Premium/Ultimate Drink packages with the drink price increases

We are considering buying drink packages for our next RCCL cruise. The FAQ's online contained the information below. This is cut and pasted from RCCL's page verbatim (including the capitalization errors!); not exactly an accuracy confidence builder.

Q: If I buy the premium package and want a $12 cocktail, will i pay $2 or be charged the full amount?

A:

Guests will only have to pay the $2 difference. the premium and ultimate packages offer a $10 credit towards ultra-premium cocktails.

Is this still the case now that cocktails have pushed way beyond the $10.00 level? Could those of you who have used the packages after the drink price increases share what the actual current experience is?

Thanks.

We are considering buying drink packages for our next RCCL cruise. The FAQ's online contained the information below. This is cut and pasted from RCCL's page verbatim (including the capitalization errors!); not exactly an accuracy confidence builder.

Q: If I buy the premium package and want a $12 cocktail, will i pay $2 or be charged the full amount?

A:

Guests will only have to pay the $2 difference. the premium and ultimate packages offer a $10 credit towards ultra-premium cocktails.

Is this still the case now that cocktails have pushed way beyond the $10.00 level? Could those of you who have used the packages after the drink price increases share what the actual current experience is?

Thanks.

You found an old part of ther website that has not been updated. The value limit on cocktails (both Premium and Ultimate) is now $12. Also, if you order a drink that exceeds $12, you still only pay the difference.

Edited by clarea

Just got of Navigator of the seas yesterday and of course Clarea is correct, we did a lot of drinking , only twice did we exceed the 12 dollar limit, that was for a glass of Caymus that was listed for 24 and we paid 12, other was for Johnny Walker Blue and same prices listed for over 20 but we had the 12 dollar discount, Best deal was Johnny Walker Platinum which is 18 years old and listed for 11 so no cost if you had drink package ( there was only one bar on Navigator that had this )

Question about the beverages....how many go above that $12? We were going to get the Ultimate package, even though pricey. We are mainly a beer/vodka lemonade crowd. Occasional glass of wine or shot. We like Frozen Drinks but those may be a one a day kind of thing.

Question about the beverages....how many go above that $12? We were going to get the Ultimate package, even though pricey. We are mainly a beer/vodka lemonade crowd. Occasional glass of wine or shot. We like Frozen Drinks but those may be a one a day kind of thing.

Just a note that there is no difference in alcoholic beverages covered between the Premium and Ultimate packages. The Ultimate package only adds specialty coffee, fresh squeezed OJ, and bottled sparking water to the Premium package.

Just got of Navigator of the seas yesterday and of course Clarea is correct, we did a lot of drinking , only twice did we exceed the 12 dollar limit, that was for a glass of Caymus that was listed for 24 and we paid 12, other was for Johnny Walker Blue and same prices listed for over 20 but we had the 12 dollar discount, Best deal was Johnny Walker Platinum which is 18 years old and listed for 11 so no cost if you had drink package ( there was only one bar on Navigator that had this )

Hello, glad you enjoyed your cruise. Are you able to do a quick review on Navigator of Seas?

Hello, glad you enjoyed your cruise. Are you able to do a quick review on Navigator of Seas?

I will get a review done in next couple of days, in general it was a very nice cruise, great entertainment

Just a note that there is no difference in alcoholic beverages covered between the Premium and Ultimate packages. The Ultimate package only adds specialty coffee, fresh squeezed OJ, and bottled sparking water to the Premium package.

Thanks! I did find that out, I called the cruise line directly a few weeks ago before I discovered how helpful everyone here is. :) That is the reason for the Ultimate for us, all the options for non-alcoholic as well as the alcohol options.

Its a bit of a joke really that they have 14$ cocktails which arent included... Simple margaretas are 14$ which they charge you extra on a £47 a day package. Its crazy.

Wine prices are also a joke when your supposed to have a beer and wine package.. there seems to be a never ending charge for prosseco which only costs a £3-5 a bottle in europe but seems to cost a fortune on a cruise. Half the bars dont even have an included wine if you only like one colour...

They need to think them out again they arent cheap and should really include it all...

Ridiculous that the premium package wouldnt cover a margarita. :eek:

$14 cocktails? I'm pretty sure they are $12?

I think on certain European or Australia cruises the price point of $14 includes the tip. I read on a post about an Explorer cruise that the $14 cocktails were included under the drink packages on the basis they were really $12 drinks plus tip.

I just got off the Freedom May 3rd and drank what I wanted at with no up charge. I did have a glass of wine at Vintages that cost $1.00 more, but it was worth it to me.

Carolyn

I think on certain European or Australia cruises the price point of $14 includes the tip. I read on a post about an Explorer cruise that the $14 cocktails were included under the drink packages on the basis they were really $12 drinks plus tip.

I just got off the Freedom May 3rd and drank what I wanted at with no up charge. I did have a glass of wine at Vintages that cost $1.00 more, but it was worth it to me.

Carolyn

I was going to say, if it was $14 without tip I wouldn't drink at all! Due to the $2 upcharge.

one ultimate bloody mary 14.16 including gratutity and made with absolute

it was ok but not 14 dollars ok!

would much rather it have been made with skyy or whatever and been 10 bucks with tip!

first day in port pina colada with tax added was 12 fitty!

10 dollah base price