Mitsugirly takes great PRIDE in bringing her Spring Break extreme review

mitsugirly

APOLLO FORWARD POOL

P4100161%20copy-L.jpg

P4100162%20copy-L.jpg

I really liked the furniture in this area. It was pretty comfy. The entire side and half of both ends allowed smoking in this area. So, if you are not a smoker or it bothers you, stay out of this area and it's not the pool for you.

P4050032%20copy-L.jpg

P4050091%20%282%29%20copy-L.jpg

BLUE IGUANA CANTINA

(Stage for the DJ and music/dancing at times, other times they would have chairs there for the pool, other times the chairs were turned around toward the screen and it would be movie time. Great use of the area)

P4050027%20copy-L.jpg

P4050200%20copy-L.jpg

P4050026%20copy-L.jpg

P4050201%20copy-L.jpg

P4050202%20copy-L.jpg

P4050204%20copy-L.jpg

I've read several of your reviews and they are great! This is the first time though that we will be sailing the same ship/itinerary.

Your port insight is always helpful too as my son is close in age to your youngest.

Thanks for the pics and details!

BLUE IGUANA CANTINA

P4050205%20copy-L.jpg

Above is the seating area for the Blue Iguana, which happens to be also around the pool. There weren't an abundant amount of pool chairs like there is normally on a deck because of the space these restaurants take up for tables to eat at. So, if you were only looking to swim and a place to sit by the pool, if the chairs were taken up already (which normally they were), then sitting at one of these tables didn't seem to be an option since people were at them eating.

P4050206%20copy-L.jpg

P4100004%20copy-L.jpg

P4100005%20copy-L.jpg

P4100010%20copy-L.jpg

POOL DECK

P4050025%20copy-L.jpg

I was super excited when I found out that the Pride had a retractable roof. I thought that was the neatest thing ever and was hoping and praying they would have it closed at some point during the cruise.

For those that don't know, they can only open and close the roof when they are in port and it can't be done while at sea. So, the Captain determines whether or not it gets closed/opened.

I was happy to see they had it closed when we boarded in Baltimore and it remained closed for the 2 days we were at sea (obviously). They opened it once we made it to Grand Turk.

Now I do know that others complained (I read on here) about it being closed and compared it to being at the local YMCA and also it getting too hot or muggy in there. I guess it only reminded me of the Y in the sense that it was enclosed and was kinda loud like at the pool. Yes, it was warmer in there, but yes, we needed it!!! I was freezing the first 2 days and it was not exactly "cruise" weather in my book. So, it was nice to walk in there from outside and get warm.

P4050025%20copy-L.jpg

P4100006%20copy-L.jpg

P4050249%20copy-L.jpg

P4050250%20copy-L.jpg

P4100165%20copy-L.jpg

Thank you for putting the time & effort into your reviews. They are soooo informative and much appreciated!!

Thank you so much for commenting and appreciating my work. It does take a lot of time and effort to do them, but I enjoy them so much. :)

Thanks for doing your reviews! Always look forward to them. Super excited for this one since we will be back on the pride next month! Between you and Jamman it will make the days go faster! And your daughter is just too cute!

These are some of the best pictures on these reviews.

So well written, with gorgeous pictures.

Thanks for taking the time.

Absolutely loving this review.

Aww shucks, thanks a bunch. I really appreciate it.

I love the Pride but have not been on her since she got the burrito bar & Guy's burgers. Nice seeing that.

You will love the upgrades. :)

Thanks for doing your reviews! Always look forward to them. Super excited for this one since we will be back on the pride next month! Between you and Jamman it will make the days go faster! And your daughter is just too cute!

You are very welcome. I enjoy doing them. Have a wonderful time on the Pride next month. She's a beauty.

Thanks for the comment on my daughter. :)

You do an amazing job with a picture review ! I feel like I have been back on the ship and it may somehow help with the long wait until next January before I see her again . :)

I'm glad I could help with the wait. :D

MERMAID'S GRILLE LIDO DECK BUFFET AREA

Sakari squealed with excitement when she seen this area. (Everyone knows she's a mermaid of course). For her birthday she begged and begged for a mermaid tail. While I wasn't able to get her the mermaid tail (didn't have enough time to do the research to see where you order them online because of the cruise), she did manage to get a mermaid dress up dress and a Barbie mermaid doll that goes from wearing a long evening gown dress to a mermaid by pulling the fabric. It's pretty darn neat if I say so myself and she loves it. She has been watching Mermaid shows on youtube and Netflix for months now leading up to the cruise. So obviously this was her favorite part of the ship.

P4050002%20copy-L.jpg

P4050003%20copy-L.jpg

P4050004%20copy-L.jpg

P4050247%20copy-L.jpg

P4050248%20copy-L.jpg

P4060156%20copy-L.jpg

P4060157%20copy-L.jpg

P4060158%20copy-L.jpg

P4060159%20copy-L.jpg

P4060165%20copy-L.jpg

P4060166%20copy-L.jpg

For those of you that don't realize it...if you pull the blinds down in the buffet area, they all have paintings on them. Each is different. (No, I was nice enough not to pull all of them down LOL)

P4110122%20copy-L.jpg

P4110123%20copy-L.jpg

P4110124%20copy-L.jpg

P4110128%20copy-L.jpg

P4110130%20copy-L.jpg

P4110131%20copy-L.jpg

Now there's a story behind the next picture...and as embarassed as I should be, I'm not and I think it's funny myself.

P4110132%20copy-L.jpg

yhis is the area looking up from the drinks area close to the Pizza and Deli place. It's open 2 stories high and as you can see, there's something up there. I would sit to eat in the evening and we all would stare up at it wondering what type of room that was. It looks really pretty with the blue bars going around it and glass. The weird thing was, I watched during the entire cruise during the week and never did see anyone go by up there. It reminded me of some type of dance hall or something. But it was always vacant.

At one point we even stopped and ask one of the ladies that worked in that area what was up there and why we never seen anyone walk by. She replied that she honestly had no idea and she had never seen anyone walk by either. I thought maybe it was even a hallway leading to the elevators. She said she had never inquired what room that was up there, but if we wanted, she could ask around.

I decided to get up and take a closer look at it. To my astonishment...I realized IT WAS MIRRORS that we were looking at and the blue was just the reflection from the other side!!! (Hanging my head in shame now). My husband and I laughed forever about this. No wonder we never seen anyone walking down the hall up there...there was no hall...well, maybe there was, but it is probably a 2-way mirror or something unknown to us.

Ok, so I was busy all the other days checking out the mermaids and maybe at that point I was just in a fantasy land and didn't realize it was mirrors....or maybe my brain was on total vacation mode that week. Either way...I thought it was hilarious.