Is Splendor coming back to Long Beach?

InTheWASide

• 3 years later...

These posts were from 2015. The Splendor is here in Long Beach & sailing to Mexico every Saturday.

Does anyone on here know if she was over overhauled? she was launched in 2010(?)

We are thinking about doing this cruise, but now having doubts due to her age IF no rehab. or any recent passengers onboard the Splendor??

In the "old days"-1960s you could go down to the ships, P&O and have lunch onboard & walk around to

see the ship. The ship would blow an all off call and those people would have to go ashore. I remember friends of my parents joining us for lunch and then having to leave :(

We are going to see the ship on Saturday since its right across the bay but one cannot tell the state of the ship by her hull itself.

Thanks much,.

Liz in Long Beach

Sorry. Haven't sailed Splendor since the infamous Swine Flu cruise, however we are booked for a 14 day Hawaii cruise with the family.

DH and I are a bit wary. as she had several issues when she was here last. I did like the décor--DH not so much, and CCL does have fairly large cabins.

Basically, we are hoping the kids program and the Seuss at Sea will be a hit with the Granddaughter. :)

Patti

Sorry. Haven't sailed Splendor since the infamous Swine Flu cruise, however we are booked for a 14 day Hawaii cruise with the family.

DH and I are a bit wary. as she had several issues when she was here last. I did like the décor--DH not so much, and CCL does have fairly large cabins.

Basically, we are hoping the kids program and the Seuss at Sea will be a hit with the Granddaughter. :)

Patti

Hi Patti-we are going in March with our 7 yr old gd & the family, none of which have cruised before. Splendor looks like they have a wonderful kids program and def a big factor in choosing Carnival. We can wait for March 2019

We are all very excited about the cruise & after watching the Splendor leave her berth in LB sat, I booked hubby & I on the same cruise this July for our bds, no presents just water please.

Your 14 day Hawaii cruise will be amazing, I wish for you the best time & many wonderful family memories to be made.

Liz in Long Beach

Splendor is going to be overhauled in Singapore Nov 2019. Then on to Australia

There a repositioning cruise for Splendor to Singapore. Then after Dry Dock. A cruise from Singapore to Australia

It’s on Carnival Website

Have a Great Day and a Better Tomorrow