Cruise Critic Community
CyberTag

Jamies on Anthem

Just noticed that Jamie's on our our upcoming Anthem cruise is now a la carte, like Izumis. Anyone have a menu with the a la carte prices? We already booked and paid for the restaurant when it wasn't a la carte, so not sure how his will be handled.

Edited by CyberTag
Typos

Noticed it had changed to £0.00 on my cruise planner ... Didn't click at the time that it was because it must have been made A'La Carte

I just got off the phone with RCL - I just paid for two reservations for Jaimie's for an upcoming cruise a few days ago

They knew nothing about it going a la carte - both the Diamond desk and Resolutions, but then followed thru and confirmed it. They had no menus, price lists for either the main menu or the children's menu.

I've been to it on Quantum - and a la carte - I'm sure this will be pricey as there are several courses.

I made reservations for our Anthem cruise in June. We will be refunded? Can I cancel and get my refund? :confused:

I would call them and confirm - my cruise is much further out.

They told me to cancel and then rebook, and hopefully not lose my reservation time.

The cancel will refund my $30.

Otherwise it would be credited onboard - or so they say.

They are changing things so fast nowadays - I'm not sure I trust any of their changes.

I saw a menu with prices from onboard - on another site - and frankly I'm not sure I want to spend that much and then have to pay gratuities on top of that.

Royal is making it very hard to keep cruising with them with all these changes. I had booked two nights pre-price increase after two great meals on quantum. You would think that they wouldn't be looking to further break things off on the Anthem after all the issues with the Quantum, but obviously they don't care.

Our Anthem cruise is in one year and I made all our dining reservations, including for Jamie's several months ago. We just recently changed DD to classic late dining and my reservations for DD are still showing and I can't delete them online. Now, I have to figure out Jamie's and hope we can still get the same day/time. I wish they would quit making changes, especially one like this without sending us that have reservations an email.

I totally agree with everyone's posts.

Booking Quantum and keeping up with the changes was painful.

Now I have cruises booked on Anthem - and here we go again.... I also prebooked dining at Jaimie's for my Anthem cruises next year.

I'm just not sure that I want to go thru the torture of having to monitor RCCLs changes as it affects my cruises - again.

Why should we have to go through this disorganization again ?

Haven't they learned ?

Here's a better picture of the Starters/Mains/Pasta menu.

Jamies%20Anthem_zpswqegmtku.jpg

Those are roughly the same price as Jamie's on land

Will be interesting to hear what happens on the first few sailings for those that have rebooked.

We are on a anthem on June and have one evening reserved at Jamie's and just doesn't seem nearly as good an option if everything is a la carte.

According to those who have phoned up to query this - your payment made at the time of booking will be refunded as OBC and you will have to pay the a la carte prices at Jamies.

Surely this is a joke? These prices are the same as you would pay at a Jamie Oliver restaurant on land. Save your money and have a meal there on land, and enjoy the food included in your cruise fare. The food is not that special, seems like a rip off to me.

Surely this is a joke? These prices are the same as you would pay at a Jamie Oliver restaurant on land. Save your money and have a meal there on land, and enjoy the food included in your cruise fare. The food is not that special, seems like a rip off to me.

That is for sure. Even the Jamie's on land tend to be a bit too touristy for my taste and the pricing is similar, especially now that the dollar is very high.

For instance

The Prawn Linguini in Stockholm is 165 Swedish Kronor or $19 and includes a 12% restaurant tax, so it is actually less than onboard the ship price of $18.

Now, in Dubai Jamie's was pricey with the same dish coming in at $32 in Dubai. Jamie's was at the 5 star Jumeirah Beach Hotel where I was staying though.

I wonder if the lunch is the same prices?

Major disappointment, but not surprised. For the flat fee they probably were losing money cause people want to try more than one thing. Now I may just get my refund via OBC and cancel and go the WJ. $15 for a burger??? Not gonna happen with me.

I don't know what people do without Cruise Critic! :) Thanks to the OP for the alert.

We are booked on the Anthem TA this fall, and we've already made a number of dinner reservations, including booking and paying for Jamie's. If they really have switched this to a la carte, there's no excuse for RCI not sending an email to folks who have already booked and paid for Jamie's to notify them of this change. Bad enough they are changing the deal after the fact. At the prices showing on that menu, unless returning Anthem cruisers have nothing but stunning raves about the place, I doubt we'll be going.

I'm just going to cancel Jamie's now and hope I get a refund back on my CC. I Agree an email woulda been nice telling us of the change.

I really hope this isn't true, we are boarding 2 weeks today for my 40th. I booked Jamie's as an extra birthday treat and had hidden the fact there was a cover charge from my lovely mother, I just paid it thinking she would never know the difference! No way I can pull that off now if there is per item pricing grr!

That is really frustrating. I try not to get too worked up about vacation-related things, but it does feel like if I weren't trying to read these boards I would be missing out on important things--like the ability to book classic dining (which I have booked but I never got notice from RC that it was an option). Jamie's sounded great but I am not going to go there and pay a la carte. Has the same change happened for Chops? Maybe I will look at that instead.

I really hope this isn't true, we are boarding 2 weeks today for my 40th. I booked Jamie's as an extra birthday treat and had hidden the fact there was a cover charge from my lovely mother, I just paid it thinking she would never know the difference! No way I can pull that off now if there is per item pricing grr!

It's true

That is for sure. Even the Jamie's on land tend to be a bit too touristy for my taste and the pricing is similar, especially now that the dollar is very high.

For instance

The Prawn Linguini in Stockholm is 165 Swedish Kronor or $19 and includes a 12% restaurant tax, so it is actually less than onboard the ship price of $18.

Now, in Dubai Jamie's was pricey with the same dish coming in at $32 in Dubai. Jamie's was at the 5 star Jumeirah Beach Hotel where I was staying though.

Personally I disagree, we have been lots and never had a bad meal. It is also the closest I have found to real Italian cooking in the UK - just my opinion.

However I wouldn't pay the same price on board as I can pay at home. At the fixed price it was a deal - these a la carte prices are no deal.

Also, where are people seeing menus with prices? I see online that Jamie's is now starting at $0, but the menu has no prices (nor does Izumi which I know is a la carte). I booked DD because I understood that to now be included at dinner and there were no prices on the menu, but I guess no prices on the menu doesn't mean anything and DD does say starting at $0.