Oh my God, she is home based in NEW JERSEY. Why does everyone make this mistake!

Oh my God, she is home based in NEW JERSEY. Why does everyone make this mistake!

When I booked Quantum, the website kept referring to it as New York up until you got your cruise docs + set sail passes. I only knew it's was Bayonne from here.

She came up the river bathed in spring sunshine and two fire tugs spraying there water jets and all the ships giving her a blast on there horns, we will have her for seven months you can have her back for November when your temp,s are down to -10 cel

Because 1) the OP isn't American and therefore wouldn't know the difference - we're not all experts in American geography you know and 2) Because as mentioned cruises to Bayonne are promoted as New York, not New Jersey.....

Nice try but she isn't...

Ok then i wish she was going to China,along with that D DINING.HAVE A GREAT NEXT CRUISE.:)

Edited by caribbean sailor

please tell me lads or lasses i worked on the old QUEEN MARY in the sixtys and docked at pier 90 i think it was 54 st what part of the BIG APPLE was that and has it changed very much thanks HOWARD

Ok then i wish she was going to China,along with that D DINING.HAVE A GREAT NEXT CRUISE.:)

Well don't sail on her if you don't like Dynamic Dining, simple as that.

please tell me lads or lasses i worked on the old QUEEN MARY in the sixtys and docked at pier 90 i think it was 54 st what part of the BIG APPLE was that and has it changed very much thanks HOWARD

54th St is still in New York and is where NCL and other lines tend to dock. RCI and Celebrity use Bayonne in New Jersey. I would assume 54th has had a lot of development since then and there's a lot of new buildings going up in the area.

She's here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great photo!

We will help bring her across the pond to NEW JERSEY in the fall. :)

Just as cruise companies say London for the terminal in Uk when it is miles away in Southampton.

just like the airlines advertising

London-Luton airport

London-Stanstead

when they are no where near London.

Only 65 days to our Anthem cruise :)

Cannot wait to try Dynamic dining;)

As cruise passengers get younger (in mind if not body) I think this type of dining will appeal more and more.

Similiar saying is going out of Los Angelas when it is San Pedro some 30-40 min drive away. Many are confused and end up looking for Hotels in Los Angelas when they need to look at San Pedro or Long Beach which is the recommended place to stay.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

So exciting. Thanks for the picture and the video. I think she is beautiful and I for one can't wait to sail her in Feb. from Bayonne. LOL :D I'm a Jersey Girl and she will be too!

I do seriously hope that Anthem is in a better condition than Quantum was when she first sailed. Hopefully everything will be working, which definitely wasn;t the case on Quantum, also hope the staff are properly trained. I suspect that their will be quite a few negative reviews once again, but I hope that I am wrong, especially now that they are introducing Classic dinning. Most of the negative reviews about Quantum were about the dinning, and also about the lack of staff. Hopefully Royal Caribbean have now got it together. But we will see. I have my doubts as Royal have really gone down hill recently.