Reservation Process for Nellie's Beach Cabanas has changed

sjh422

Customer service agent just confirmed what I thought had happened - not being able to book a NB cabana in advance. She stated that those cabanas could only be booked on board. I guess there will be a mad dash on embarkation days to reserve one.

IF there are any left. I imagine this is to give the suite guests the longest amount of time to book a cabana, in case the barefoot cabanas get all booked up, they have first dibs on the Nellie's beach cabanas.

I don't believe this is "new" - we were able to get a Nellie's on board for our NYE sailing this past year without any issues - but go directly to the excursions desk before boarding. If you are D+ Id take the chance and e mail the concierge anyway. I say this because on this particular sailing the concierge said to me - why didn't you e mail me?

I don't believe this is "new" - we were able to get a Nellie's on board for our NYE sailing this past year without any issues - but go directly to the excursions desk before boarding. If you are D+ Id take the chance and e mail the concierge anyway. I say this because on this particular sailing the concierge said to me - why didn't you e mail me?

I know what you mean, but I want to clarify for someone who might be looking for the excursions desk in the check-in area. You need to board the ship first, and then go to the excursions desk.

I know what you mean, but I want to clarify for someone who might be looking for the excursions desk in the check-in area. You need to board the ship first, and then go to the excursions desk.

WOOPS:o That should have read AFTER boarding - thanks for clarifying! :)

How far in advance can you email concierge?

How far in advance can you email concierge?

I have actually contacted them approx one month out...I would be concerned about waiting too close to sail date. JMHO and what has worked for me...When sailing on the LOS & INDY

Edited by Ashland

Yes, in Sept. out of Ft. Lauderdale on Indy. How about you?
May 17, 2015 -- FR; Aug. 30, 2015 -- FR (our occasional Western); 1-10-2016 -- FR, 6-19-2016 - FR & 2-5-2015 -- OA, which is moving to Port C in November of 2016.

FR is doing the 6 day western/8 day eastern out for FLL after that. Will miss her in Port C

I have actually contacted them approx one month out...I would be concerned about waiting too close to sail date. JMHO and what has worked for me...When sailing on the LOS & INDY

does anyone have the email for the indy concierge? sailing on 7/12/15.

thank you in advance,

Concierge is only for suite guests correct?

Grand Suite and better, plus Diamond Plus and higher C&A level. However, I would expect them to give the suite guests priority for cabana rentals.

Grand Suite and better, plus Diamond Plus and higher C&A level. However, I would expect them to give the suite guests priority for cabana rentals.

I would imagine that would be the case as well, since the suite guests are the ones entitled to reserve at that point, right?

Does anyone have first-hand experience being D+ and having the concierge book a Nellie's cabana for them prior to the cruise?

I would imagine that would be the case as well, since the suite guests are the ones entitled to reserve at that point, right?

Does anyone have first-hand experience being D+ and having the concierge book a Nellie's cabana for them prior to the cruise?

My understanding of Nellie's cabanas is that they are handled by the Shore Excursion people, not the concierge. The concierge handles the Barefoot Beach cabanas.

My understanding of Nellie's cabanas is that they are handled by the Shore Excursion people, not the concierge. The concierge handles the Barefoot Beach cabanas.

So if a D+ is not in a suite, I'm unclear how the concierge can help them book a cabana. The D+ wouldn't be eligible for Barefoot, and the concierge wouldn't be handling Nellie's. Or am I missing something here?

So if a D+ is not in a suite, I'm unclear how the concierge can help them book a cabana. The D+ wouldn't be eligible for Barefoot, and the concierge wouldn't be handling Nellie's. Or am I missing something here?

The concierge could probably help the D+ with a cabana, but only after the suite guests have been given their chance first.