Has this happened to you at Guys Burger?

oceanlov1

My son is a vegetarian and had no problem on Breeze last summer getting fries or onion rings only. They also made him grilled cheese out of the buns, not sure if that is even on the menu. He just told them he doesn't eat meat. Maybe you just got a Douche behind the counter.

On the Conquest a few weeks ago, I went to Guy's Burger to get fries only. I asked the servers for fries and they started laughing hysterically(no Kidding). They said I had to get a burger if I wanted the fries. Since they were laughing so much, I thought they were kidding. Then, they asked the next person for his order. I said…your not kidding. They said no. So, I ordered a burger I did not want just to get the fries.

To me, that was really weird and a waste for Carnival.

On my last cruise on the Breeze, I was able to get fries only.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Happy sailing!!

I have many times asked and received the fries w/o a burger, I wait in line for my turn, I have seen others ask for fries by just going in front of others, and say I just want to get fries, and I liked it when the cooks told them no problem just get in line.

As bacon is served on Lido, it is "unlimited",just ask for more. Guy's still doesn't serve onion rings, which are not a traditional condiment.

Yeah.

Maybe they should have as many onion rings as people want or none.

It is not like onion rings are expensive to make.

Never been refused anything at Guy's Burger, but I would leave the Burger on the Counter if they said I had to order both & I only wanted the fries (though I might be tempted to take at least one bite, or more, of the burger). :):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

On the Glory last year, I wanted just some fries and they told me I had to have the burger too. Later I asked for an onion ring on my non-onion ring burger I ordered - no go! They were a bit jerky.

BUT... it's nice to know that it's different on all the ships; that it's not a ship-wide commandment. Now I know if I want just fries, I'll wait to the other employees show up.

You know... I wonder if that subliminally made me pick the Valor for my upcoming cruise since there is no Guy's but a normal burger joint.

On the Glory last year, I wanted just some fries and they told me I had to have the burger too. Later I asked for an onion ring on my non-onion ring burger I ordered - no go! They were a bit jerky.

BUT... it's nice to know that it's different on all the ships; that it's not a ship-wide commandment. Now I know if I want just fries, I'll wait to the other employees show up.

You know... I wonder if that subliminally made me pick the Valor for my upcoming cruise since there is no Guy's but a normal burger joint.

The good thing about no Guys is they have the most awesome chicken fingers:)

Really? That's good to know!!

I do know that now I can order cheesy fries - can't get those at Guy's either!

21 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We like guys but also like the burger grill where you can also get grilled chicken. Used to have minutes steaks as well but they are long gone:(

I was looking for the Donkey Sauce dispenser on the Sunshine, does anyone remember if other ships have a dispenser of it on the Toppings Bar? Seemed like the Breeze had one, the fries are great dipped in DS.

The workers at guys kind of make up their own rules. Try asking for more than one onion ring sometime.

I doubt the make up their own rules......some just enforce the rules in place and some don't. BTW, one of the rules is only 1 onion ring. I've asked as well.

If I only wanted fries and they made me get a burger to get them, I'd say fine, leave the burger neatly on their counter and walk away with my fries.

There are on the same plate. Are you going to push the burger off of the plate?

I doubt the make up their own rules......some just enforce the rules in place and some don't. BTW, one of the rules is only 1 onion ring. I've asked as well.

MD on the Glory or perhaps it was the Liberty was the one who told me that.

And some apparently refuse to allow a customer to get just fries.

Edited by love my grandkids

MD on the Glory or perhaps it was the Liberty was the one who told me that.

And some apparently refuse to allow a customer to get just fries.

I received a PM tonight that this question/issue/debate/report was presented as a formal Q&A on Heald's Facebook page today.

He flatly rejected the notion of must have burger if you only want fries fleetwide after 'calling the manager of F&B operations'.

Go see for yourselves. IF it was a sporatic problem, it shouldn't be going forward.

Edited by eponym

Error in my post. Missed the word "no" in the post... Sorry.

Edited by eponym
Error

I was thinking the same thing.

A bit under the weather and thinking that a couple of those chicken thingies would make me feel better.

I was thinking the same thing.

A bit under the weather and thinking that a couple of those chicken thingies would make me feel better.

Not sure if they would make you feel better but they are so good especially with honey mustard dressing:):)

Now if they would only have rings:)

I hope you are not talking about the chicken tenders that are made of 90% breading at the grill. Those might be the nastiest things I've tasted on a ship. And I've cruised RCCL!!!

I enjoy the ringer from guys. I have got fries each time with the burger I have never thought about just one or the other. I will test this next month on the Glory

I've not been on a ship with a Guy's. I have been to (and enjoy) the fries AND the onion rings at Johnny Rockets on RCCL. I have upcoming cruises on Breeze and Freedom so I'll get my chance to try Guy's soon. My question is, "Can I get a Ringer with no BBQ sauce? " I like onion rings but not BBQ. I'll use catsup and/or Donkey Sauce, which sounds good and I'm looking forward to trying it.