Live Review - Anthem of the Seas - Maiden Voyage - 22nd April

We have the select package included with our booking but includes beers and wine up to $9 per glass only. From the OP on this thread will be $17 per day to upgrade to premium and as cocktails are now $14 each really don't need to drink many cocktails to make it worthwhile

Ah I read it as you were making up the difference each time you bought a drink because it was more than the package so you laid the difference each time but I understand what you mean now sorry

Day 2

NORTH STAR

North Star opens at around 7.30 and if you don't want to wait this is the time to go! We basically walked straight on! They have limited North Star to ship observation only which keeps each ride down to around 10 min to keep the queues down.

[ATTACH]347390[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]347391[/ATTACH]

BREAKFAST

We had breakfast in the windjammer. It was very busy, but there were enough stations available to allow a good flow of passengers.

We didn't have a problem getting a table, there was members of staff assisting people to be seated. And we were asked twice if we wanted a drink! So there did not seem to be any staffing issues this morning.

IFLY

Ifly was fantastic! I would certainly recommend this. The check in process was easy! There was a short class explaining safety and then straight up to the wind tunnel. The instructors were very good at assessing who needs some extra assistance and some more encouragement and made sure everyone flew for at least a couple of seconds unaided!

LUNCH AT CAFE270

this is a hidden gem! There is a decent selection of foods and the smaller selection makes you feel a little bit healthier than being at the windjammer!

PUZZLEBREAK

this was a good experience! It took around 60 min to complete the whole experience. One note - this is not available to book on the app you have to seek it out! It is found at fuel on seadays. It's definitely an added value activity to help while away those days at sea. I won't go into this to much as it would spoil your fun at breaking the code and escaping back to the present!

WE WILL ROCK YOU

the main show was amazing! The cast were fantastic, the production and sets were great! This is a must see and I might try to sneak back into another performance!

This was definitely one of the best west end style musical RCI have done!

The run time is actually 105 minutes and NOT 90 minutes as on the cruise planner so take this into consideration when booking your restaurant! It was the full show without an intermission!

DINNER AT CHIC

we were slightly disappointed with our evening meal on day 2 as it was not dynamic dining! They had decided to do a 'taste of quantum' menu with bits taken from all four restaurants and put onto one menu! We have been told that this was a one off and it will be back to normal from day 3!

As the show ran on to almost half 9 the restaurants were very busy after - but everything worked, people were seated with and without reservations! It seems that any problems with DD are not featuring on anthem!

I would like to thank you very much for your honest informative review. I have been searching to find a review as I have been very apprehensive about our cruise on the Anthem of the Seas on 6th May 2015. We have read blogs by people who have had freebies so there is always a question mark with their observations. Its really appreciated that you have taken the time out to help so many people. Good luck on your future cruises

Kind regards

Jean

I would like to thank you very much for your honest informative review. I have been searching to find a review as I have been very apprehensive about our cruise on the Anthem of the Seas on 6th May 2015. We have read blogs by people who have had freebies so there is always a question mark with their observations. Its really appreciated that you have taken the time out to help so many people. Good luck on your future cruises

Kind regards

Jean

I'm glad it wasn't just me that was very sceptical about

the Travel Agent freebies.

How can you possibly rave about a ship after being on it for less than 2 days ?

not enough time for a real review.

If you happen to notice how much they charge for photos if the Ifly experience that would be useful. I doubt my wife will want to be using a camera in the 60 seconds, so I might have to buy one of theirs!

There are a lot of spectators around the Ripcord enclosure who can take pictures for you.;)

Biker, who was the photographer for some Ripcord riders.

I'm glad it wasn't just me that was very sceptical about

the Travel Agent freebies.

How can you possibly rave about a ship after being on it for less than 2 days ?

not enough time for a real review.

Given that they are TAs and have probably been on a lot of FAMS and seen quite a few ships and hotels. I personally think that if they were wowed by a short 2 day experience it must have been pretty good to impress them.

I somehow suspect that you have already made your mind up about this ship.

Given that they are TAs and have probably been on a lot of FAMS and seen quite a few ships and hotels. I personally think that if they were wowed by a short 2 day experience it must have been pretty good to impress them.

TAs will very rarely say anything bad about the new ships that they get freebies on. Their business is to sell cruises after all.

Same goes for a lot of the media, if they say anything bad they won't get invited again.

Some of those guests who got the freebies wouldn't even know what was being talked about if told their cabin was on the hump or aft, so it is unwise to take these freebie reviews seriously in my opinion.

Hi thanks for all your comments so far, it's good to see that everything has mainly been positive.

Hope you can help me with what may seem a trivial request but will have a major bearing on my upcoming cruises on Anthem.

Is the Dreamworks experience on board, I've noticed that the H20 Zone does not have the Dreamworks characters unlike Quantum. However is there still character breakfasts, parades & photo sessions.

Thanks in advance

Hi thanks for all your comments so far, it's good to see that everything has mainly been positive.

Hope you can help me with what may seem a trivial request but will have a major bearing on my upcoming cruises on Anthem.

Is the Dreamworks experience on board, I've noticed that the H20 Zone does not have the Dreamworks characters unlike Quantum. However is there still character breakfasts, parades & photo sessions.

Thanks in advance

Have to say, I have not seen any characters in my wondering about the ship

Have to say, I have not seen any characters in my wondering about the ship

Thanks for the prompt response, can't begin to tell you what a traumatic time we're likely to get if that is the case. One of the main reasons for booking this instead of Disney was Dreamworks was advertised on Anthem.

Hi,

Many thanks for all the useful info posted here.

We're booked on Anthem for the 6th May cruise. Can anyone tell me, please, whether there are power sockets on both sides of the (double) bed? I need to use a CPAP machine at night for sleep apnoea and it would be great to be able to dispense with the extension cable. We are booked into a D2 Balcony cabin, if that makes any difference..... Many thanks.

Marianne

Hi,

Many thanks for all the useful info posted here.

We're booked on Anthem for the 6th May cruise. Can anyone tell me, please, whether there are power sockets on both sides of the (double) bed? I need to use a CPAP machine at night for sleep apnoea and it would be great to be able to dispense with the extension cable. We are booked into a D2 Balcony cabin, if that makes any difference..... Many thanks.

Marianne

I have just checked our cabin. There is one US socket on the right hand side, as you look from the bottom of the bed towards the wall.

Nothing on left

We are in in junior suite.

Thanks for the prompt response, can't begin to tell you what a traumatic time we're likely to get if that is the case. One of the main reasons for booking this instead of Disney was Dreamworks was advertised on Anthem.

Was reading a Q&A session with RCCL on the Dreamworks, and they said "that it isn't on board as there are plenty of entertainment options on board to keep you entertained but the Dreamworks Experience will come to the ship in the future."

Now when that will happen and if at all, time will tell.

I have just checked our cabin. There is one US socket on the right hand side, as you look from the bottom of the bed towards the wall.

Nothing on left

We are in in junior suite.

Many thanks for checking that. It sounds promising.

Regards,

Marianne